Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    if you are only doing normal-heroic dungeons, you are doing something wrong.
    All of your posts are incredibly condescending, and no you're not doing something wrong if you're not doing Mythic dungeons. Likely due to being forced to form groups the archaic way (There is a reason that MMOs in general moved toward automated group finders.) very few people, comparatively, will run Mythic dungeons.

In fact one of my only worries about this expansion thus far is that focusing so much effort on Mythic dungeons will bite Blizzard in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    I like Legion. Well, community - you have a guild. Server community is dead since 3.3.

Also, I have one big thing that i hate about Legion - I am 107 and all armor has the same model... every shoulder piece looks the same. It's funny when I quest and change one helm for another. They both look completely the same.
    Well, we can't have everything, can we?
    Making unique models for leveling gear is a waste of time and resources, who cares if a 104 green plate shoulder looks the same as a 107 green plate shoulder which you both got from a quest giver, they will be gone in a few levels when you hit max level.
    The look of leveling gear has been uniform since like Wrath, a generic plate set, a generic leather set and so on for every armor type.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    I hate CRZs. In older content it's fine, but there are places in Legion where I'm seeing people from at least 4 other servers. And I know a couple of those servers have a high population, so I don't know why they are being included. It's making things not just crowded like it was before CRZs, to over crowded. Especially the sewers in Dalaran.
    CRZ is a bloody cancer that needs to die in the fires of hell. How are you suppose to build a server community when all you see in Stormwind, questing areas, General chat, etc Are those from other servers?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's still the honeymoon period and remember that most of us are coming off a (too) long drought at the end of Warlords. Safe to take all opinions about Legion with a healthy dose of skepticism for at least the first month, if not longer. The Sept 20 patch should give us a much better idea how the rest of the expansion will play out.

Edit: In fairness, it was a very good launch. Maybe the best yet. So... points for that.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2016-09-01 at 04:42 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    All of your posts are incredibly condescending, and no you're not doing something wrong if you're not doing Mythic dungeons. Likely due to being forced to form groups the archaic way (There is a reason that MMOs in general moved toward automated group finders.) very few people, comparatively, will run Mythic dungeons.

In fact one of my only worries about this expansion thus far is that focusing so much effort on Mythic dungeons will bite Blizzard in the ass.
    tools are always an option. dont having them means no option.
    Forcing a playerbase to talk with everybody when they dont want, isnt good. if u dont want to use lfg and be teleported, find a group that meet your needs, but of course, you wont find it, you know why? EVERYBODY WANNA SAVE HIS TIME.

OP is entitled to his opinion, and I applaud his attempt to stay somewhat even-handed.. That said, if you are holding back optimism or otherwise disappointed because of the issues you noted, you may as well stop now. Hard to argue that Legion hasn't been what appears to be a good step towards the right direction.

Flying is disabled for the first while - enjoy it. Flying is not going to be permanently removed from the game. CRZ is not going to be removed. Dungeon queuing and teleporting is not going to be removed. Dungeons are not going to become BRD-level long again. Times have, fortunately or unfortunately, changed.

You're not wrong to argue those who applaud Legion for returning to the game's roots, as it hasn't in many ways. But it also has in others, and that's not something we should complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I hate most is people complaining about how happy people are with the game and how much fun they're having and then saying "well it may be fun for them but it's not fun for me". So it's like they're saying that none of that matters because THEY don't find the game fun so therefore Blizzard should cater to THEM because they're more important. What's worse is that they act like the Dr. Phil of WoW and say how this and that isn't good for the game because reasons. So we should trust Dr. Phil here and take away the fun from all the people in Group A and give it all to the people in Group B because they seem to know the ins and outs of WoW.

Bottom line is if you can't accept the way WoW is today then it's time for you to move on to something else. If the game is that bad that you have to come on here and make a report saying how upset you are with it then it means the game just isn't for you anymore. I'm not saying that you can't leave constructive feedback or anything but going on like this, acting like you know everything and what is good/bad for WoW based on just your opinions isn't going to get you anywhere. People have to accept the fact that this is Blizzard's game and they have a certain way they want this game to be. If you can't adapt to the changes then like I said, time to move on.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-01 at 09:46 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna make another thread about flying, but I have to make it look like it's not about flying so it doesn't get locked, perfect! No one will know!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Not everyone is like you or should be like you.
    Take your own advice
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    4. Imagine if there was this thing called Mythic dungeons... A little tribute to the "old" ways of getting a group together to beat hard content that's not raid. Now get your head out of your ass and realise that this exists in the game and is heavily encouraged to be done by casuals.

5. That's funny... I took note during Halls of Valor Normal today... It took 10 minutes to clear trash (with no wipes btw and no problems whatsoever) from Hymdall to Hyrja. 10 minutes to clear trash in between two bosses. If that's not a decently long dungeon then i don't know what is... Not to mention that in 7.1, you know the patch that was announced already before the expansion launched, there's a "mega" 9 boss mini raid located in Karazhan. And guess what, it's Mythic only. So twats like you have no excuse to say "Ermagerd you're ruining my gameplay by not forcing players to play with me"

Deleted
    Yea, legion is just wod part 2. I've pretty much done everything and I can say that:
    - world quests are a joke, it's going to become repetitive in a really short time
    - suramar is the generic level cap zone, it's ok I guess since atleast it didn't come after one year
    - the artifact grinding is going to become annoying and then pointless very fast

It seems good because it's new but it's just like wod. The phasing is just terrible, way too much phasing involved, I'm on a full server and I don't meet many people at all.

I think this is going the wod route honestly, unless they keep pushing out content (and world content), something I don't think they will be capable of doing.

Yes we're serious, I've been there for almost every Blizzard launch, this is their best launch ever in terms of the amount of content and the quality for Wow, game is super polished and there's already so much to do.

Still it ain't perfect, but it's really really good. No wonder WOD sucked when they were busy working on this.

Most likely people complaining are either new to WoW or complain all of the time and mostly over the same shit.

If WOW being repetitive is a criticism to you, this game isn't for you. That's the nature of the game and WOW was certainly much more repetitive in previous xpacs than it is here and this is just a launch. That's crazy.

Go play something else if you're not into, nothing else to say.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-09-01 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its three days in.

While in BETA, the forums were full of complaints of end game. World quests are a drag without flying. When you do get reps up to revered, you get shitty gear you out leveled getting to revered. Having your personal class quest tied to a garrison table that has missions on a 16 to 24 hour timer. The list goes on.

Many of these posts got deleted, and never once did I see a blue response.

I wish I could say no flying is why I'm not buying this garbage, but its so much more this time.

1. community

2. CRZ

3. Flying

4. Teleporting to dungeons instantly

5. dungeons being too fucking short
    So fucking confused its unreal. Why are people happy? Because they actually PLAY the game, unlike yourself.

1. Community. The community is made worse by retarded threads like this. Stop contributing to the problem.

2. CRZ is not relevant to Legion. If you are complaining that people on other realms are allowed to play together then get over it.

3. Flying issues have been known about since LAST FUCKING MAY. 2015. there is nothing to be discussing at this point. The flight master whistle and the mount speed increases are all the concessions you need. If thats not enough, you play the game for the wrong reasons.

4. Good example of why your comments here are invalid. Do you know what Mythic+ dungeons are? It seems like you may not. You may want to read up on the expansion you are complaining about.

5. Mythic+.

Best of luck bruva. You need it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's the same thing every expansion. If legion turns out bad, these will be the same people saying legion is the worst expansion ever. As a longtime wow player, i've seen this repeat in every launch ive experienced.

At launch, x is the best ever. 3 months later, x is the worst ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Yea, legion is just wod part 2. I've pretty much done everything and I can say that:
    - world quests are a joke, it's going to become repetitive in a really short time
    - suramar is the generic level cap zone, it's ok I guess since atleast it didn't come after one year
    - the artifact grinding is going to become annoying and then pointless very fast

It seems good because it's new but it's just like wod. The phasing is just terrible, way too much phasing involved, I'm on a full server and I don't meet many people at all.

I think this is going the wod route honestly, unless they keep pushing out content (and world content), something I don't think they will be capable of doing.
    Ya you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Try playing on a realm that isn't a ghost town. There are tons of people everywhere on my server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Ya you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Try playing on a realm that isn't a ghost town. There are tons of people everywhere on my server.
    I'm playing on draenor EU, biggest horde realm in Europe.

I guess you didn't play before phasing and crz were a thing?

3. Flying
    Yes beaten to death etc. I am not opposed to flight. But you have to be some sort of ignorant person to not see that if you have flying it takes away a small portion of sense of community. You won't help out a passing by player with some quest you have already completed or would be completing soonish and is in need of help. Simply because up in the sky you won't see them. I don't care that you are not and never will be interested in helping out another. But as this is an mmo, a lot of others who would, simply won't due to flight. And no one will ride a landmount if the flying one is available. It is not a matter of will power. It is a matter of efficiency. So less interaction right there.
    Blatantly false on all accounts.

You don't help players on quests that you've already completed because you've already completed it and don't give a crap what some random scrub who's not even in your guild is doing. It has nothing to do with flying, or any other form of travel. You're not going to stop on your ground mount either, because you've got places to be, and things to do that don't involve that person. And what you described is simply worse on a flight path, because on those, even if I see someone and want to stop, I literally can't. Whereas on a flying mount I have the option if I decide to waste my time being King High Pope MMO benevolence the XIV, "Helper of Randoms".

You're trying too hard to go out of your way to invent reasons why flying is bad. Stop. You're only going to make yourself look ignorant, and lose credibility for your other points.

The only thing bothering me right now is phasing and world quest bugs.
    Way to much unneeded phasing in legion.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a pointless thread.