Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Optimal way to do invasions

Hello. So I was doing all stages of invasions and then seen some comments that it's actually faster to do stage 1 and 2 and then reset. I did that for a while and then asked around in /1 and some people said that you should reset after 3. I'm level 80. Completing stage 4 gives you a nice chunk for xp but then of course you have to wait for the next one. What's the optimal way?

Edit: I'm alliance.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2016-08-28 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanaris Stage 1 and 2. Gives you around 50% of a level after 60 every 5-minute clear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Tanaris Stage 1 and 2. Gives you around 50% of a level after 60 every 5-minute clear.
    I'm assuming you're horde. I tend to stick to westfall. Tanaris provides to many opportunities to be ganked.

get on a ground mount and cruise the vista

optimal way to enjoy the game....

or you can afk flying and at the FP .... seems you are looking for this answer

Deleted
    Definitely stick with westfall/ironforge if youre alliance or Aszhara/the barrens if youre horde if youre on a pvp server. Personally i did stage 1 2 and 3 and reset when you run out of bosses

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

how the fuck does this even remotely relate

Stage 4 takes a looooong time to complete. I'd say to reset after level 3 unless the invasion timer is almost up (30 mins or less), in which case you can complete the invasion and then have a new one back up almost immediately after you're done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

Dude what?

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Stage 4 takes a looooong time to complete. I'd say to reset after level 3 unless the invasion timer is almost up (30 mins or less), in which case you can complete the invasion and then have a new one back up almost immediately after you're done
    This (10char)

Search west in searchfield

join only 5 man group

/p Hi, spread out and tag all mobs you can. The more you all tag while in 5 man group, the more we all get! (my little text macro i spam 2-3 times pr. run)

TAG ALL MOBS, just once...move fast, tag tag tag.

stage 2 over...leave or stay for a bit if you want.

this is 2 mill xp/hour....I managed to get 3.4 mil xp/hour on my monk today going to 90.

there is some range issues on shared xp...be in range or something.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Stage 4 only takes so long cause of you exploiters. I've taken to reporting anyone that talks publicly about reseting.

The optimal way to do invasions is to not do invations at all, since all the gear will be obsolete in hours.

If you want the transmogs, then the optimal way to do Invasions is to just pick your most powerful DPS character and run around and do six invasions/hour until you have 600 shard and then buy the transmog unlocks for the other armor types than the one you're doing invasions on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Stage 4 only takes so long cause of you exploiters. I've taken to reporting anyone that talks publicly about reseting.
    You and I don't determine what an exploit is, only Blizzard. Haven't heard anyone complain about being banned from doing invasions a certain way, so you're probably wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    The optimal way to do invasions is to not do invations at all, since all the gear will be obsolete in hours.

If you want the transmogs, then the optimal way to do Invasions is to just pick your most powerful DPS character and run around and do six invasions/hour until you have 600 shard and then buy the transmog unlocks for the other armor types than the one you're doing invasions on.
    Did you read the OP or just the title? This is clearly a discussion about XP gains not gearing or transmogs.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post

Nobody is doing this for gear, they're doing it to lvl alts super fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    You and I don't determine what an exploit is, only Blizzard.
    We all know the invasions weren't designed to be farmed. There's a reset timer on them. There wouldn't be a reset timer for them if you were supposed to be able to farm them. Hence, obviously it's exploiting an error in design, which is clearly stated as being against the ToU, the error in design being that you're able to log out or move away from the zone to reset the battle.

Personally, I wouldn't care at all that people were doing this to get fast XP, if it didn't affect my gameplay at all. But it does. It takes forever to finish battles because 99% of the people leave after stage 2, which in turn means it takes forever to collect enough Coalesced Fel to upgrade weapons to 725, because farming up to stage 2 gives an abysmal amount of shards and no chance for a Fel from a box, since it only drops from the rare box.

So yeah, all the XP farmers are screwing with my gameplay, they're exploiters, and they should have all their XP rolled back as a punishment.

If you are Horde do barrens.Follow the group of flyng mounts to the bosses until the stage is complete then reset.

If you are Ally do the same but in Westfall.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    When Blizzard comes out and says it's an exploit and penalizes players for doing so, I'm sure folks will stop and we can say that it most certainly is an exploit. However, we're less than two days away from Legion and the invasions along with these methods have been occurring for, what, two or three weeks with nary a word from them in regards to this but, hold on, several backseat armchair moderators are out in full force reporting these obvious exploits.

Sometimes you guys need to be a little flexible with your moral compass and relax. It's only experience that's being farmed from events which are practically designed to level your characters thanks to their new scaling tech. Phase four takes five more minutes to complete? Good thing there are five more invasions which usually roll over to the new timer before you can do all six so you're never left with nothing to do.

"But it has a timer"

Loot timer. You don't check the clock to see how long you have to farm xp. You check it to see how long you have to get the loot. Why would an XP farmer care about a timer if they're constantly resetting the phase and the event will just reset after the 2 hour timer?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-08-28 at 09:31 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    We all know the invasions weren't designed to be farmed. There's a reset timer on them. There wouldn't be a reset timer for them if you were supposed to be able to farm them. Hence, obviously it's exploiting an error in design, which is clearly stated as being against the ToU, the error in design being that you're able to log out or move away from the zone to reset the battle.

Personally, I wouldn't care at all that people were doing this to get fast XP, if it didn't affect my gameplay at all. But it does. It takes forever to finish battles because 99% of the people leave after stage 2, which in turn means it takes forever to collect enough Coalesced Fel to upgrade weapons to 725, because farming up to stage 2 gives an abysmal amount of shards and no chance for a Fel from a box, since it only drops from the rare box.

So yeah, all the XP farmers are screwing with my gameplay, they're exploiters, and they should have all their XP rolled back as a punishment.
    How dare people not help you just because they don't want to! I'd write a stern letter to them if I were you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    How dare people not help you just because they don't want to! I'd write a stern letter to them if I were you!
    Hey, if people wanted to leave invasions after stage 2, that'd be fine. The exploiting part is when they enter the invasion again instead of waiting until it resets. I'm fairly certain people wouldn't leave after stage 2 if they weren't able to restart the invasion straight after.

It has nothing to do with helping me. This is about exploiting an error in design.

This isn't much different from when people joined AV to just sit idle at a graveyard, take a slot from someone who'd actually want to play the game, and ruin the gameplay of others in that BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Hey, if people wanted to leave invasions after stage 2, that'd be fine. The exploiting part is when they enter the invasion again instead of waiting until it resets. I'm fairly certain people wouldn't leave after stage 2 if they weren't able to restart the invasion straight after.

It has nothing to do with helping me. This is about exploiting an error in design.
    You're right, people wouldn't leave it because they wouldn't even enter it. Those are people trying to level alts, they wouldn't be there if it wasn't an efficient way of doing so. If Blizzard decide this is an exploit and punish people from doing that you won't magically find yourself in groups finishing all 4 stages, you'll find yourself alone unable to finish stage 1.