Free Server Transfers

I played on Tichondrious all through WoD ignorant of the fact that it was one of the highest populated servers due to the fact that so many players had quit the game. Now with the influx of new players for Legion, I can no longer get onto my server without waiting 10 + minutes.

Any idea what the requirements are for a free realm transfer?

There are no free realm transfers. You will have to purchase one or reroll on another realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    They sometimes do free realm transfers to specific realms, but i doubt it is going on right now
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Any idea what the requirements are for a free realm transfer?
    The requirement is Blizzard observing a long-term problem, as in one faction massively populated and the other not so much, or just way too many people in general (login queue on a regular day). The login queue after a new expansion is not a long-term problem. If you didn't have login issues before the pre-patch, you won't have to wait long for the queue to disappear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought they had a thing called "Server migration" Where you can transfer to a lower pop server for free

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    I thought they had a thing called "Server migration" Where you can transfer to a lower pop server for free
    They do, but your realm still has to be eligible for that, and unless Blizz deems it a long-term problem, like in my examples above, you won't get one.

I just checked my own account and none of the realms I play on are eligible for free transfers to anywhere.

Ah lame, I know it's just after an expansion and will probably go down, I just don't have much time to play at the moment so spending 10-20 minutes in queue just to log in hurts.

Thanks for the responses

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's unlikely they'll offer a free transfer. While there is a queue for that server, it's no where near what it used to be. 10-20 mins is actually pretty impressive for Tichondrius, consider it's the most populated US server and we're only a few days into launch.

If it really bothers you, maybe consider paying to transfer off.
    Yea I was more curious of what it usually takes for them to trigger the free realm migrations, honestly it's not that bad I just don't have time to wait in a 20 minute queue so if my limited time to play comes when there is a queue I'll just have to suck it up and play something else that new DLC for ARK looks interesting (or go outside...).

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's unlikely they'll offer a free transfer. While there is a queue for that server, it's no where near what it used to be. 10-20 mins is actually pretty impressive for Tichondrius, consider it's the most populated US server and we're only a few days into launch.

If it really bothers you, maybe consider paying to transfer off.
    Wouldn't that be Illidan?

Don't mistake a bunch of loud mouth morons who think Tich is the best server lead you to believe it is the most populated.