Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dalaran's ring price?

So I heard somewhere that the price for the Dalaran's ring might change going from 250k to 200k but I don't know if it's true or live, anyone knows?

It's 250k on Beta. That is unlikely to change in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The amount of days left till live is irrelevant. Why would they ever bother to change gold prices in beta where everybody has effectively infinite gold and the economy is non existent, and not just flag those changes to go with the live launch?

Not that I'm saying the price is going to change, I don't have a clue lol.
    So they don't forget about it?

Conversly, why bother waiting?

Things change from last day of beta to live all the time; Ion even said when responding about the AP issues raised the other day that there hasn't been a beta client patch in some time and the AP values in Suramar had changed. It stands to reason other things could have changed as well. (As an example of this, the gronn quest objective at the end of the Tanaan Invasion scenario at the start of WoD was not even present during the final few days of beta; it was a last-minute addition only discovered on live.)

Either way, can't know until Tuesday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So they don't forget about it?

Conversly, why bother waiting?
    Simply for the reason that changing the build is more effort than not changing the build.

The amount of days left till live is irrelevant. Why would they ever bother to change gold prices in beta where everybody has effectively infinite gold and the economy is non existent, and not just flag those changes to go with the live launch?

Not that I'm saying the price is going to change, I don't have a clue lol.
    Why ion the world do you think Blizz would just flag something for live launch like that? It makes literally no sense from a game dev standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Simply for the reason that changing the build is more effort than not changing the build.
    Pretty sure flagging things to live months in advance is a lot more effort than just changing them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Things change from last day of beta to live all the time; Ion even said when responding about the AP issues raised the other day that there hasn't been a beta client patch in some time and the AP values in Suramar had changed. It stands to reason other things could have changed as well. (As an example of this, the gronn quest objective at the end of the Tanaan Invasion scenario at the start of WoD was not even present during the final few days of beta; it was a last-minute addition only discovered on live.)

Either way, can't know until Tuesday.
    This thread is about whether or not a rumor that it is being decreased to 200k is real or not.

I have more proof that it will cost 250k on Tuesday than you or anyone else does thinking it could be dropped to 200k. My claim has backing and basis of reality. The OP's is a rumor he says he heard from a source he won't even name. He just "heard it through the grapevine."

Could it be reduced to 200k? Sure. But the chance of that happening when it's still 250k on Beta the day before the expansion drops is so unlikely I'd be willing to bet real life money on the fact that it won't be changed.

Deleted
    Well considering they bumped it up from 200 000g to 250 000g makes it highly unlikely that the price will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If it was 8000 in WotLK when I had like 100 000 gold and it is now 200k when I have 3.5 million gold it seems a fair adjustment....

It was a convenience item in WotLK...you could have set your HS there. It seems to be a convenience item again....so just like the spider mount that you really don't need, they jack up the price to drain gold
    Not that I care because I don't want the ring ... but they really need to stop pricing things assuming that everyone played WoD and that everyone abused the economy and the garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Not that I care because I don't want the ring ... but they really need to stop pricing things assuming that everyone played WoD and that everyone abused the economy and the garrisons.
    ^^

This. Basically this scenario represents gas prices in 20th century compared to 21st century (somewhat).

Not everybody likes to spend time farming for gold or checking their garrisons everyday. I am not looking forward to BmAH prices... 900k is probably going to be 8M (9,999,999 is now gold cap if I rememeber).
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-08-28 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah, not getting the ring either. Definitely agree with what you said though.

Please explain to me why that doesn't make sense. What is there to test with a gold sink price on a beta server where everybody has infinite gold?
    You don't understand how beta works. That is ok. Just stop trying to seem so high and mighty in your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    This thread is about whether or not a rumor that it is being decreased to 200k is real or not.

I have more proof that it will cost 250k on Tuesday than you or anyone else does thinking it could be dropped to 200k. My claim has backing and basis of reality. The OP's is a rumor he says he heard from a source he won't even name. He just "heard it through the grapevine."

Could it be reduced to 200k? Sure. But the chance of that happening when it's still 250k on Beta the day before the expansion drops is so unlikely I'd be willing to bet real life money on the fact that it won't be changed.
    Garrison upgrade gold costs were not present on beta the day before launch, either. Fact is while beta is "evidence" it is simply not 100% until we get confirmation on live.

My post was in response to those in here saying that nothing on beta at this exact moment will be different on live. The odds of some changes showing up are not insignificant.

It's meant to be a gold sink specifically targeted at those people. If you can't afford it that is alright, it's not like the ilvl of the ring won't be outdated very quickly.
    The Mad Merchant should be the gold sink targeted at these people, not a BoP ring. If the ring was BoA it would make more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    The Mad Merchant should be the gold sink targeted at these people, not a BoP ring. If the ring was BoA it would make more sense.
    The spider mount is not a gold sink. It is purely optional and grants you absolutely no benefit other than in aesthics. If it was priced at 10,000,000 gold it still wouldn't be a gold sink.

Repair costs is an example of a gold sink, because every single player needs to use it very often.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Deleted
    This is a luxury item though, it's an extra hs, that's why it's costly.

It's not a progression or gearing item, because otherwise they wouldn't have nerfed it from 865 to 850 item level to begin with.

Nor is it a mandatory item either, so the price can be high as the item itself will be irrelevant fairly short after acquiring it.

To me, the price is justified, I'm rich, but I have no intent on buying it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please explain to me why that doesn't make sense. What is there to test with a gold sink price on a beta server where everybody has infinite gold?
    like how it was 200k but got bumped up to 250k, and also how the mad merchants stuff was bumped up from meh prices to insane prices, and blizzard has said NOTHING about these changes? if changes are going to be happening TOMORROW that are THAT BIG as 50k... we would know by now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post
    The spider mount is not a gold sink. It is purely optional and grants you absolutely no benefit other than in aesthics. If it was priced at 10,000,000 gold it still wouldn't be a gold sink.

Repair costs is an example of a gold sink, because every single player needs to use it very often.
    Um, what? Aesthetic items are gold sinks. This was the main purpose of the BmAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post

If repairs were a gold sink, they'd be more expensive, repairs are more or less a punishment and motivation to not die all the time.

Wouldn't be surprised that gold repairs don't even represent 1-2% of all gold spent in the game, I think one big mount on the AH, the AH cut probably ends up being more than what I spent on repairs during a year of raiding 3 days a week.

lol things that are gold sinks are in the beta at their price not to "test" but so they don't have to go back and adjust the price again later. Stop being purposefully obtuse.