Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

To all the DDOSers trying to disrupt Legion

This game is amazing. The servers do not actually lag and I am having a lot of fun.

So, with the most sincerity that I can muster in my heart. I ask this here and now of you:

"Please stop DDOSing the servers just because you are salty about being banned from Overwatch or for botting in WoW - or perhaps worse."

You are not ruining the fun for anyone. Blizzard is doing an amazing job. It took them 30 seconds just now to fix the recent DDOS.

Ultimately, you are just wasting your time.

Sincerely yours and ready to bitchslap you,

Lillyth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone be salty about being banned from an awful game like Overwatch?

That said, even if they disrupt you for a minute, just one minute, they're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Why would anyone be salty about being banned from an awful game like Overwatch?

That said, even if they disrupt you for a minute, just one minute, they're happy.
    They havent disrupted it for a minute though, thats the lovely part.

Sİlvermoon-EU is in a complete shitshow for 2 days now. Unpayable during prime-prime till midnight. So check with others before spewing anything

They are same as gankers how hunt low level players but lose miserably against people of same level.

They tried to attack pokemon go but they loses miserably. SOo they that attack WoW (a lot easier to attack).

Real hackers/pvpers don't waste their time with that sh*t..

I got DC'd for a good 15 minutes during the DDoS last night and said eff it and went to bed.

Everything has been stellar otherwise.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Sİlvermoon-EU is in a complete shitshow for 2 days now. Unpayable during prime-prime till midnight. So check with others before spewing anything
    seconded, keep having insane lag spikes and disconnecting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    seconded, keep having insane lag spikes and disconnecting
    Only good playtime on Silvermoon right now is 9am-4pm
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    what's DDOS?

How do we know that is the reason why they are doing it? Don't they usually just do stuff like this for bragging rights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Ultimately, you are just wasting your time.
    As long as threads like this are posted and we give them attention, they win. Tears in gaming forums is exactly what they're after. It's done for the lulz.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're trying so hard to disrupt the servers but I lagged for maybe 3 seconds last night, which 99% of players probably just dismiss as a lag spike with no direct cause.

Neckbeard perpetual virgins will be neckbeard perpetual virgins. I just wish somebody would prosecute these losers, if even ONE person was sent to prison for DDOS Blizzard then it would deter anybody else from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    They're trying so hard to disrupt the servers but I lagged for maybe 3 seconds last night, which 99% of players probably just dismiss as a lag spike with no direct cause.

Neckbeard perpetual virgins will be neckbeard perpetual virgins. I just wish somebody would prosecute these losers, if even ONE person was sent to prison for DDOS Blizzard then it would deter anybody else from doing it.
    I guess they tried way harder this night, because the world server was constantly down (Bloodhoof-EU).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazso View Post
    I guess they tried way harder this night, because the world server was constantly down (Bloodhoof-EU).
    I haven't played yet today but when I was on last night on Darkspear, I only noticed lag once. All my abilities hung up for a few moments, then I went right back to questing.

It must be all those salty Nostalrius campers trying to get attention again. I really don't know why they hate retail so much considering that Legion is practically just as grindy as Vanilla.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would literally murder the DDOSers, in real life, if I had any way of finding them.

Unfortunately they're probably in some far off land like Estonia or South Korea.

Stop hitting. Its already dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    what's DDOS?
    Distributed Denial of Service attack. Kids write a script that causes multiple systems to make requests of a server millions of times a second with hopes that the host server will crash making it inaccessible to others. Pretty much it's entry level hacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    what's DDOS?
    Distributed Denial of Service. They take tons of computers, some controlled maliciously, to send packet requests to a system over and over eventually overloading the system to the point it either cannot respond or has an increase in response time. What these assclowns are doing is instead of targeting Blizzard directly, to which there are safeguards put up and Blizzard can easily rectify if that were the case, they are targeting the routers of network providers pushing millions of requests a minute towards Blizzard services ultimately slowing down the pipeline to get to Blizzard.

So depending on who your ISP is, how they are routing traffic, it will determine if you are affected. In most cases they are targeting the routers of the upstream providers routing directly to Blizzard. Some lucky few are part of networks that take alternative routes and thus are not affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Distributed Denial of Service attack. Kids write a script that causes multiple systems to make requests of a server millions of times a second with hopes that the host server will crash making it inaccessible to others. Pretty much it's entry level hacking.
    Its not hacking at all. Its exploiting the TCP protocol. Hacking would imply that they are banging away at a target to gain access.

Its strange you silvermooners got trouble Draenor is just as big but we got no lag at all, must be that Genn greymane fucking you over again. The wolf not the mmo champion poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.