Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I chewed an Advil once. Far as I know, that typically won't hurt you, but the non-chewable stuff will usually leave a bad taste in your mouth if you do it. The Advil was really bitter.

I can't remember why I did it. Seems like it was at the end of a long/shitty day, so I was pretty worn out. I think I got the idea in my head that it'd work faster if I chewed it.
    I mean theoretically it should work faster if you chew it right? It's already partially broken down

I'm renown for spilling water on myself.
    Probably do it at least once a week.

So whenever I go out and meet a client, it may look like I've pissed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Everyone in my office is sick and someone went out and bought a bunch of decongestants and gave 2 pills to each person.

I asked if they were chewables or if we swallow them, said to chew them jokingly. I didn't think he was joking.

My mouth now tastes awful and I want to throw up, and everyone in my office is laughing at me.

Have any of you ever done something stupid?
    Did it make you want to eat faces?

I'm going to suggest drinking beer with a lot of hops or Jägermeister, both kind of taste mediciny and should cover the taste of the decongestant. Dayquill is pretty good too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The decongestant taste is now gone, it has been replaced by the aftertaste of Monster which I am now washing down with tapwater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Bad taste: Listerine or other mouthwash

Something stupid I've done: Ummmm.... that would require a TL;DR if I typed everything, so I'll keep it short. Many of the stories do involve using everyday objects improperly, such as trying to use a screwdriver as a can opener and going to the ER for a leg wound as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

The bottle is tasty, actually.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The decongestant taste is now gone, it has been replaced by the aftertaste of Monster which I am now washing down with tapwater.
    Are you a smurf?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Are you a smurf?
    No, just a man trying to get rid of some congestion

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone asks "are you a (Smurf}, say ..."
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

No, just a man trying to get rid of some congestion
    Is that what you tell the cops when you buy 6 boxes of Sudafed™? I kid, I kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    If someone asks "are you a (Smurf}, say ..."
    Are you a cop?

I did something very stupid: I started using decongestant spray (Nasal spray?) during a bad cold. Ended up addicted (the nose stops handling decongestion on its own after a while) and went through several bottles of nasal spray each month for 7 years.

Not FUNNY, but stupid all the same. Been free from it for 4 years now and won't ever use those sprays ever again no matter how stuffy my nose gets during sickness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Your problem is you tried to chew Mucinex. If you want a chewable decongestant, you need some of this stuff:

You want to be careful with that kind of stuff. The rebound congestion it can give you if you overuse it is a bitch.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You want to be careful with that kind of stuff. The rebound congestion it can give you if you overuse it is a bitch.
    Only if you don't chew it well enough.

All in all I didn't really feel any better, the decongestant didn't work. I chewed it for no reason at all and ended up with a terrible taste in my mouth and have nothing to show for it.

Took shit once in the woods when I was camping and wiped my ass with Poison Ivy on accident, because I didn't know what it looked like at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    I was trying to make a ninja mask with a large black piece of cloth. When I attempted to cut the eyehole out, the knife slipped, went through the cloth, and directly into my pinky finger, slicing deep and severing a tendon or two.

I was 25.
    I bet you dont regret it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I did something very stupid: I started using decongestant spray (Nasal spray?) during a bad cold. Ended up addicted (the nose stops handling decongestion on its own after a while) and went through several bottles of nasal spray each month for 7 years.

Not FUNNY, but stupid all the same. Been free from it for 4 years now and won't ever use those sprays ever again no matter how stuffy my nose gets during sickness.
    Didnt know it was possible to get addicted to nasal spray. Seems like an accomplishment rather than something bad, aside from the fact it probably annoyed the fuck outta you for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt know it was possible to get addicted to nasal spray. Seems like an accomplishment rather than something bad, aside from the fact it probably annoyed the fuck outta you for a long time.
    http://www.healthcentral.com/allergy...-253494-5.html

...It's not an "accomplishment", it's a very real physical reaction and more people are addicted to nasal spray than the drug companies would like to admit. An old teacher of mine told me that her doctor first believed her to be a cocaine user when he saw the inside of her nose... she'd been using nasal sprays several times per day for 12 years.

"As TNDs are used beyond the recommended number of days (recommended to use for only three consecutive days) receptors (antenna-like sensors) on the arteries down regulate. This means they decrease in number. The duration of the decongestant effect of the nasal spray gets shorter as use continues (in other words, the spray doesn’t work for as long as it used to). The shorter duration of benefit (nose feeling open and clear) often leads to more frequent use. The rebound congestion that occurs as the benefit of the spray wears off is often intense. At this point the TND user often experiences total nasal blockage (no air is able to be breathed through either nostril). Stopping the TND is not an option because of rapid return of plugged nasal passages. Increased mouth-breathing overnight may cause the throat to become dry and irritated"

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    http://www.healthcentral.com/allergy...-253494-5.html

...It's not an "accomplishment", it's a very real physical reaction and more people are addicted to nasal spray than the drug companies would like to admit. An old teacher of mine told me that her doctor first believed her to be a cocaine user when he saw the inside of her nose... she'd been using nasal sprays several times per day for 12 years.

"As TNDs are used beyond the recommended number of days (recommended to use for only three consecutive days) receptors (antenna-like sensors) on the arteries down regulate. This means they decrease in number. The duration of the decongestant effect of the nasal spray gets shorter as use continues (in other words, the spray doesn’t work for as long as it used to). The shorter duration of benefit (nose feeling open and clear) often leads to more frequent use. The rebound congestion that occurs as the benefit of the spray wears off is often intense. At this point the TND user often experiences total nasal blockage (no air is able to be breathed through either nostril). Stopping the TND is not an option because of rapid return of plugged nasal passages. Increased mouth-breathing overnight may cause the throat to become dry and irritated"
    Wow shit thats pretty bad. Didnt expect it to be anything like that. I dont understand how people like using nasal spray, every time I try it I cough and it feels like it went down my throat.

Either way though, glad youre not addicted to it anymore. Sounds like hell tbh.