10+ Year Old Account

[Resto Druid] Which "Legiondaries" are you going for, and why?

I pesoanlly think Tearstone of Elune (http://www.wowhead.com/item=137042) is wildly OP with Aman'Thul's Wisdom (http://www.wowhead.com/item=137072), which are the two legiondaries I'm going for. On top of that, add the Artifact trait Dreamwalker (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=189849), and there is some serious AoE potential there I would think.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Edraith, Bonds of Aglaya is another one of my first picks, although I really like both of the ones you linked as well. With the Prosperity talent, this legendary is essentially a single-target super-Flourish every 25 seconds. Or with Cenarion Ward, every CW can have an 18-second duration.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Following this thread for information. Thanks.

arent they a random drop?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    arent they a random drop?
    Yes, but we can always hope for good luck. I once said out loud that I wanted a warforged, socketed Tyrant's Decree when opening the 5x Timewalking quest reward box, and ... it had a warforged, socketed Tyrant's Decree in it. Pure coincidence, but oh what a wonderful coincidence that was for my little Guardian druid.

If the Tearstone of Elune can proc off of each tick of a Wild Growth, then 1000000% that one. No questions. Insane synergy with Dreamwalker and 2/4pc of our first tier set.

Aman'thul's is an ok second, but doesn't touch the Tearstone imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    doesn't proc off ticks

Do you have confirmation for this, because in the beta it was proccing off ticks?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would make the ring just stupid, and would be nerfed rightly so, so I kinda doubt it procs off ticks atleast on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    That would make the ring just stupid, and would be nerfed rightly so, so I kinda doubt it procs off ticks atleast on live.
    Still waiting to hear from someone who knows 100%. Just because it seems extremely strong, doesn't mean it wont be in the game like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know 2 people who found it so far and both of them said they haven't noticed any tick procs. Which is, of cause, no 100% sure thing because RNGsus could just be a bitch today but I personally am thinking it just wont.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can't farm specific legendaries and will equip any of then regardless until we get 2 so just be glad if you get it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Still waiting to hear from someone who knows 100%. Just because it seems extremely strong, doesn't mean it wont be in the game like that.
    When I last tested it in early August, the ring did NOT proc off of WG ticks, only the cast.

As for what I'm hoping for, I want the boots and ring/chest for raiding, and the bracers for 5 mans. The bonus to tranquility is too good to miss out on for progression raiding, the ring is just a good passive bonus (avg 1.2 rejuvs per cast of wg), and the chest is a good slot to have a legendary due to stats plus there's nothing bad about 15% DR/23.5% move speed with 6% ysera's gift. Then those bracers are just damn good with CW.

Love reading some of the TC on the legendaries, like Icy Veins say "we consider the boots poor because Tranqiuility will heal you above 50% really quickly".

Got to rank on them meters! You know, because healing the raid above 50% really quickly, and keeping people from getting gibed is just not maximizing your meter potential...

Or the "guide" in this forum putting the shoulders as #1, probably the most situational and potentially WORST item we have (not only situational, but promotes bad play).. Yes, lets dump mana on full health targets (hoping they do not take 1 hp of damage incidentally), because there will be maybe 1 encounter/mechanic per raid that will make that even marginally worthwhile..

Anyway, I would be happy with the ring, bracers, or boots. The chest and shielding neck are also undervalued by many, survivability is the best HPS increase
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-09-02 at 10:50 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Considering we won't have a choice on which legendary we get first, I don't think it is worth putting a ton of thought into double legendary synergy.

I also think covering melee dps with rejuvs before a moderate to large damage burst will happen more frequently than once per raid. Half of our legendary items involve saving GCDs (shoulder, ring, wrist) and it's looking like the shoulders and wrists have the potential to save the most GCDs. The legendary part of the guide is incomplete as I really don't think we have enough data to rank them one by one.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the ring, how many times will you cast wild growth in an average fight? Add one rejuv to that cast on average. What are the chances there is already a rejuv on the target? I feel it is overvalued especially for 5 mans, but also for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Love reading some of the TC on the legendaries, like Icy Veins say "we consider the boots poor because Tranqiuility will heal you above 50% really quickly".

Got to rank on them meters! You know, because healing the raid above 50% really quickly, and keeping people from getting gibed is just not maximizing your meter potential...

Or the "guide" in this forum putting the shoulders as #1, probably the most situational and potentially WORST item we have (not only situational, but promotes bad play).. Yes, lets dump mana on full health targets (hoping they do not take 1 hp of damage incidentally), because there will be maybe 1 encounter/mechanic per raid that will make that even marginally worthwhile..

Anyway, I would be happy with the ring, bracers, or boots. The chest and shielding neck are also undervalued by many, survivability is the best HPS increase
    Have to say I agree here, the boots look solid, the ring looks good, bracers are situationally good, pretty lackluster with a sotf/prosperity build, making it mostly situationally good.

Neck is undervalued idd, bad hps, but dead people dont do hps either. Chest looked like a fair choice for either 7.5% MS or 5% additional DR, on top of a minor throughput increase.
    I think you are creating some unecessary bad situations for the shoulders, nevertheless its highly situational, and also relies on people not taking damage for 5-10 seconds to be valuable, and to also take predictable damage.

Then you have the other ring, which is okay due to 3x stats, but proc is very meh, especially since typhoon is very disruptive and ursol's vortex got 1 min cd, and spending 1 gcd for close to no haste is not worth it by itself.

iirc: The ring has 20% per hot application. so if you get the full 6 players hotted it is 6 x 20% chances.

It is definitely not each tick.