Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Helya is actually the Good one Odyn is the evil one. He betrayed the Titan Watchers and imprisoned Helya in order to create the Valkyr so he create his private army.

If Sylvanas had gotten her immortality she would probably be nicer to be around. Its her fear of death that makes her do what she does.
    "Fear of death" is such a bad reason to enslave others. Sylvanas is pretty selfish and has traits commonly associated with a villain. I don't think shes evil but she is the faction leader farthest from "good."
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Stormheim has taught me one thing.

Sylvanas will do whatever it takes to beat the Legion.

Genn Greymane will risk the entire fate of the world to get revenge for something Sylvanas didn't do.
    Eh? I got the opposite impression. Sylvanas buggered off to do her own thing, and actually risked the efforts against the Legion to do it. Eyir is an enemy of the Legion already. What Sylvanas was doing was just more stuff in her mission to become immortal, and making sure that the Forsaken don't die out (which is arguably only a goal in the service of the former one).

Sure, Genn also decided to prioritise going after Sylvanas instead of the Legion, but he's totally convinced that the Horde is a dangerous enemy (and he could very well be right, given Sylvanas' dealings with Heyla). He's vengeful and possibly misguided, but I wouldn't put him on Sylvanas' level in this case.

Deleted

Genn Greymane will risk the entire fate of the world to get revenge for something Sylvanas didn't do.
    Yup pretty much sums it up dog-man is only in on this war for his own crusades sake.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you didnt read edge of night nor did you ever lvl through silverpine did you?

- - - Updated - - -

you do understand that she gives each risen undead a choice right?
    its either join them, back to the grave, or just go and wander around the world and live as undead.
    this is the biggest joke she doesn't give them the choice no way people she had just murdered would get up as zombies and join the forsaken look at silverpine you kill people raise them on the spot and there all for the banshee queen that's bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

genn's revenge was for sylvanas killing his son he even says you took away his future now I've taken yours he doesn't care about the alliance or azoroth he anted revenge for his son and nothing else.

People needs to stop calling the characters good or evil. That is soo relative, they can't even think about the motivations or points of view. Not even a single person in the world can be good or evil, it's our nature.

So, why do you guys want good or evil characters? That is soo boring, that type of characters don't even have personality (see Thrall post Cata).

And to OP: No, she's not evil, she's making choices for her, for her people and for the war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    And to OP: NoYes, she's not evil, she's making choices for her, for her peopleBULWARK and for the warHER IMMORTALITY.
    Don't worry fixed it!

Oh and how exactly isn't it MINDCONTROL that Sylvanas uses on newly risen Forsaken or Forsaken in general?
    Related Quest is Rise, Forsaken - and there the yells of the newly risen Forsaken, which are from Human War-Refugees so the kind of people that really really REALLY don't like rotting stuff , Undead or Sylvanas.

Can someone explain?

As I can recall Arthas was Alliance and did far worse things, she is looking out for her people.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh and how exactly isn't it MINDCONTROL that Sylvanas uses on newly risen Forsaken or Forsaken in general?
    This has been explained time and time again, people who are raised in the midst of battle are practically battle drunk, and are gun ho for the people who raised them, they get off the high later.

Can someone explain?
    Lets see if it sticks this time, or the inevitable "BUT MIND CONTROL" will pop up again seemingly forgetting blizzard said there is no mind control.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Okay but ruining her plans totally screws over the Forsaken, so to the Forsaken Genn is pretty evil. In fact, I could turn this whole thing around and say "How can people say now that Genn isn't evil?" and the answer is the same, it's subjective. Only no one argues that Genn is evil, or at least haven't in the past. But people have always argued that Sylvanas is evil so really it seems you are just upset that Genn is subjectively a pretty bad dude now.
    I have. Genn built a huge wall and allowed people to die just across from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    As I can recall Arthas was Alliance and did far worse things, she is looking out for her people.
    You're confusing the Alliance of the Second War with the Alliance of World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You're confusing the Alliance of the Second War with the Alliance of World of Warcraft.
    According to metzen.
    Its same alliance just with different members
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sylvanas has been doing questionable shit like making pacts with dreadlords since Warcraft III. Nothing new with that. Enslaving valkyr is a dick move.
    But, let's look at some facts. As in real facts that aren't subjective and are true regardless of ones oppinion of Syvalanas or Genn.

- She really needs valkyr if her people are to survive.
    - The forsaken can't have sex ever. Or Children.
    - Neither can she.
    - This is a problem none of the other races share.
    - Her only way to defeat an enemy army without a massive casualty to her own is the plague.
    - The plague is officially banned. She still uses it/ a variant of it, but can't use it all the time.
    - She didn't particularly want to attack Gilneas. It was an order from Garrosh.
    - She lost face because of the Wrathgate incident and Garrosh had orc guards in the Undercity, so she was in no position to refuse.
    - She didn't target Genn's son. She targeted Genn himself, to end the fighting by killing the enemy commander.
    - Considering Vol'Jin was mortally wounded and told her to save the Horde, she did the right thing by withdrawing from the Broken Shore.
    - Since the Horde is still fighting against a literal legion of demons, depriving the Warchief of an immortal army is a pretty stupid move, even if you really hate her.
    - Then again Genn really likes making rash decisions without looking at the consequences.
    And don't forget, she is the champion of free will

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    This has been explained time and time again, people who are raised in the midst of battle are practically battle drunk, and are gun ho for the people who raised them, they get off the high later.
    Oh and why do some say "What have you done to me!" ? Are those the chosen ones and if so, why do they still join Sylvanas's ranks even though they obviously don't like being Undead?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Lets see if it sticks this time, or the inevitable "BUT MIND CONTROL" will pop up again seemingly forgetting blizzard said there is no mind control.
    The Blue post doesn't mean more than 2 quests implying mind control is involved, since both can be changed with one word: retcon.

i'am on the horde side of the arguement but man Forsaken dudes...its hard to get people to focus on the legion when you go around eating the bodies of alliance soldiers after an air ship crash...

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Eh? I got the opposite impression. Sylvanas buggered off to do her own thing, and actually risked the efforts against the Legion to do it. Eyir is an enemy of the Legion already. What Sylvanas was doing was just more stuff in her mission to become immortal, and making sure that the Forsaken don't die out (which is arguably only a goal in the service of the former one).

Sure, Genn also decided to prioritise going after Sylvanas instead of the Legion, but he's totally convinced that the Horde is a dangerous enemy (and he could very well be right, given Sylvanas' dealings with Heyla). He's vengeful and possibly misguided, but I wouldn't put him on Sylvanas' level in this case.
    I think it's good that you got opposite impresions. It means that the story have moral ambiguity.

It's just that some alliance fans want to see everything in white and black

Nice try OP, but Helya isnt "evil"

Ask Odyn

I did enjoy seeing that arrow stick out of Graymane though

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh and why do some say "What have you done to me!" ? Are those the chosen ones and if so, why do they still join Sylvanas's ranks even though they obviously don't like being Undead?
    /shrug Because they have moments of lucidity? or were not raised in the middle of battle?

The Blue post doesn't mean more than 2 quests implying mind control is involved, since both can be changed with one word: retcon.
    We've reached the special flower of arguments "Blizzard could change it so it would fit my argument" bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Ironically, Greymane might have saved her from developing into a villain. Imagine someone jumping in and killing Mal'ganis in Stratholme in front of Arthas. No reason to venture into Northrend for the young prince.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2016-08-31 at 06:45 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

also, Eyir might be good, but she is serving Odyn, who is anything but

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you didnt read edge of night nor did you ever lvl through silverpine did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    No
    so why are you wasting everyones time again ?

Fear of death is such a stupid and selfish excuse to bring suffering upon others.