Thread: Nar"Thalas Writ

Nar"Thalas Writ

I got this for my level 100 druid. WOWhead says:

"Nar'thalas Writ is a World Drop BoE Storm Relic. It will vary in item level and level requirement based on what level it drops for you.

For example, a level 100 that had this drop would have an item level 670 relic which requires level 100+.
    A level 105, on the other hand, would have an item level of 731 and would require level 105+ to use."

All well and good but what do I do with it?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if understand your question but... you equip it. Relics are like gems that go on your weapons. Right click it, drag and put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Not sure if understand your question but... you equip it. Relics are like gems that go on your weapons. Right click it, drag and put it in.
    Equip it? I right click and nothing happens. I'm supposed to put it on the weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Equip it? I right click and nothing happens. I'm supposed to put it on the weapon?
    Shift + Right click should do the trick

Relics go in your artifact weapon. They are the "weapon upgrades" in Legion, increasing the item level of your artifact and adding another rank of whichever ability it states. Certain artifacts can only use certain relics - if your druid's weapon doesn't have a storm slot, you can't use that item in your artifact. Shift-right click the relic (or your artifact) to equip it at the top.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

OK the problem is that I didn't know where the artifact forge was or that I even needed to know where it is. Finally figured out that I had to find it and it's not marked on the map so I Googled it. Good job Blizz.

Deleted
    OK the problem is that I didn't know where the artifact forge was or that I even needed to know where it is. Finally figured out that I had to find it and it's not marked on the map so I Googled it. Good job Blizz.
    you have to use the artefact forge on the quest line to obtain the artifact, at least i did on my hunter.
    though you can equip the relics anywhere, you dont need to be at the forge, just shift right click your artifact, and drag the relic to the right slot at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you have to use the artefact forge on the quest line to obtain the artifact, at least i did on my hunter.
    though you can equip the relics anywhere, you dont need to be at the forge, just shift right click your artifact, and drag the relic to the right slot at the top.
    It only worked at the forge.

you don't need the forge, you can just shift+right click, I just did it with mine

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    you don't need the forge, you can just shift+right click, I just did it with mine
    However, if he's managed to never even discover the forge exists, he probably doesn't yet have the artifact trait that this relic enhances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    However, if he's managed to never even discover the forge exists, he probably doesn't yet have the artifact trait that this relic enhances.
    but i dont think you can even start questing in broken isles without completing the first artifact questline, which shows you the forge

Also you can buff a trait that you havent spent points in, I did that yesterday

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to do with this particular relic either.

Unlike most relics, Shift + right clicking doesn't work for this Nar'thalas Writ. It just keeps saying it's not the right relic slot.

I will try doing it at the forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't sure what to do with this particular relic either.

Unlike most relics, Shift + right clicking doesn't work for this Nar'thalas Writ. It just keeps saying it's not the right relic slot.

I will try doing it at the forge.
    It only worked at the forge. Maybe a bug?

Nar'thalas writ is a storm type. Does your relic have a storm type? I had a few drop on my DH, DH's only have iron/arcane/fel/shadow so I just DE'd it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalerender View Post
    Nar'thalas writ is a storm type. Does your relic have a storm type? I had a few drop on my DH, DH's only have iron/arcane/fel/shadow so I just DE'd it.
    storm type? I have a rest druid. How do they relate?

storm type? I have a rest druid. How do they relate?
    Shift right click your artifact, at the top will be 2 slots for relics, and one that is likely crossed out still. Hover over them to find out what type of relic slot they are. According to wowhead no druid spec uses storm relics in their artifact.

As such the item should be sold or DE'd.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Also you can buff a trait that you havent spent points in, I did that yesterday
    Really?? I'm sure I tried that and it wouldn't let me??

Tries again.. nope, won't let me. Just says I need to visit the forge in my class hall to purchase the trait.