Exclamation No Primary stat on rings/cloaks/ necks

Is it even worth throwing away old WoD gear for the near Legion gear for the equipment stated in the title?

From my understanding, the primary stat such as Agility take priority over all the others, and so losing 200 to 300 Agil just for switching to the new gear does no seem worth it even for w/e extra secondary stats it may have. Am I correct in assuming so?

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You are not correct.
    You should explain why!

Primary stats on rings and necks, etc. give massive diminishing results at high item level. If I have a ilevel 800 neck with huge +crit and +mastery, the level 730 neck's addition of primary stat does not provide as much effect as the power of the secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    You should explain why!

Primary stats on rings and necks, etc. give massive diminishing results at high item level. If I have a ilevel 800 neck with huge +crit and +mastery, the level 730 neck's addition of primary stat does not provide as much effect as the power of the secondary stats.
    So you tell me to explain, and then explain incorrectly? Sigh.

It has nothing to do with diminishing returns. It's a simple matter of iLvl. No matter what stats you put on something, 50+ iLvls is going to be better. Itemization budgeting assures that. The most correct answer is just to look at stat weights from a sim and do the math yourself. It will be pretty immediately obvious that WoD gear is worthless in comparison.

I'll take your word for it even though I don't quite understand. Is the game falsely showing numbers that won't really affect performance? I'm not even sure what you mean by itemization budgeting.

Thanks for the suggestion of a simulator, I'll try to find one and see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    You should explain why!

Often 1 primary stat is worth 2 other stat(master,haste,crit etc) depends on class and what is best for you ofc but take this in mind and change when you get more benefit from changing. If you get like 300agi from an item that is worth like 600crit for instance.

Here is an old scaling for lvl 100 I did back in prepatch

Higher item budget means that the numbers will be much much larger than a lower ilvl item. Plus the enchants i believe on some of the items give a primary stat.

Edit: Looked it up and its the cloak enchant. The best one is +200 Agi/Int/Str.

Regardless the higher ilvl item will be better. The stam numbers alone are worth it in survivability.
    Last edited by Roiids; 2016-09-02 at 03:13 PM.

It has nothing to do with diminishing returns. It's a simple matter of iLvl. No matter what stats you put on something, 50+ iLvls is going to be better. Itemization budgeting assures that. The most correct answer is just to look at stat weights from a sim and do the math yourself. It will be pretty immediately obvious that WoD gear is worthless in comparison.
    Which is exactly what I said.

If my WoD neck has +200 Agility and +200 Crit and Haste, and I have a chance to upgrade to something with +500 Crit and Haste, I should take the upgrade, because the increase of 300 points in Crit and Haste outweighs the loss of the +200 Agility.

By wearing the +200 Agi neck, you're gimping yourself. I may have used the term 'diminishing returns' incorrectly, however.

Blizzard dun goofed; I didn't replace my 710 WoD neck until a 745 Legion Neck with Crit+Versa came along, and even that felt like a sidegrade.

You have to take in account the fact that Haste is kind of worthless during the leveling process and also that that Mastery is an overall awful stat right now.

a: it is diminishing returns (300 agi when you have 20k is worth much less than if you'd have 8k)
    b: and try telling a fire mage that a +50 ilvl haste versa ring is better than their crit+mastery one ^^

you are right about wod gear being useless however.

You have to take in account the fact that Haste is kind of worthless during the leveling process and also that that Mastery is an overall awful stat right now.
    neither of those things are right unless you're playing assa

a 745 legion type neck with the 2 good stats will be far better than a wod neck with 2 good stats and some agi
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-04 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    b: and try telling a fire mage that a +50 ilvl haste versa ring is better than their crit+mastery one ^^
    if 50 ilvl mean nothing to your spec, someone at blizzard fucked up big time.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Item levels is just the stat budget, doesnt account for stat values.

If stat A is worth 2x stat B, then a 100 item level item with 300 of stat B will be less that a 75 item level item with 200 of stat A since it would offer the effect of 400 of stat B.

Ilevel is a generally reliable shortcut to working out stat values, but for someone who cares about the actual values, then the item with 200 agility will possibly provide more damage than the 300 crit item IF agility is worth more than 1.5X crit, which is the assumption OP has.

A better reply would be one that gives the stat values, if the total stat value of the WoD item is higher than the legion item, then its worth keeping the WoD item, ilevel be damned

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    oh dont get me wrong they did, fire mage stat priority is broken beyond belief, but it does exist.

I don't understand why they removed it in the first place. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    I don't understand why they removed it in the first place. Anyone know why?
    Does it really matter?

Less useless drops?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose