Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm a little surprised people feel that they need it this early, we're still about 24 hours out!
    I guess people want to know it so they can decide when to sleep and etc so they feel awake and good to go once legion comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I guess people want to know it so they can decide when to sleep and etc so they feel awake and good to go once legion comes out.
    I keep forgetting what day it is- we're actually almost 48 hours out, whoops. I'd expect to see one Monday morning, at the latest, if there will be one posted here. Otherwise, I see a few around on Reddit for people to use!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I keep forgetting what day it is- we're actually almost 48 hours out
    38 hours to EU launch at the time of this posting. But yeah, not only is it a bit too early for a countdown clock, one isn't really needed anyway.

i would expect it to come for the 24 hours timer. Wouldn't need it any earlier.

Tomorrow night over here I prefer saying that rather than the actual hour count. Feels closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i would expect it to come for the 24 hours timer. Wouldn't need it any earlier.
    Every other xpac has had them for at least a week beforehand. Seems silly to not have one.

Quote Originally Posted by lorejunkay View Post
    Every other xpac has had them for at least a week beforehand. Seems silly to not have one.
    It was silly to have it for a week. Everyone new the general days and everyone only actualyl paid it the most attention in the last 24 hours, which mattered.

it especially didnt call for that fellows insane topic-spam venomous ranting

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why? As you see below people will just complain that it is not in their timezone....
    Wut. A countdown timer is a countdown to Legion. It is literally releasing at the exact same time (different for US and EU) across the globe. Why anybody would make a countdown timer that changes timezones is beyond me. Like really, think about what you are saying before you type it out.

Deleted
    It is literally releasing at the exact same time (different for US and EU) across the globe.
    Yeah.... No. It cannot be the exact same time AND different for the regions. That is why people will complain about timezone differences.

You are correct in that it will release at the same time, midnight, on the given day of release, but there are hours of difference, so it will not be the exact same time. If that was true, either US would get it prior to midnight, going by a EU release, or EU would have to wait until the morning when it hits midnight in one of the US timezones.

What baffles me is that people cannot just look at their own damn clock ingame and figure out when it's happening to them specifically...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hope this guy does a legion version of this

please for the love of god, someone do a legion version of this with illidan and gul'dan and shit.
    Could we also get one for the heterosexual adults?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Yeah.... No. It cannot be the exact same time AND different for the regions. That is why people will complain about timezone differences.

You are correct in that it will release at the same time, midnight, on the given day of release, but there are hours of difference, so it will not be the exact same time. If that was true, either US would get it prior to midnight, going by a EU release, or EU would have to wait until the morning when it hits midnight in one of the US timezones.
    Oh my sweet jesus how can people be this stupid? It is called a COUNTDOWN clock. COUNTDOWN. See that word? It means to COUNT DOWN to something. As in yes a COUNTDOWN clock would look exactly the same in every region (barring EU to US that have different release times). The time that it COUNTS DOWN to is different in each country but the COUNTDOWN itself is the same.

I hope I managed to get it through your thick skull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I see you are struggling with your internalized homophobia.

Oh my sweet jesus how can people be this stupid? It is called a COUNTDOWN clock. COUNTDOWN. See that word? It means to COUNT DOWN to something. As in yes a COUNTDOWN clock would look exactly the same in every region (barring EU to US that have different release times). The time that it COUNTS DOWN to is different in each country but the COUNTDOWN itself is the same.

I hope I managed to get it through your thick skull.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you are struggling with your internalized homophobia.
    nah. my dislike of those who choose to deviate from the norm in that way is open and legendary.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Its correct. CEST time.
    Its currently Friday 26th 9:15 CEST.
    I think it's showing midnight in whatever timezone you're in

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We may as well have one counting down to X-mas, seeing as they'll both be equally useless.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Its releasing at 24.00 ST on the 29th in all of europe. That means i roughly 30 hours and 30 minutes from now. For ALL of europe

nah. my dislike of those who choose to deviate from the norm in that way is open and legendary.
    Yup exactly what I thought. Super gay.

come on, machoman. you can be more manly than that. at least beat your chest a bit before you grunt.

Deleted
    Oh my sweet jesus how can people be this stupid?
    I don't know, how can you? You totally failed to get the meaning of my post. You were saying it was the exact same, but different. That's impossible. It's one or the other, can't be both. It's not Schrodinger's Cat

As for the countdown you so obviously would like to see: If they put up a countdown, people will look at it and ask "hey, uhm, what time is that in my timezone?" because they are too lazy to actually figure it out for themselves. It's one thing to look at it and say "hmm, there's 18 hours to go", it's another to consider "18 hours from now, it's 5 now, 5+18 is 23, that must mean it launches at 23". So many people are too damn lazy to do that simple piece of math. And so they will complain that it is not showing their timezone, even though it is not needed at all.