Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well tbh fam, the alliance did provoke the fight in stormheim for once. It's even clearer when you play alliance. It's admiral Rogers going ham on the horde. It's made explicitly clear.

Genn says that she's free to take them out if they threaten the mission to find the pillar, and she just says that right, they WILL be found a threat, no matter what. Next second the intro plays with the skybreaker bombing the forsaken ships.

Not saying they don't quite deserve it for what slyvi is up to, but there was no way to know that at this point. So yeah, unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    It was entirely started by Genn. It's not really debatable. Both sides have their main objective(the Aegis) and their secondary objective. Genn was out for revenge for what he saw as a betrayal at the Tomb of Sargeras and Sylvanas was out to woo the Val'kyr. The Alliance cinematic is literally just the Alliance gunship pulling up over the Forsaken fleet and opening fire. There was no provocation.
    Not just that, he wasn't even cleared to do that. He acted against Anduin's orders.

Deleted
    Because you are alliance/horde champion aswell and you don't abandon your own. You don't fight your fellow Paladins, but the rest is fair game, apparantly.

I really think Sylvanas is a danger to Azeroth and Genn made everyone a favor though. If she had gotten those Val'kyrs we would be having Wrath of the lich queen next expac. Heck, who knows what will happen in 7.1... this isn't over yet.

And as far as "unprovoked" goes. The attack on Gilneas was "unprovoked" aswell. Don't try to paint Sylvanas innocent or that Genn has no reason to attack them with his troops. She's not.
    Also "woo" the val'kyrs... big lol. If wooing is slavery, i'm guess everyone enslaved in history was very flattered. /rolleyes Some people here really need to think before they post.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-09-01 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    Well tbh fam, the alliance did provoke the fight in stormheim for once. It's even clearer when you play alliance. It's admiral Rogers going ham on the horde. It's made explicitly clear.

Genn says that she's free to take them out if they threaten the mission to find the pillar, and she just says that right, they WILL be found a threat, no matter what. Next second the intro plays with the skybreaker bombing the forsaken ships.
    Seems like it's hard for people serving under Genn to take him seriously or obey his commands, probably because he let the leader of the Alliance and the King of Stormwind die without a second thought. I'd imagine it would be hard to take an incompetent coward like that seriously.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of those situations where the PC itself is the problem. All of the lore characters who take part in the order halls are acting quasi-neutral and don't get involved in this new faction war, yet your PC is forced to do both. This also creates funny scenarios with the bodyguard system, like Alliance-tagged Liadrin trampling Horde players down and Horde-tagged Thassarian murdering Alliance ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The lantern is a gift from Helya, the Val'kyr goddess of the Vrykul underworld, and the silvery golden Val'kyr Sylvanas is trying to imprison is Eyir, the queen of Odyn's good-aligned Val'kyr.
    Yeah, isn't that exactly what I said? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Because you are not the president of azeroth, you are still part of the faction you chose hence you must obey the leaders of your faction.
    When did I choose a faction exactly? Why should my draenei help the humans fight the Horde when they didn't help the draenei when the Legion invaded the Exodar? Why is Genn my leader? I didn't vote for him.

I was thinking the same thing last night:

Order Hall unity vs. Factional in-fighting

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's one of those situations where the PC itself is the problem. All of the lore characters who take part in the order halls are acting quasi-neutral and don't get involved in this new faction war, yet your PC is forced to do both. This also creates funny scenarios with the bodyguard system, like Alliance-tagged Liadrin trampling Horde players down and Horde-tagged Thassarian murdering Alliance ones.
    yea blizzard took the garrison concept of "commander" and kick it up a notch promoting the player as neutral faction leader, this is the problem especially for class who had a well definite background; in the case of hunter were the class hall it's not that bad but for paladins that don't make any sense at all, you are the successor of tirion and that blown everything out the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I wish Admiral Rodgers had some different lines about killing undead scum when you play as Alliance DK.
    I was like "I beg you pardon?!".

It's the reason why I've been saying for some time now that come next expansion your PC should just go free agent.
    By all means keep the Alliance vs Horde dynamic but have it so your character who has just fought off the Legion alongside all races regardless of faction, getting fed up of the faction warfare whilst there was a demonic invasion going on that the PC just decides "screw this, I'm out" and you sell yourself as someone who will help anyone from then on and the Alliance and Horde would be at that point too battered to refuse help from anyone.
    This would effectively solve the issue of making your PC too important, it essentially makes him/her an "adventurer" again, it brings back some semblance of 'role-playing' rather than having your PC be a 'Yes-man' to everyone and it will unlock the whole game for everyone not just one half depending on faction choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    When did I choose a faction exactly? Why should my draenei help the humans fight the Horde when they didn't help the draenei when the Legion invaded the Exodar? Why is Genn my leader? I didn't vote for him.
    Was thinking much the same thing while playing my Horde Pandaren hunter yesterday afternoon. While I generally like Sylvanas' character and sympathize with the plight of the Forsaken, as I was doing those quests I really wanted to grab her and shake her and yell, "whoa whoa WHOA". Then as I watched the cinematic play out I was thinking how those two -- her and Genn -- really deserve each other.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't quite recall "attacking the Horde" in Stormheim, by the time you get there, the Forsaken have blight bombs all around the camp, after they blew you from the sky already. A bit of a difference I would think than just charge out and starting things with them.
    The alliance literally goes and dive bombs their fleet then they get their asses handed to them.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    The alliance literally goes and dive bombs their fleet then they get their asses handed to them.
    There really wasn't a "winner" in that conflict. Yes, the ship was blown up, but it's not as if the Forsaken fleet escaped completely unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    If i rmemeber correctly, the whole lore for class halls is for all warriors of a specific class to unite, join forces, and fight the legion. As a paladin, and the new Highlord of the Silver Hand, called for all the paladins to join. So i have the Blood Knights, Sunwalkers [ horde ], the triunvirate of the hand [ alliance ] and others. We are supposed to forget factions to fight as one. I am totally ok by that. So why i still take orders from the leaders of the Alliance and attack the Horde in Stormheim? Dontu guys think that Liandrin would be a lil pissed to know that i am still taking part in the Alliance - Horde war?
    You follow his orders because he is leading the mission in Stormheim, not you. You were summoned to fight under him, so that's what you do.
    If you refuse, they've got 11 other people to choose from. Or 35 if you assume there's only one person getting each weapon, which is what makes the most sense.

"Alright, the Ashbringer refused the call. Guess we'll have to invite that weird guy with the demon skull."

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Because you are alliance/horde champion aswell and you don't abandon your own. You don't fight your fellow Paladins, but the rest is fair game, apparantly.

I really think Sylvanas is a danger to Azeroth and Genn made everyone a favor though. If she had gotten those Val'kyrs we would be having Wrath of the lich queen next expac. Heck, who knows what will happen in 7.1... this isn't over yet.

And as far as "unprovoked" goes. The attack on Gilneas was "unprovoked" aswell. Don't try to paint Sylvanas innocent or that Genn has no reason to attack them with his troops. She's not.
    Also "woo" the val'kyrs... big lol. If wooing is slavery, i'm guess everyone enslaved in history was very flattered. /rolleyes Some people here really need to think before they post.
    This is barely readable and you're telling people to think before they post.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Genn is the problem ...
    The bad story writting to keep the war in warcraft really busts up the story. Some of it is also a side effect of letting people float from zone to limiting what they can do. It also opens the door for some story lines that just don't flow at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I played the zone as if my character was making a decision to follow Genn. At no time did I mention the Earthen Ring being behind the alliance. I was just always "hero" or "shaman" when addressed by NPCs. Never Farseer.

Blizzard has to stop making us the leaders. There's no story to tell with us as the leaders of shit. I just want to be an adventurer/normal hero

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Sylvanas was still in Northrend when Garrosh ordered the Forsaken in a "Go die in the meat grinder you undead pieces of shit" mode when he not Sylvanas (Who was still in Northrend) ordered the attack on Gilneas. Also that war is over, treaties were signed. Once a treaty is signed you move on from the war no matter what, you don't reignite it during a time when there is an end of the world invasion going on.

During this entire time I wanted my mage to Open up a portal straight to Stormwind Throne room and have her yell at Anduin going "These idiots you sent to Stormheim have launched and unprovoked attack on the horde and because of their petty egos and emotions are getting us all killed."