Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I've begun the paperwork to put the expansion in for an Oscar award.
    Very pleased so far.
    Its interesting how people were saying shit like this at the beginning of WoD. Everyone and their mother was pleased during the first month. No idea why people still dont understand to give things time.

With that said though, I do really enjoy leveling in Legion over leveling in WoD. Its slower, the zones are way better, etc. So thats already something. World quests are really fun and get you out into the world, some even force social interaction/grouping which is great. Theres a lot that Legion offers that is already a lot better, but its a smart move to wait until later and reserve judgement until then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Some of us have lots of alts. Tell you what... hit the / key on your keyboard to force walk mode. Then play the game, the world quests, etc.

That is how endgame feels without flying. Now imagine doign that with multiple alts? Ugh... nope... I'll just stop the sub until it's added and it makes the game feel fun to play.
    No it doesnt. Flight points are way faster now since they focus on getting to where you need rather than scenery. Theres plenty of toys that help you get around fast (most come from highmountain}, theres enough shit in the game that makes flying really unneeded. Now, Ill take flying anytime, I dont really care, but unsubbing because flying isnt in the game (even though it is, flight points are fast, cheap, etc. Then theres toys like flight masters whistle, etc} is just ridiculous. But, its your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm really loving the zones. They have a lot of content and a lot of variety. Randomly walking around the edges of the zones, encountering random isles with murloc villages, a massive amount of underwater life... It's great so far, really digging it.

Not gonna lie, this one is good so far. But It is still way to early to say, this is the best expansion ever. And I really don't see how people say, it feels challenging, feels like it's easy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

People keep spamming "UH WELL EVERYONE LOVED WOD" when it came out when that's not true. MANY people were lukewarm on it from the fucking beginning.

Some of us have lots of alts. Tell you what... hit the / key on your keyboard to force walk mode. Then play the game, the world quests, etc.

That is how endgame feels without flying. Now imagine doign that with multiple alts? Ugh... nope... I'll just stop the sub until it's added and it makes the game feel fun to play.
    Why imagine that? Do you do that? Cause you if you don't then you move the same speed as the rest of us not at /walk speed. If you NEEED TO MOVE OMG FAST ALL THE TIME, this is a you problem, not a WoW problem. I have two servers full of alts as well. I will play a few of them up to 110 then the rest when we get flying. In the meantime I have plenty of other shit to do.

My only complaint is I wish I knew for certain when we actually will get it.

Legion is a 10/10 so far for me, which would make it the best expansion WoW has ever seen. That said, we still have to get into raids, patches etc. So the devs aren't off the hook yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You're judging expansion after one day?

And half a year of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Its interesting how people were saying shit like this at the beginning of WoD. Everyone and their mother was pleased during the first month.
    They weren't though. WoD was literally declared terrible on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Its interesting how people were saying shit like this at the beginning of WoD. Everyone and their mother was pleased during the first month. No idea why people still dont understand to give things time.

With that said though, I do really enjoy leveling in Legion over leveling in WoD. Its slower, the zones are way better, etc. So thats already something. World quests are really fun and get you out into the world, some even force social interaction/grouping which is great. Theres a lot that Legion offers that is already a lot better, but its a smart move to wait until later and reserve judgement until then.
    My understanding is that the beta testers had been saying for a while that there was jack shit to do in WoD. I played WoD since nearly it's release. It's leveling was fun, but the moment you were done leveling, if you weren't raiding there was NOTHING to do. Okay that was an over exaggeration. You could do heroics, but that lasted all of one to two weeks if you were unlucky with drops. Hell in WoD I couldn't even grind out crafting, I had to just wait most for a lot of my components.

I have been lucky enough to have gotten into beta, and I know there is waaaay more non raid based end game in Legion already, more than the entirety of WoD. That being said if it isn't continually supported that will dry up too and things will suck. So yes, we still have to wait and see. I agree with that whole heartedly, but I think there is some definite praise to be had as well, just nothing as grand as "BEST XPAC EVAR"!!!

That bolded thing is what I did. I was out for nearly all of WoD due to flight stuff. I intended to go back when flight got in, but got distracted with other things, and basically only spent one month in WoD.

Now I am unsubbed and waiting on Flight in Legion.

No matter what cool stuff is there in Legion... it will generally be there when I get around to subbing again. And if it takes them TOO long to bring flight back, then Legion will probably be free with a sub anyway (like WoD was by the time I got around to it), so no big deal.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-02 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hearthstone....HotS..Overwatch...where they ever away?
    Oh I don't play those, flying is highly restricted. Hell it doesn't exist in hearthstone. More of Blizzards obvious dripping disdain for it's players~

Like others have mentioned, Legion isn't even a week old. Pretty sure everyone thought WoD was the best thing ever for the first week too.

But honestly, despite the pessimistic caution, I think Legion is going to be the best yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Like others have mentioned, Legion isn't even a week old. Pretty sure everyone thought WoD was the best thing ever for the first week too.

But honestly, despite the pessimistic caution, I think Legion is going to be the best yet.
    I don't remember that, but I wasn't very active on these forums at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    That bolded thing is what I did. I was out for nearly all of WoD due to flight stuff. I intended to go back when flight got in, but got distracted with other things, and basically only spent one month in WoD.

Now I am unsubbed and waiting on Flight in Legion.

No matter what cool stuff is there in Legion... it will generally be there when I get around to subbing again. And if it takes them TOO long to bring flight back, then Legion will probably be free with a sub anyway (like WoD was by the time I got around to it), so no big deal.
    Mate I'm sorry you miss flight so much, but you really got to see things from a different perspective. Blizzard took flight away because the players have become increasingly GOGOGO to their own demise. Flight caused players to avoid scenery, avoid obstacles, just drop in, kill a boss, and fly off. It was literally killing the game's RPG roots. Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle was the most enjoyable pieces of content for me in MoP - both no flying. PvP was intense and engaging, TI felt huge with all the bridges and cliffs despite being 1/8th the size of Jade Forest. I think you should just stop and smell the roses and look up at the sky and mountains in the distance from the ground and realize how beautiful no flying made the world be.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sarcasm just doesn't display well in writing..but I got it.
    Yeah I know, thanks for the extra effort in finding it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    After reaching 110 the only quests I disliked (and the only one I didn't like I absolutely hated!) was the Highmountain quest where you go back to the war of the ancients and the tauren guy with the spear and that was still very brief so I'm not complaining about it, I'm sure there are people who enjoyed it. Everything is very fun and cool. Love the voicing on quests. Grappling hook is fun as hell, as well as the kite.
    This quest would be so much better if there weren't other people phased in there with you. Completely breaks any immersion to see a thousand Highmountains running around chopping up demons.

proud to be a Blizzard fanboy in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I don't remember that, but I wasn't very active on these forums at this time.

As I remember it (take that for what it is worth):

The first week or two nearly all complaining was due to log in queues, which were horrible on many servers.

During the next couple of weeks, only the pro-flight crowd was generally upset. All was fresh and new so most people were happy, with a few (pvp, dumbing down, and other fairly typical gripes) as exceptions.

By about the end of the first month we had reached a "what now?" phase, where some started complaining about nothing to do, while others were saying there was tons of stuff to do. These threads really never let up, which was probably deserved. They reached an almost transcendent glory when the Twitter patch was launched... it was a sight to behold. (I think only the "RealNameID" event and the "No Flight Ever" event beat them our as rage points in the history of the game.)

It was probably sometime in the third month or so when people really started to turn on Garrisons... probably because by that point they had become too important to ignore AND because they became the biggest part of the game for many people.

Maybe a month later it was clear that very few people were truly happy, as subs dropped at a basically record pace (almost amazingly so).

I didn't even really play in the expansion but for one month at the end... but it was VERY entertaining to watch the saga play out. Every time I thought Blizzard was done dropping the ball, they seemed to say "But wait, there's less!"

Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    As I remember it (take that for what it is worth):

The first week or two nearly all complaining was due to log in queues, which were horrible on many servers.

During the next couple of weeks, only the pro-flight crowd was generally upset. All was fresh and new so most people were happy, with a few (pvp, dumbing down, and other fairly typical gripes) as exceptions.

By about the end of the first month we had reached a "what now?" phase, where some started complaining about nothing to do, while others were saying there was tons of stuff to do. These threads really never let up, which was probably deserved. They reached an almost transcendent glory when the Twitter patch was launched... it was a sight to behold. (I think only the "RealNameID" event and the "No Flight Ever" event beat them our as rage points in the history of the game.)

It was probably sometime in the third month or so when people really started to turn on Garrisons... probably because by that point they had become too important to ignore AND because they became the biggest part of the game for many people.

Maybe a month later it was clear that very few people were truly happy, as subs dropped at a basically record pace (almost amazingly so).

I didn't even really play in the expansion but for one month at the end... but it was VERY entertaining to watch the saga play out. Every time I thought Blizzard was done dropping the ball, they seemed to say "But wait, there's less!"

Fun times.
    I just remember when I played enjoying the leveling. The moment I hit cap and knew all I had left were heroics and some raiding to do I knew things were going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Mate I'm sorry you miss flight so much, but you really got to see things from a different perspective. Blizzard took flight away because the players have become increasingly GOGOGO to their own demise. Flight caused players to avoid scenery, avoid obstacles, just drop in, kill a boss, and fly off. It was literally killing the game's RPG roots. Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle was the most enjoyable pieces of content for me in MoP - both no flying. PvP was intense and engaging, TI felt huge with all the bridges and cliffs despite being 1/8th the size of Jade Forest. I think you should just stop and smell the roses and look up at the sky and mountains in the distance from the ground and realize how beautiful no flying made the world be.

Different Strokes.

Isle of Thunder was absolutely my most hated WoW experience in the eight continuous years that I played. I tolerated Timeless Isle for a couple of months because there were literally epics laying on the ground there and because the Island was REALLY tiny. It was almost impossible to be more that 20 seconds away from the rest/vendor/common area there, so there was little travel to it.

Unlike most people, I ditched the game pretty much immediately when the flight changes were announced and was long gone before WoD ever came around. Basically I missed about 2 1/2 years.

Flight caused players to avoid scenery, avoid obstacles, just drop in, kill a boss, and fly off.
    As long as people are happy doing that, then who cares? And on the flip side of this, flight actually encourages/enables a lot of outdoor activities too... so it is really nothing worse than a small tradeoff.

I think you should just stop and smell the roses and look up at the sky and mountains in the distance from the ground and realize how beautiful no flying made the world be.

In the years that I played, I spent over 90% of my time in the open world zones, so I smelled plenty of roses. I left the game just a few hundred daily quests shy of the 10,000 Daily Quests achievement... so yeah, I can safely say I saw more roses than most people in the game ever will.

I just didn't want to spend my next 10,000 quests in a world without flight.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-02 at 09:56 PM.