Archaeology - digsites aren't in my zone?

One thing that is irritating to me is that the initial 3 archaeology nodes on my map are all in the same zone and it's not the one zone I've actually been to and am questing in.

That almost seems like a bug to me. In the past it's always been the case that nodes didnt spawn in zones you hadn't visited yet.

But perhaps the intended gameplay if to jump around all the zones simultaneously? How many quests can be in the quest log nowadays? Is there any way to re-roll archaeology sites?

I have actually changed the zone I am leveling in just to work on Archaeology as I quest. I have done several dig sites now and they always spawn in the same zone. I do have an off topic question, what is the actual point of Archaeology now if all the special items come from quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I have actually changed the zone I am leveling in just to work on Archaeology as I quest. I have done several dig sites now and they always spawn in the same zone. I do have an off topic question, what is the actual point of Archaeology now if all the special items come from quests?
    I guess you'll get the items for those "rare solve"-quests from digging up archaeology sites, and beyond that you can get some snippets of lore and achievements from just going around digging.

In my case, I had dig sites on the zone I decided to start levelling in, but.. then.. for some odd reason... they all shifted off to another zone.
    <.<

The digsites only spawn in the zone that the rare quest is in for the entire 2 weeks of the quest, the current quest is in stormheim so all digistes will only appear in stormheim until the quest changes in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    The digsites only spawn in the zone that the rare quest is in for the entire 2 weeks of the quest, the current quest is in stormheim so all digistes will only appear in stormheim until the quest changes in 2 weeks.
    That's not even such a bad idea actually (provided all zones have a mix of digsites for all races), there's nothing as annoying as finishing one digsite, and then getting its replacement on the other side of the continent...

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Isn't that just for whenever you turn max level? I started leveling in Highmountain and all my digsites kept popping up in that zone. Then at max level they suddenly were all located in Stormheim (which is where the current quest is).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    That almost seems like a bug to me. In the past it's always been the case that nodes didnt spawn in zones you hadn't visited yet.
    No, in the past digs would only spawn if they are in your level range. This time all five zones are within level range and can be active at any given point.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Isn't that just for whenever you turn max level? I started leveling in Highmountain and all my digsites kept popping up in that zone. Then at max level they suddenly were all located in Stormheim (which is where the current quest is).
    maybe didnt look till I was max level