Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    This thread smells like race bait with a extra side of troll.

Lastly if you actually went into the inner city you'd realize that the people there do protest the violence. Just because you refuse to inform yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    The OPs point is that people in power, who claim to support the black community, won't highlight the problems of the inner city. The question is why don't people of prominence highlight how bad it's getting in the worst communities? Is it because they don't want to admit/highlight their policies are failing these people?

So stay in the blue zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    The OPs point is that people in power, who claim to support the black community, won't highlight the problems of the inner city. The question is why don't people of prominence highlight how bad it's getting in the worst communities? Is it because they don't want to admit/highlight their policies are failing these people?
    Because the current 1 year trend in some cities isn't indicative of whether or not their policies are failing.

Crime in all major cities has plummeted since the 90's. Does that mean their policies worked?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Because the current 1 year trend in some cities isn't indicative of whether or not their policies are failing.

Crime in all major cities has plummeted since the 90's. Does that mean their policies worked?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us...ities-fbi.html

Homicide Rates Jump in Many Major U.S. Cities, New Data Shows

WASHINGTON — Experts cannot agree on what to call a recent rise in homicides, much less its cause, but new data on Friday that showed a sharp spike in homicide rates in more than 20 cities rekindled debate over whether it was time for alarm.

The data showed particularly significant increases in homicides in six cities in the first three months of the year compared with the same period last year — Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, Fla., Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Memphis. But almost as many cities reported a notable decline in recent months.

New York saw a 25 percent drop, while Las Vegas’s homicide total nearly doubled

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us...ities-fbi.html

Homicide Rates Jump in Many Major U.S. Cities, New Data Shows

WASHINGTON — Experts cannot agree on what to call a recent rise in homicides, much less its cause, but new data on Friday that showed a sharp spike in homicide rates in more than 20 cities rekindled debate over whether it was time for alarm.

The data showed particularly significant increases in homicides in six cities in the first three months of the year compared with the same period last year — Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, Fla., Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Memphis. But almost as many cities reported a notable decline in recent months.

New York saw a 25 percent drop, while Las Vegas’s homicide total nearly doubled
    Why did you link this article? Just curious.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    This thread smells like race bait with a extra side of troll.

Lastly if you actually went into the inner city you'd realize that the people there do protest the violence. Just because you refuse to inform yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    Welcome to the usual suspects party with Zombergy, Supertony51, and the rest of the conservative braintrust of MMOC-OT, you would think Islam is taking over the US with the assistance of the homosexual and feminazi agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    What policies? The only policies that exist in the inner cities are the ones that created the existence of said inner-cities, white racists and segregationists that is perpetuated to this day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Obviously not going to reply to the OP. But yeah Google "anti violence Chicago" and I get:

http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9009544/
    http://getinchicago.org/
    http://cureviolence.org/partners/illinois-partners/

Just first 3 on Google page and I could go on. Plus one article about organizing protests/anit-violence: "Anti-violence event hopes to draw 4,000 to pray on 79th Street. From Chicago Sun Times.

I watches something on ESPN that took place in Chicago. But yeah, It is hard to look.

The violence and stats are sad, but people are not wallowing in the violence and saying "Who cares".
    And once the incessant blabbering of the fake outragers like Zombergy etc. start reading the historical context of inner cities they will understand how to alleviate the destructive forces that incubate in those areas.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So, just curious, but why don't these areas of Chicago have martial law going on yet...?

10+ Year Old Account
    78 homicides in one month? In one city? Holy shitballs. That is insane. I know it's probably 99% gang related, but still.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Obviously not going to reply to the OP. But yeah Google "anti violence Chicago" and I get:

http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9009544/
    http://getinchicago.org/
    http://cureviolence.org/partners/illinois-partners/

Just first 3 on Google page and I could go on. Plus one article about organizing protests/anit-violence: "Anti-violence event hopes to draw 4,000 to pray on 79th Street. From Chicago Sun Times.

I watches something on ESPN that took place in Chicago. But yeah, It is hard to look.

The violence and stats are sad, but people are not wallowing in the violence and saying "Who cares".
    Too bad praying won't do jack shit about the violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun control laws on the books.
    Had. McDonald v. Chicago happened.

But I'm sure the policy of "hand out MOAR guns!" has nothing to do with increased shootings.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

But I'm sure the policy of "hand out MOAR guns!" has nothing to do with increased shootings.
    Or the great head-scratcher, "THE US IS DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER INDUSTRIALIZED NATION BECAUSE WORDS".

Can the violence be linked to racism, police or anti-gun control sentiments? If not, this is a nonstory. No one likes a dressing violence they can't blame on racism, cops or guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

What policies? The only policies that exist in the inner cities are the ones that created the existence of said inner-cities, white racists and segregationists that is perpetuated to this day.
    It's the white mans fault? LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the white mans fault? LOL
    What, you think generations of AA's wanted to live in impoverished hell holes where drug use, depression, joblessness, and criminal activity thrive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Can the violence be linked to racism, police or anti-gun control sentiments? If not, this is a nonstory. No one likes a dressing violence they can't blame on racism, cops or guns.
    People seriously need to read up on basic US history.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    No protests, no speeches from the President, no comments from the candidates, no attention from national media, no flurry of social media outrage.
    What? There have been protests in August in Chicago. The violence has been all over the mainstream news. Both candidates have talked about the violence this month. Partisan sites have been talking about it as well.

I'm not wasting time giving you links. You should know how to google by now.

Dang. Good thing I gotta out of there. I remember when a southside neighborhood was officially deemed a warzone a few years back. Probably still is..

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    What? There have been protests in August in Chicago. The violence has been all over the mainstream news. Both candidates have talked about the violence this month. Partisan sites have been talking about it as well.

I'm not wasting time giving you links. You should know how to google by now.
    The person means black community leaders.

There are some in Chicago that are speaking up but not nearly enough.

The black community will never come together if they don't start loving each other. Period. Asking other races to address internal racial strife will only cause bitterness and increased friction. This is a problem the black community must circle the wagons to solve.

Love, respect, community building, education, food, shelter, etc. The children growing up in that environment are trapped in this cycle if nothing changes. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    What, you think generations of AA's wanted to live in impoverished hell holes where drug use, depression, joblessness, and criminal activity thrive?

- - - Updated - - -

People seriously need to read up on basic US history.
    If you are living on government assistance and have housing, food, and all the basic necessities in life, why commit crimes? Shouldn't you be using all available resources to improve your situation? And if you do commit crimes and get money is that money used to get out of that life style?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You can't do that. That's racial profiling and that is wrong. You have to fix the problem without doing anything other than saying you don't like the problem.
    How is the national guard patrolling the streets racial profiling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Maybe if there was a serious crackdown on illegal handgun possession. And some check points for weapons in cars without permits. I would be game with national guard deployment to back up the Chicago PD. Also, there is something deeply wrong with the Chicago PD. Whatever they are doing, they are doing it wrong.
    How does someone stop people from having illegal anything? How many check points would there need to be? How many people would it take to run the check points?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't knwo where you get no protests from... they happen pretty frequently, at least 3-4 times a year. Plus all the groups that exist for instance "moms against senseless killing" in chicago. There are tons of groups dedicated to black on black crime and there are marches and protest; however, they never get publiziced by the media. People like you don't even bother to look them up you just puppet shit you see with no actually research done on your side. *snore*.
    The OPs point was that it doesn't get national attention, no 24hour news coverage. But if a white cops shoots a black person the coverage is never ending, marching in the streets, protests, riots. Black person shoots anyone *crickets* no media circus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

There is no such policy and blaming guns is like blaming the color of the clothing people wear while committing crimes.

Seems like these lives didn't matter, as a white cop didn't take them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!