Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    i wonder What will USA do?, if i remember correctly Biden said, "if kurds not leave the area USA will stop supporting YPG."
    if the US stop supporting the Kurds, basically the only one left are hardcore Islamists.
    Interesting.

Turkey has started bombing Kurds with the American blessing.

This is how the Americans treat one of their most loyal allies guys. The kurds have always allied with the Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    if the US stop supporting the Kurds, basically the only one left are hardcore Islamists.
    Interesting.
    YPG is PKK's Syria wing. I thought you didn't like terrorists?

Deleted
    The Turkish leadership is literally killing their own men by sending old M60's in to Syria where every asshole and their mother has semi-advanced, long-range anti-missiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Turkey has started bombing Kurds with the American blessing.

This is how the Americans treat one of their most loyal allies guys. The kurds have always allied with the Americans.
    You confuse convinient tactical moves with proper alliance.

US only values Turkey. If Kurds can provide momentary leverage against Ankara and others, they will (ab)use them to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    The Turkish leadership is literally killing their own men by sending old M60's in to Syria where every asshole and their mother has semi-advanced, long-range anti-missiles.

- - - Updated - - -

You confuse convinient tactical moves with proper alliance.

US only values Turkey. If Kurds can provide momentary leverage against Ankara and others, they will (ab)use them to do just that.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Kurds are pretty much the only "success" story to come out of all the American military adventures in the Middle East, and we're not going to just abandon the one group of people in that area that is somewhat pro-US. Sure, Turkey is much more important of a strategic ally, but for all their whining about Gulen they need us much more than we need them, given that both Europe and the Arab world despise them and the USA is just about the only country in the world with whom they don't have some kind of bitter historical baggage.

Deleted
    More from syria:
    http://www.euronews.com/2016/08/28/d...itias-in-syria
    Turkish shelling and airstrikes have killed at least 25 people in northern Syria near the border city of Jarablus.

Turkey said the dead were Kurdish YPG militants.

A monitoring group has countered that claim, however, reporting nearly 40 killed, the majority of which were civilians.

Despite the differing accounts, the strikes and number of casualties mark a clear escalation in Ankara’s military operations inside Syria.

Turkey launched its offensive against ISIL and Kurdish militias on Wednesday. Jarablus, which was held by ISIL has fallen. But, so far Kurdish forces appear to have borne the brunt of Ankara’s incursion as it seeks to stop the Kurds controlling a swath of territory along its border.

That latest fighting came after suspected Kurdish fighters launched rockets at an airport in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir.

Four rockets were fired at a police checkpoint, though no casualties were reported.

There is no reason for Turkey to target civilians, as they are Sunni Arabs or Turkmens, not Kurds. Either bullshit, or YPG used them as human shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give the Kurds northern Syria, divide the rest up between the other countries bordering it. Its not like most people will even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Just give the Kurds northern Syria, divide the rest up between the other countries bordering it. Its not like most people will even notice.
    I prefer otherwise; keeping the territorial integrity of Syria under Assad's control.

Deleted
    Another great plan.

Deleted
    Turkey will notice - Because they will now have a kurdish state able to support the PKK.

Deleted
    I think the best deal would be (even though, personally I don't like it)

1.Kurds get their own state in Syria
    2.Turkish Kurds will be deported to the new state in Syria
    3.Rest of Syrie is split in various new "acceptable" states for each of it's major culture groups. Deportations were needed.

Probably the best resolution achieve I'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I think the best deal would be (even though, personally I don't like it)

1.Kurds get their own state in Syria
    2.Turkish Kurds will be deported to the new state in Syria
    3.Rest of Syrie is split in various new "acceptable" states for each of it's major culture groups. Deportations were needed.

Best for who.
    Surely not for the people, the area, future security or common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    A better solution will be a full scale civil war in Turkey.

1. That will create a Kurdish sate.
    2. A secular state on former Byzantine coast.
    3. A hardcore muslim hinterland in the central part of Anatolia.
    4. A large chunk of Turkey that historically belongs to Armenia is returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    A better solution will be a full scale civil war in Turkey.

1. That will create a Kurdish sate.
    2. A secular state on former Byzantine coast.
    3. A hardcore muslim hinterland in the central part of Anatolia.
    4. A large chunk of Turkey that historically belongs to Armenia is returned.
    A full-scale Kurdish rebellion would end this "Kurd" problem once and for all, if you know what I mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    A full-scale Kurdish rebellion would end this "Kurd" problem once and for all, if you know what I mean.
    And then - EU Anschluss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Turkey will notice - Because they will now have a kurdish state able to support the PKK.
    Tell the PKK to just move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I wonder if you will have the same confidence after a few months of a steady supply of Turkish coffins keep coming from Syria.

Don't worry Cuntantee, we know what you mean. No one has forgot any of your genocides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Don't worry Cuntantee, we know what you mean. No one has forgot any of your genocides.
    But there are so many...