Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's not on me to jump through extra hoops because other people are purposefully ruining my gameplay and exploiting an error in design. I don't expect Blizzard to punish them, even though they should, but I'm free to point it out, and it's not "bitching and whining" any more than pointing out that someone just robbed a store is.
    Forming a group to do a group activity is "jumping through extra hoops"? Cool...

Back on topic though, if you are going to try and power-level with these invasions the best way is to form a 5-man group. This way you all share tags and get more exp, but keep in mind some people will only join your group and afk flying in their mounts, not tagging anything and not helping the group at all. Turn on a recount addon just to make sure everyone is doing "some" damage, even if very little. Kicking afkers and replacing them with more people is super fast and easy, there'll be dozens of players just spamming "1" in General Chat trying to join a tag-group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Forming a group to do a group activity is "jumping through extra hoops"? Cool...
    We both know having to make specialized groups to do content the way it was supposed to be done because of people who are, through their exploiting of an error in design, ruining the gameplay for everyone who isn't using that exploit, is, obviously, without a doubt, having to jump through extra hoops. This is absolutely and utterly clear to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Somebody know the range of the Pitlords AoE?Holy fel arcane shit that spell hurts alot.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's the same range as a shaman's lighting bolt (40yards). I say that because if I move far enough to not be hit by that AoE I'm also unable to attack him back which sucks. What I'd do is just spam heals while he was doing that, but you might also want to use defensives like Astral Shift to lower the damage or you might run out of mana.

Deleted
    So :
    - Blizzard uses their new mob-level-adjusting system, according low-levels to participate to the invasion.
    - Blizzard accelerates the proc rate of invasions for the second week.
    - Blizzard uses their new zone-instanciation system for invasions, allowing to have infinite invasions in the same time, on the same zone

And you just think this is a "little error in the design" that is beeing exploited ?
    Invasions were meant for allowing power levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    The optimal way to do invasions is to not do invations at all, since all the gear will be obsolete in hours.

If you want the transmogs, then the optimal way to do Invasions is to just pick your most powerful DPS character and run around and do six invasions/hour until you have 600 shard and then buy the transmog unlocks for the other armor types than the one you're doing invasions on.
    this. there is no reason in doing them, outside of leveling another character, after you have all the transmog stuff u want. And if are still leveling chars now, what have u done the last few weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Invasions were meant for allowing power levelling.
    Invasions were not meant to be reset after stage 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    We both know having to make specialized groups to do content the way it was supposed to be done because of people who are, through their exploiting of an error in design, ruining the gameplay for everyone who isn't using that exploit, is, obviously, without a doubt, having to jump through extra hoops. This is absolutely and utterly clear to everyone.
    And yet you're the only one who seems to have a problem with it, funny how that works. Either way, can you stop whinning about that please? This thread is for helping people find the "optimal way to do invasions" and you've already made it abundantly clear how we rustle your jimmies. You're just spamming now.

Deleted
    And yet you're the only one who seems to have a problem with it, funny how that works.
    I'm not the only one who has posted about this issue here, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who has a problem with it; I just happen to be posting here.

Either way, can you stop whinning about that please? This thread is for helping people find the "optimal way to do invasions" and you've already made it abundantly clear how we rustle your jimmies. You're just spamming now.
    People resetting invasions after stage 2 and thus ruining them for those of us who want to "optimally" do stage 4 and use an "optimal way to do invasions" absolutely pertains to this topic.

Also, I could be mistaken, but isn't it against MMOCs rules to post about using exploits?

Invasions were not meant to be reset after stage 2.
    If Blizzard did not intend for players to do this they could have added a debuff that stops players from entering another invasion for a period of time like they do with BGs, Ashran and Dungeons the fact that they haven't suggests that they have no issue with players doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the only one who has posted about this issue here, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who has a problem with it; I just happen to be posting here.

People resetting invasions after stage 2 and thus ruining them for those of us who want to "optimally" do stage 4 and use an "optimal way to do invasions" absolutely pertains to this topic.

Also, I could be mistaken, but isn't it against MMOCs rules to post about using exploits?
    Sure, whatever kid...

Anyway! I don't know if you can still one-shot bosses like in this video, but if you can this sounds more like the kinda stuff Blizzard would probably try to hot-fix! I haven't tried it myself because I was already done leveling my shammie when I saw it, but it might be worth a try!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiAG1yo-sJk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If Blizzard did not intend for players to do this they could have added a debuff that stops players from entering another invasion for a period of time like they do with BGs, Ashran and Dungeons the fact that they haven't suggests that they have no issue with players doing this.
    This is just a simple case of weighing PR; removing the ability to exploit this error in design from all the people who are leveling their characters would, while enforcing the rules, be bad publicity for them and a bad move just days (and now hours) before the expansion launches. It doesn't mean it's not unintended.

Personally, I wouldn't care at all that people were doing this to get fast XP, if it didn't affect my gameplay at all. But it does. It takes forever to finish battles because 99% of the people leave after stage 2, which in turn means it takes forever to collect enough Coalesced Fel to upgrade weapons to 725, because farming up to stage 2 gives an abysmal amount of shards and no chance for a Fel from a box, since it only drops from the rare box.

So yeah, all the XP farmers are screwing with my gameplay, they're exploiters, and they should have all their XP rolled back as a punishment.
    And yet farming shard at bosses in p2/p3 and buying the Coalesced Fels would be significantly faster. Just going by my experience from lvling seven chars chars: each of them had >= 1500 shards, each about 40 boxes. Not a single one of them got enough Coalesced Fels to upgrade a weapon to 725, yet enough shards to buy more than enough Coalesced Fels. So not only did I getmore Coalesced Fels by merely farming bosses, I also saved quite a bit of time by not traveling between Invasion zones.

This is just a simple case of weighing PR; removing the ability to exploit this error in design from all the people who are leveling their characters would, while enforcing the rules, be bad publicity for them and a bad move just days (and now hours) before the expansion launches. It doesn't mean it's not unintended.
    So in other words they're happy with players doing this.

Deleted
    Sure, whatever kid...
    Mmmyeah, I thought ages were supposed to be visible. I'm fairly certain my age has been set visible in the settings. Anyway, I'm 37, but if that's what you consider a "kid", good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    And yet farming shard at bosses in p2/p3
    You're talking about stage 3, when most people leave after stage 2. Can't do stage 3 bosses solo.

So in other words they're happy with players doing this.
    That's not what it means, nor what I said. They just don't want the fallout from taking away this thing people are now doing.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-28 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... I just read the comments on the video I posted, turns out that method of one-shotting the bosses was already hot-fixed. I guess Blizzard really does hot-fix stuff they don't want in the game. Further proof they don't mind people reseting stages at least?

A real shame, I was considering using that to level a priest today.

The next expansion will launch in hours.This event will no longer be active so why bother ruin the thing that makes players play the game.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

That's not what it means, nor what I said. They just don't want the fallout from taking away this thing people are now doing.
    The fact that they have not said or done anything about it, despite having a system to combat this for the best part of a decade, suggests that they have no issue with players resetting invasions.

The most important thing on the invasions is be alive at the time the boss die.And no this doest not mean you can hit and afk.Help Dps the boss down so everyone can go to the next boss quickly

And for the Love of god.

Do not run much from the boss.Run to the sides or die at once.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    The fact that they have not said or done anything about it, despite having a system to combat this for the best part of a decade, suggests that they have no issue with players resetting invasions.
    It doesn't suggest that any more than a number of things. It's still, to me at least, clearly just them trying to avoid angering a bunch of people and getting bad publicity just before the expansion launches. They view it as a temporary thing that'll go away on it's own because the invasions will stop soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Stage 4 takes a looooong time to complete.
    I duuno WHAT you are smoking but you should stop!
    Stage 4 is the last where you kill the big boss one. Its over in like 60 secs max. Stage 3 takes ages....