Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong.. but isnt it only illegal to buy. not to consume?

Also by the same logic., Kratom was regulated (in the sense that it needed to be).

15 had died from it., hundreds of thousands more, have died from alcohol.
    Either way if it's illegal it's regulated

Comparing alcohol with any other drugs is nonsensical... Ofcourse more people die from alcohol because more people drink alcohol, I imagine more people die from alcohol than rat poison but that doesn't make rat poison safer to drink
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2016-09-01 at 07:04 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know because I never heard of this drug before but the whole "it's plant" argument is equally retarded. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's harmless, if evidence supports negativity from a plant regarding the people then the government has to act. People are idiots and need protecting from others and themselves and saying "well if people knew what they're doing" suggestion doesn't work
    No, it's not. And when I say it's just a plant I am talking about the use of a plant in a medical capacity no different than the myriad of other plants used in conventional medicine.

Opiate abuse and accidental overdoses from prescription drugs kills people in the US at a rate that borders on ridiculous. More than heroine and meth combined. If people can step down from an opiate to something like kratom it is a net benefit to society. If people can treat pain without the addictive properties of opiates it is a net benefit to society.

What about the evidence against alcohol? I mean Kratom isn't even a blip on the radar compared to the fallout from ETOH addiction.

Deleted
    Crony capitalism at it.

Deleted
    Either way if it's illegal it's regulated

Comparing alcohol with any other drugs is nonsensical... Ofcourse more people die from alcohol because more people drink alcohol, I imagine more people die from alcohol than rat poison but that doesn't make rat poison safer to drink
    We are talking about something that does not need to be regulated though. It's as stupid it is to regulate weed. But atleast people start to see that *gasp* weed is not dangerous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    We are talking about something that does not need to be regulated though. It's as stupid it is to regulate weed. But atleast people start to see that *gasp* weed is not dangerous.
    Weed isn't conventionally dangerous but it's far from harmless. I see weed consumption similar to alcohol, good in moderation bad in excess. Also I am indifferent regarding Kratom, i'm just saying abolishing the system in favour of an awareness system isn't feasible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How many people died from tobacco or alcohol between 2014 and 2016? I rest my case.
    To be perfectly fair, Kratom is comparatively unknown, so any statestics are pretty much worthless anyways. Plus, I have a hard time believing ANYONE could die from taking Kratom, the stuff is about as dangerous as weed. Oh wait, that's a schedule 1 substance as well.
    Seriously though, I make it a point to always have around 100 grams of it in the house. The stuff kills pain better than anything I could buy at a pharmacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know because I never heard of this drug before but the whole "it's plant" argument is equally retarded. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's harmless, if evidence supports negativity from a plant regarding the people then the government has to act. People are idiots and need protecting from others and themselves and saying "well if people knew what they're doing" suggestion doesn't work
    Then don't use it smart guy. People should have the right to ingest a plant that has uses dated back thousands of years. It is a fucking plant! It isn't illegal anywhere except for Thailand (where ti is native too).

It is regulated though. Also the 15 number is useless without an example of how many in total, 15 out of 50? 100? 1000? 10,000?
    43 million
    Last edited by zEmini; 2016-09-01 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    DEA claims 15 people died from it between 2014 and 2016.
    How many people died from smoking, alcohol, obesity (and related diseases) in that time? Yet all those things are legal. How many people did the government accidently kill in bombings (the ole' collateral damage) in that time?

I wish these petty, corrupt thieves (both parties) would just leave us alone. It is your body, you should be able to put whatever you want in it. If politicians think kratom is dangerous, then they don't have to take it if they don't want- they shouldn't be able to stop you from taking in it.

It can be a legitimate argument when you also include the point of having a history of human consumption. If yes, then there's your human data sample and you can safely assume it's non-toxic to organic systems and won't cause tumors, blindness, miscarriages, madness etc. Another good question would be, does it have an affinity/relationship to ordinary brain chemistry such as cannabis, psilocybin, DMT. Most problems arise when plants are distilled and concentrated, but in their natural form are mostly harmless.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    From personal experience i can tell its far more healthier but really thats besides the point.

I mean why hasnt acetaminophen been banned yet? Ciggarettes? Nope but then they both has huge lobbies to fight for them!
    Personal experience doesn't mean shit on if something is healthy or not. If that were the case then cigarettes are healthy because I've been smoking for 10+ years and no cancer yet!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    DEA claims 15 people died from it between 2014 and 2016.
    Dihydrogen monoxide probably kills more people per year. Lets ban that.
    Putin khuliyo

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkro...r#56e9269a388b

'Chuck Rosenberg, acting administrator of the DEA, claims the action “is necessary to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety.” As an example of the risks of kratom, the DEA cites a CDC study published this summer that counted 660 poison control calls during a five-year period from 2010 to 2015 on behalf of people suffering untoward reactions to the herb or teas made from the plant material.

The relative magnitude of this “hazard to public safety” has been called into question by kratom users and commenters here at Forbes. To put kratom risks in perspective, poison control centers received 6,843 reports of young children ingesting single-load laundry pods in just the first seven months of 2016.'

Says it all doesnt it! I bet coffee probably had more reports than kratom did in 5 fucking years and millions of people use this natural plant.

I know there is people here who are skeptical so let me just let a soldier who has served his country tell his story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Your point being?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-01 at 09:59 PM.

If it's all natural, it must be good for you. Like being mauled by a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    If it's all natural, it must be good for you. Like being mauled by a bear.
    So drinking a cup of herbal tea is akin to being mauled by a bear?

Wow i want some of that!

definitely a step backwards but it sucks anyway so I cant say I care all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weed isn't conventionally dangerous but it's far from harmless. I see weed consumption similar to alcohol, good in moderation bad in excess. Also I am indifferent regarding Kratom, i'm just saying abolishing the system in favour of an awareness system isn't feasible
    Weed is bad in excess? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Yes, weed is bad in excess. Do you know what you're talking about?

EVERYTHING is bad in excess.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Yes, if you're smoking 20 joints everyday for 20 years it's going to have some negative affects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post

Your point being?
    Point being, the OP posted a website that has a link to the study that compares the effects of Kratom to Cocaine... NOT Caffeine.

I don't think anyone ever died of a caffeine overdose, that didn't have pre-existing heart problems.

Cocaine = Kratom
    Cocaine =/= Caffeine
    Caffeine =/= Kratom

Caffeine = Coffee

Point being... you are wrong, and don't try to spread misinformation.

Its like the fucks that try and defend marijuana... there are absolutely 100% without a doubt and enough evidence to show that there are legitimate medical benefits to the consumption of marijuana in its many forms. However, most of you don't qualify... so don't pretend like you don't just want to get high.

In regards to Kratom, for the people this effects who had a viable solution for whatever ailed them... this sucks. But the DEA and FDA have valid reasons (as the study shows) for at least temporarily halting its use and distribution.

I'm not trying to get into a huge debate here on the legality of drugs, I tend to lean more toward libertarian on the issue... do whatever the fuck you want, put whatever you want in your body. The only time I take issue is when the result of choices impedes the rights of myself or someone else because you can't control yourself after consumption.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-02 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Point being, the OP posted a website that has a link to the study that compares the effects of Kratom to Cocaine... NOT Caffeine.

I don't think anyone ever died of a caffeine overdose, that didn't have pre-existing heart problems.

Cocaine = Kratom
    Cocaine =/= Caffeine
    Caffeine =/= Kratom

Caffeine = Coffee

Point being... you are wrong, and don't try to spread misinformation.

Its like the fucks that try and defend marijuana... there are absolutely 100% without a doubt and enough evidence to show that there are legitimate medical benefits to the consumption of marijuana in its many forms. However, most of you don't qualify... so don't pretend like you don't just want to get high.

In regards to Kratom, for the people this effects who had a viable solution for whatever ailed them... this sucks. But the DEA and FDA have valid reasons (as the study shows) for at least temporarily halting its use and distribution.
    FDA and DEA have very little credibility. They list Pot as a Schedule 1 drug ... that puts it in with Heroin and Cocaine! I rest my case on that point.

The other being; if you don't like Pot, Kratom, Caffeine, Cigarettes, ect ... then DON'T do them! Making harmless plants illegal is a violation of my personal freedoms. I will be breaking that law out of spite.