Thread: Beards

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to say that I have a beard because I like the way it looks... But really, I'm just too lazy to shave too often. I probably look older with a beard, as some people have mistaken me for a man in their 30-s in the past, while I'm only 26. But nothing wrong with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's rather simple, i look better with it, i can grow a full one not some random patches of hair here and there and it makes me look closer to my age. I do find you have to trim and maintain it, what makes maintaining a beard more work considering shaving yourself clean takes about 5 to 10 minutes max while maintain the lines of your beard is much more of a pain.

What do you call a man without a beard? A woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    If you have a trimmed beard and take care of it, you will look decently "manly". If you have it like me, you look like a homeless person.
    Thank GOD my girlfriend has a homeless person fetish!
    Helpful tip; Trim the very sides shorter (sideburns area) than the rest and you will get rid of some of that look. I do this about once a month so that the beard "flows" downward instead of in a radial direction like an afro.

I basically use a hair trimmer with no guard and just very carefully cut it down shorter. I guess if you don't have steady hands I wouldn't recommend that and have someone else do it. Also don't be afraid to trim the outer radius of the beard even every few months. it doesn't take much, just like a quarter inch. It keeps it uniform instead of having beard hairs of varying lengths poking out everywhere. I know the pic is dark, but you should see my beard has a very 'round' bottom instead of being a rats nest.

Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-08-28 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    I have a beard because it makes me look king.

Also, it pisses beardless people off. Which is good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    I have a beard because it makes me look king.

Also, it pisses beardless people off. Which is good.
    Good mood won't solve all your problems, but it'll piss off enough other people that it's worth keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    What do you call a man without a beard? A woman.
    Haha good one. What do you call a man without a beard? Employed at a proper firm.

Beards are makeup for men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Also read a study which said beards ( with a mustache ) are healthy for men. It can filter/catch contaminants before you inhale them into your lungs. And protect the lower part of the face from skin cancer.
    There was a study "claiming" they found feces in beards. Reality was they found a bacteria that is also found in poop. The best response was:

Yeah, when you're literally drowning in pussy, what do you expect with such close proximity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    So not sure what I couldve named the thread but it's mainly about beards so.

I was curious as to other men (or women) who have beards, when you didn't have 1 did you look younger than your actual age? I am 23 almost 24 and when I am clean shaven or even light stubble I look 18, but all the women in my family now that I have a well established beard (had it for about 9 months now but I trim it because I don't want it to be a long bikey beard) say I look great with a beard.

Last night I went on a date with a girl I met online and she said I look like a man not 23 because of my beard, like beards are amazing and weird how it can add age.

At what point did you realize that your beard has magical powers?
    I have had a beard since I graduated high school in 84. Never shaved it off. Trimmed it very close a few times though
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've always preferred men with well groomed and neatly trimmed beards over those that don't. There is such a thing as too long, though. It becomes less attractive the longer it is past a man's adam's apple, for me. Even so, a long beard is usually more attractive than no beard, in my personal opinion. However, a scruffy, scraggly, or dirty beard would be less attractive than being clean shaven.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoloboy View Post
    Haha good one. What do you call a man without a beard? Employed at a proper firm.
    Not in Canada. We don't discriminate like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Did you get to write the dictionary what a "real man" is and then sampled all their opinions?
    That was kind of the point of my comment. Context is hard, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Helpful tip; Trim the very sides shorter (sideburns area) than the rest and you will get rid of some of that look. I do this about once a month so that the beard "flows" downward instead of in a radial direction like an afro.

I basically use a hair trimmer with no guard and just very carefully cut it down shorter. I guess if you don't have steady hands I wouldn't recommend that and have someone else do it. Also don't be afraid to trim the outer radius of the beard even every few months. it doesn't take much, just like a quarter inch. It keeps it uniform instead of having beard hairs of varying lengths poking out everywhere. I know the pic is dark, but you should see my beard has a very 'round' bottom instead of being a rats nest.

case and point you look like a hobo on this picture /shrug unkept beard looks disgusting feel sorry for your woman taste -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Not in Canada. We don't discriminate like that.
    ofc you do - just like every other country - maybe if one day you will get a proper job youll learn that

7+ Year Old Account
    I shave every day since I was about 17. I hate hair on my face. Itches like a b*tch.

Lol, you win the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 5 1/2 years to get permission from my girlfriend (now wife) to grow my beard; and even then, I didn't have permission per se. My wife was in a different city for her uni degree for several months. So while she was gone, I figured there was no reason to shave, and just every week or so I sent her a photo update of the length/trimming/lines/etc. By the time she got back, she wanted me to keep the beard, and even liked it enough to want me to keep it for our wedding.

I have always maintained that having a beard detracts from my round, moon shaped head and makes me look less boyish. For some reason no one believed it until I grew the beard, and even now that I have it, I have to show people a photo of me without the beard to convince them that it needs to stay where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    case and point you look like a hobo on this picture /shrug unkept beard looks disgusting feel sorry for your woman taste -_-
    Feel free to post a picture of yourself, but I think we both know you won't.

Edit: Yea? No? lol? /shrug

*Snipped*

Infracted - Do not post personal pictures of other posters
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-29 at 07:40 PM.

Bearded men are out chopping wood, making nature their bitch and traveling 500 miles to give their women his seed. So there!
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Tried a beard, didn't work. Any tips?

How it turned out:

http://imgur.com/pFzFDcN

Not to mention one half of my beard goes in a horizontal direction...