Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Which DPS classes are doing well and which are not?

Hello Everyone!

If you had to list in order which DPS spec are in the best place to the worst place what would that order look like? PvE And PvP separate if you have that much knowledge :-P

It is literally less than 24 hours into the expansion.

Check back in a month

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whitewillsmith View Post
    Hello Everyone!

If you had to list in order which DPS spec are in the best place to the worst place what would that order look like? PvE And PvP separate if you have that much knowledge :-P
    Demon hunters are by far the worse at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Demon hunters are by far the worse at everything.
    Not sure if serious

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    Not sure if serious

Shhhh. Just trying to lower their numbers..

rogues and mages ofc best

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    Not sure if serious

Well they are certainly FOTM, and there's plenty of bad ones.

Deleted
    It´s soo unfair. Mages are always top. Blizzard messed up so often the dps specs. I remmeber MoP with mages and warlocks 30% ahead of eveything else. I Hope shadow can be compative for Top. 3

Worst

Warlocks
    Frost DK
    Ret Paladin
    Elemental Shamans

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    It´s soo unfair. Mages are always top. Blizzard messed up so often the dps specs. I remmeber MoP with mages and warlocks 30% ahead of eveything else. I Hope shadow can be compative for Top. 3
    I remember WotLK with no mages in world first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    Then you have a REALLY shitty memory... since Ele shammies owned the majority of that expac

I never really understood why people always say stuff like, "it's only beta, wait for release." Or "it just released, wait for raids." He didn't ask what was best for raids, OP wanted to know what's good right now.

As for what's good the usual mage and rogue. Then in no order unholy, spriests, enhance, hunters, and warlocks.

From running dungeons, DH have dominated AOE by large margin. Demo lock did fairly poorly in that regards.

DH is great with it's burst AoE. I'm just finding the class pretty dull lately though, got to level 104 and have started levelling my alt Outlaw Rogue already, which is a ton more fun and active!

I'd say Unholy DK / Havoc DH / BM Hunter / Enhance Sham are top tier with possibly Outlaw Rogue

Deleted
    Not too sound arrogant but I'm having no problem topping meters on my WW monk in both aoe and single target, few classes have come close to beating me so far (mainly played LFD for heroics so not the best way to judge I know)

Per the simcraft results and only on single target encounters, Arms warrior is the top, followed by Feral druid and I think a mage or rogue spec.

The rest of the melee are around the middle, with Frost DK being the lowest and Ret paladin being fairly low as well.

The sims are all assuming pretty good gear and whatnot though, and I don't know if RIGHT NOW at 110 in like, dungeons and shit what is the strongest? Probably whomever has really good short-term burst AOE to blow up packs - basically Havoc Demon Hunters are probably really looking strong right now because they can do a lot in a short fight, and fury warrior has some very respectable burst AOE if they use Odyn's Fury correctly.

Otherwise, I'm not sure - this isn't something I'd be too worried about; if you're looking for some kind of forecast for raids opening, I'd still say the simcraft list is probably the closest you're going to get, despite the disparity in actual player gear versus what the sims assume (~850+ mythic shit I think?) so Arms warrior using that stupid focused rage gimmicky lame build is the absolute top, and it's followed pretty closely by some flavor of feral druid (no idea if they have some doofy gimmick build or if they're just really good)

As usual, rogues are looking good, and mages. Many classes are pretty close to one another though - Frost DK is the only one that is alarmingly low; somewhere between 30-50k DPS than the middle of the pack, and around 130 below Arms.

In the end though, I don't think any of that matters for anyone who isn't absolutely pushing it to the limit and doing Mythic raids for the top 500 world. Everyone else can just do his or her best with the spec they want to play and not worry too much about not being top o' the chart. Unless you only play to be top o' the chart...then i strongly recommend you get every class to 110 and keep two artifacts as close as is possible or just don't spend any AP until you know for sure what the optimal spec for whatever class is. That doesn't sound fun at all.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Nothing can beat a good demon hunter in mythics honestly. Windwalkers are close. Their burst aoe is unreal.

Deleted
    DHs are a fucking joke. They do 1M dps by sitting on their keyboard on big packs. 2M dps if they are trying. Nobody else can keep up. Nobody.

If anyone was wondering if DHs come wildly overpowered out of the gate, they did. More than Wrath DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Frost DK is the only one that is alarmingly low; somewhere between 30-50k DPS than the middle of the pack, and around 130 below Arms.
    This is weird. Im playing a frost DK around ~800 ilvl, and pulling 300-500k aoe and 130-160k dps ST.
    In most cases, im doing ~40-45% of the total damage from a 5 man group. Not sure if I've just been in bad groups or not, but frost seems nowhere near the bottom from my experience. I'm also just in normal dungeons in levelling gear, so things might change as I scale up.
    Last edited by Taeron; 2016-09-02 at 03:29 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No complaints with UH DK personally so far. Ton of fun, Apocalypse brings some very nice burst (and lots of Ghouls ), I love how Death and Decay Interacts with Scourge Strike for some wonderful AoE. Assume it was due to scaling but at 102 my DK in EoA was able to provide some insane burst to enemies. I am half Mythic geared from HFC though, so I assume that affected it ^^
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )