Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever have time to enjoy life at the rate you are pumping out complaints?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    With all the phasing going on. You barely see a small percentage of your server.
    There are like 5 different faces going on Outland realm and everytime it gets to crowded you see half the world fading away around you.
    This is one of those features who will probably hurt more people then actually help.

I don't see point in MMO's having a feature that makes the world less populated.

And no one can convince me why it's better.
    I am playing a MMORPG, i don't want to see 20% of the active players of my server.

Legion is obviously doing quite amazing so far it has shown us. but the new phasing feature, is one of the biggest NO in WoW history.
    You'll be happy about it if it stops the launch from being unplayable for 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    If you really believing what you said in 1, you simply showed me how bad you are at the game, this discussion is over.

Go do your gear chase in "any activity" hint: Set bonuses and trinkets.
    Yes, set bonuses and trinkets are lovely... and? I can still go play the game and get gear upgrades doing whichever activities I want. Since the VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS don't raid, you can classify them all as bad, but guess what? The vast majority of players get to define what the game is. You don't get to define the game just because you've declared yourself 14 year old king of raiding, or whatever you think you are.

And you believe whatever Blizzard says? Adorable.
    I don't need to believe what they say... because I can look at the game and the massive number of non-raiding activities in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    If you really believing what you said in 1, you simply showed me how bad you are at the game, this discussion is over.

Go do your gear chase in "any activity" hint: Set bonuses and trinkets.

And you believe whatever Blizzard says? Adorable.
    The gear chase wasn't even exclusive in vanilla so I don't know what game you're playing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    "BLIZZ WHY IS THE GAME LAGGY! I CANNOT PLAY!"

*Blizzard introduces techonology to ease the load on servers allowing multiple people in same area at same time"

"BLIZZ I CANNOT SEE EVERYONE ON SAME SERVER AS ME! YOU'RE DESTROYING WORLD INTERACTION!"

People are never happy, no matter what Blizzard do. Suck it up because I would rather be able to actually play the game, than be able to worry if I can see some random twotmonkey from my server mooching around.
    TBF the new SHARD system isn't great, other MMO's manage to control population issues better aka FFXIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    You'll be happy about it if it stops the launch from being unplayable for 3 days.
    I would like it at launch. not when there is no launch. this been around for a good month now.
    It's ruining the experience to log on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbergrape View Post
    When players appear and disappear it's like "multiplayer fog".
    You don't know what's around the corner and you cannot rely that what's there will be there and if empty, will stay empty.

In short. Phasing has been a killer to the game immersion: It's bad game design.
    Phasing in and of itself if done well is a good idea, it is when it is implemented in a slap happy way that problems arise..

With all the phasing going on. You barely see a small percentage of your server.
    There are like 5 different faces going on Outland realm and everytime it gets to crowded you see half the world fading away around you.
    This is one of those features who will probably hurt more people then actually help.

I don't see point in MMO's having a feature that makes the world less populated.

And no one can convince me why it's better.
    I am playing a MMORPG, i don't want to see 20% of the active players of my server.

Legion is obviously doing quite amazing so far it has shown us. but the new phasing feature, is one of the biggest NO in WoW history.
    Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Just another ex player having a big cry about a game he doesn't play anymore. Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I think it's due to server stability. Plus, previous expansion launches have been an utter disaster. Especially with specific questing bottlenecks which completely halted your progression. Having to compete with literally hundreds of other players for mob tags.
    Yes, it will make the world seem less populated as a result. But that's the unfortunate consequence of trying to make things smoother and more convenient for players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Just another ex player having a big cry about a game he doesn't play anymore. Nothing to see here.
    Hi there. Gimlix. Active MMO-C/WoW user for 5 years now.
    Never quit once my subscription. Next to that i make the most fanboy threads over time.
    I spent more then 3000 euros on WoW.

Am i a ex player? Nope, neither have i ever been.

Please post something constructive that's actually true
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Whereas every class following a predetermined spec and repeating the same content for months without variation is totally fun
    pvp is repeating the same shit for 12 years now

fun

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And the gear chase is no longer dependent on raids.

The game is whatever people do with it and Blizzard designs it for. They may have designed it for just raiders for a long time, but they aren't anymore, and most players don't raid. Deal with it.
    However... WatcherDev did a ton of interviews during Gamescom and he specifically stated that they create WoW-expansions with gear-chase in mind. And the best way to do that is via raiding. Sure you can get silly good gear in pure RNG in Legion, but he said "they'll never be decked in mythic level raiding gear unless they raid mythic". A dev of Blizzard is saying that their main focus is indeed raiding and gearing up when they start develop an expansion, and here you're saying otherwise. I know who to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post

fun
    The whole point of pvp is how non-repetitive the content is, due to the fact that you are playing against decision-making humans, not a script.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    However... WatcherDev did a ton of interviews during Gamescom and he specifically stated that they create WoW-expansions with gear-chase in mind. And the best way to do that is via raiding. Sure you can get silly good gear in pure RNG in Legion, but he said "they'll never be decked in mythic level raiding gear unless they raid mythic". A dev of Blizzard is saying that their main focus is indeed raiding and gearing up when they start develop an expansion, and here you're saying otherwise. I know who to believe.
    Sweet, please provide the quote where they say "their main focus is indeed raiding". I'll wait here.

Sorry but this feature has the big rights to be complained at.
    I love to hang in Goldshire, where usually i see over 50 to 100 people hang out, duel, chill, chat. It is like our server hang zone.
    Now there are moments each day. where i am fcking alone in Goldshire. Sorry but if a new player comes online and sees a town, with just him in it. That will scare him away faster then seeing interaction.
    Then it's something wrong with Goldshire, because the intent of the "shard"-tech is to create shards that are never empty. Yes if you're 150 people in one shard they might phase some out to another shard, but you should never be alone, and i don't think you are. Exaggeration perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post

fun
    I find pvp and raiding equally boring

Then it's something wrong with Goldshire, because the intent of the "shard"-tech is to create shards that are never empty. Yes if you're 150 people in one shard they might phase some out to another shard, but you should never be alone, and i don't think you are. Exaggeration perhaps?
    Also, I noticed (using the googles) that the quote you did provide in your post ("they'll never be decked in mythic level raiding gear unless they raid mythic") is actually fake, so if you could source where you got that from, that would be fantastic as well. Please try to actually source it, not just make it up. Thanks.

Everyone saying that raiding is a minority, need to know that everything except leveling is a minority in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Also, I noticed (using the googles) that the quote you did provide in your post ("they'll never be decked in mythic level raiding gear unless they raid mythic") is actually fake, so if you could source where you got that from, that would be fantastic as well. Please try to actually source it, not just make it up. Thanks.
    Chill out perhaps?

"It always will be best to do the hardest content available to you in terms of reward for time spent."

"You could still get something great from a world quest or Mythic dungeon, which is nice because that possibility didn't exist before."

"The person who does raid finder over the course a patch might end up with a piece of high item level gear, but it is just one piece of gear. No one is going to mistake them for a Mythic raider. For the person that got that amazing drop, that probably made their day."

No i watched those interviews in real-time it was clear as day to me that Blizzards number one focus with expansions is raiding content.

Deleted
    Actually there is some issues currently with shards in it randomly occurring in dead areas. We had an RP event in Ashenvale and some people kept randomly been moved between shards

So it's fun for you to try to get your quests done on a high-full server. Because i think it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    Everyone saying that raiding is a minority, need to know that everything except leveling is a minority in wow.
    That's the whole point of why we are saying raiding is a minority. The game is diverse. It accommodates a large number of different playstyles and interests. There is no ONE THING the game is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Chill out perhaps?

"It always will be best to do the hardest content available to you in terms of reward for time spent."

"You could still get something great from a world quest or Mythic dungeon, which is nice because that possibility didn't exist before."

"The person who does raid finder over the course a patch might end up with a piece of high item level gear, but it is just one piece of gear. No one is going to mistake them for a Mythic raider. For the person that got that amazing drop, that probably made their day."

No i watched those interviews in real-time it was clear as day to me that Blizzards number one focus with expansions is raiding content.
    None of those quotes say either of these two things:

1. The only person in mythic gear is going to be a mythic raider.

2. The focus of the game is raiding.