Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would Necromancer & Witch Doctor classes be possible?

How would Necromancer and Witch Doctor classes work, in order to make Demon Hunters they had to butcher Demonology Warlocks, remove Metamorphosis and change the way they function completely, now for Necromancer and Witch Doctor they will have to do the same for Unholy Death Knights and Restoration Shamans - if you can find an alternate way you can say it.

For Necromancers - they have to remove death coil from unholy dks because its the main ability of necromancer (they can replace it with an unholy version of howling blast for dks) and they also have to remove the zombie minions apart from Val'Kyr and find an alternate way for how they will function (maybe Val'Kyr can be their main minion).

For Witch Doctors - they have to remove healing ward & chain heal from restoration shamans (i am not sure if shamans acctualy have the healing ward ability) because these 2 are the main spells of witch doctors, chain heal can just be replaced with a different name/visuals for shamans so it's ok, and they also have to remove the ''hex'' ability.

I personaly think that Witch Doctor class is possible because they don't have to change the entire way that restoration shamans work but only removing 2-3 abilities where the 1 can be replaced with a similar one anyway but for necromancers i think it will be harder to work through this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmonn View Post
    shit post.
    unnecessary shit comment
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    I don't see those classes happening in wow, they have too much overlap with warlocks/dk's and shamans respectively.

If they want to introduce a ranged class that has many "pets", i think they will do Illusionist/Coercer and not Necromancer.

witch doc = shaman
    Necro = warlock

Witch doctors and necromancers exist in the diablo universe only.
    Demon hunters in diablo and demon hunters in WoW are two completely separate things with different lore. The WoW DH even predates the D3 one by a lot of years.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Witch doctors and necromancers exist in the diablo universe only
    Trolls and Cult of the Damned say hi. Also, both classes were playable units in Warcraft 3.

The only reasons the classes wouldn't fit is exactly as OP mentioned: They'd have to strip core-functions/specs from existing classes.

Long and Short answer: No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

In Warcraft, Death Coil has been a Death Knight spell since the inception of Death Knights in WC2. No way you take it for a Necromancer.

IMO, if you can't make a new class without butchering an existing class, don't make.

Deleted
    kudos to you for actually talking about warcraft witch doctors, was totally expecting it to be about diablo necromancers/witch doctors.

unfortunately for you, witch doctors is basically a troll term for shaman, just like how sunwalker is a tauren term for paladin.

Necromancer could be a Death Knight ranged spellcasting spec, perhaps.
    Wouldn't make sense for a Warlock to have this spec or for it to be its own class.

Edit: I believe Necromancer was originally going to be a playable class but it later changed and was turned into DK - I'm 100% sure I've heard or read something about Blizz planning a undead spellcaster class for Wrath but was switched to melee.

Witch Doctor is basically a Shaman, which we already have.
    They have a few extra abilities, such as being able to shrink heads. But, still shamans.
    Last edited by Zakaryy; 2016-08-29 at 12:45 PM.

You can't take death coil away from DKs... since warcraft 2 they had death coil, it was a unique spell for them, it's like taking purge from shamans, or boodlust.

Demon hunters in diablo and demon hunters in WoW are two completely separate things with different lore. The WoW DH even predates the D3 one by a lot of years.
    And none of the classes existed in wow before blizzard created them. Thats the fancy thing about fantasy lore. You can add stuff to it.
    And now you go "but its never mentioned before in lore" Well. Not long ago Humans found a brand new race of natives in the jungle. No one had ever heard about them and they had not seen planes and the likes. If it can happen irl it can happen in a fantasy game aswell.

Sorry my friend, but you're very wrong.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer

Notable necromancer's in WoW Lore:
    *Kel'Thuzad
    *Heigan the Unclean
    *Ner'zhul (Listed as a necromancer in Warcraft: Ocrs and Humans)

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Witch_doctor

Notable Witchdoctors in Warcraft Lore:
    *Sen'jin
    *Vol'jin
    *Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbubbles17 View Post
    Sorry my friend, but you're very wrong.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer

Notable necromancer's in WoW Lore:
    *Kel'Thuzad
    *Heigan the Unclean
    *Ner'zhul (Listed as a necromancer in Warcraft: Ocrs and Humans)

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Witch_doctor

Notable Witchdoctors in Warcraft Lore:
    *Sen'jin
    *Vol'jin
    *Zul'jin
    Vol'jin is a Shadow Hunter but ok

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Correct. However on the WoW wiki page they have him listed under notable witch doctors if you scroll all the way down. I was questioning this myself considering the fact that he is a shadow hunter however - Witch doctor practices and shadow hunter practices are very closely associated.

Unfortunately, perhaps core mechanics and fantasy has been taken already.

Death Knight already have necromancy stuff covered in their Unholy spec.

One could argue DK being melee necromancy and necromancers being ranged casters that summon multiple undead to fight. Unfortunately, the new demonology warlock already has that mechanic covered.

Necromancer, yes.

Witchdoctor, technically yes.... but how would you justify non-Trolls having the class?

Both are fully capable of being unique classes with diverse specs, without treading too far on the toes of existing classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Shadow Hunter is basically an Enhancement Shaman subtype. Vol'jin still has ties to the spirits and is able to communicate with them, thus shaman/witch doctor background.

the problem with the Necromancer is how different he would feel in comparasion to the Dk.

Paladin is a Melee Priest yet they have completey different play style .
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4