Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    On a serious note, science is working towards that.
    Science is working towards better smartphone batteries too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's already possible to fertilize an egg with the chromosomes of another egg. Men, we are now obsolete!
    Man lift heavy thing! Man open tight jar! Man no obsolete!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    ...That is eh.. nice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Science is working towards better baby makers? Women will be out of jobs.

i am sure they have anime's with this plot, where one teenage male becomes the object the rest of the females want while they kill aliens with mechs

This is the most ridiculous thread. If two guys could make a baby... would women be extinct? No, obviously not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it this way. If technology takes over the physical need to reproduce, then evolution will do it's thing in the very distant future. If people don't need to reproduce, then evolution should reconfigure us to not need reproductive organs. Which basically just means, worry free sex for everyone!!! Sex would specifically be about pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, there are certain people in the world who follow certain beliefs who would fight tooth and nail to stop artificial births. It would be 'unnatural' in their eyes. So I don't have my hopes up.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    men would extint. Thoughts?
    I think you need to learn some english.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Don't be douchey.
    You mean douchy?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but women have always been able to make babies and besides feminists, nobody actually thinks it's a bad idea.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Yeah but women have always been able to make babies and besides feminists, nobody actually thinks it's a bad idea.
    Even feminists are fine with women having children as long as it is their choice. I don't see what's so controversial about that unless you're into women being treated like chattel.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    That's about as silly as stating that if men could get pregnant, women would go extinct. As a girl, I can safely say that most of us prefer men for other reasons than babies so no, men would absolutely not go extinct. I doubt anything would change actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I see it this way. If technology takes over the physical need to reproduce, then evolution will do it's thing in the very distant future. If people don't need to reproduce, then evolution should reconfigure us to not need reproductive organs. Which basically just means, worry free sex for everyone!!! Sex would specifically be about pleasure.
    More likely, we won't be able to have sex then. I'm such a downer, I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sex does wayyy more for us than just procreation. I don't think having robots carry our babies to term would change any of that now, perhaps at some much earlier point in our evolution it could have but now it seems to be an intrinsic part of our species.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Sex does wayyy more for us than just procreation. I don't think having robots carry our babies to term would change any of that now, perhaps at some much earlier point in our evolution it could have but now it seems to be an intrinsic part of our species.
    Yes, but we are talking about long term consequences of evolution. If we no longer need sex, then, chances are, we will gradually lose the ability to have sex, as something that is useless in natural selection. Who knows though... Probably genetic engineering will change us significantly looooong before it can get to that!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but we are talking about long term consequences of evolution. If we no longer need sex, then, chances are, we will gradually lose the ability to have sex, as something that is useless in natural selection. Who knows though... Probably genetic engineering will change us significantly looooong before it can get to that!
    I see what you're saying and I especially agree with your final statement there but I just think that now it's about more than just procreation, that people would continue to have sex for the pleasure and health benefits. I could very well be wrong though.

Its called mankind for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I see what you're saying and I especially agree with your final statement there but I just think that now it's about more than just procreation, that people would continue to have sex for the pleasure and health benefits. I could very well be wrong though.
    ah but with if those other health benefits came around BECAUSE we were procreating, to begin with? in reality all the extra goodies that come with sex likely came well after the process of mating. There is a relatively good chance that if we did not NEED to reproduce we would, in fact, lose the ability to have sex altogether over time since maintaining sexual organs and drives requires a significant commitment of resources within your body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shush you! Stop trying to ruin everyone's fun!

>
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Futanari are coming!