Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Other continents on Azeroth - What would you like to see?

If you believe other continents do exist on Azeroth (which is likely, and Blizz will probably get to making one eventually), what is on these continents that you would like to see? Particular geography? Inhabitants? Lore plot hooks? Do you imagine they'd already be full of civilization or new frontiers for the factions to build on and explore? Where on the map would this continent be? (South of Pandaria? East of the Eastern Kingdoms?)

I'd like to see a continent southwest of Kalimdor, or even connected to Silithus, that is a large desert still ruled by the Silithid and old remnants of the A'qir empire. It would have a Wild West vibe mixed with Middle Eastern & Egyptian desert themes. A massive stone city like Petra that served as the old main capital of the ancient Farraki tribe prior to Zul'Farrak. A cacti forest zone with a large oasis comprised of old Night Elves who journeyed that way following the War of the Shifting Sands and eventually established a settlement. A Tauren tribe that resembles nothing like the Tauren we see now - rather than peaceful and druidic, they are a marauding band of outlaws with a motorcycle gang vibe decked with mohawks and piercings that brand themselves tattoos. The Goblins have a large presence here, with a very Mad Max vibe to them. They have giant mechanical walkers that travel the desert plundering the ancient ruins for the vast wealth left behind by the Silithid. (Think Will Smith's Wild Wild West). They are ruthless, and wage wars with rivaling factions of Goblins over wealth and territory claim. We'd see more of the Tol'vir here, who are locked in a war with the Silithid to the far west of the continent. A small subsection of the Shado-Pan have settlements to the southern end of the zone who traveled that way seeking a way to stop the Mantid forever. Among all this, some Bronze Dragonflight lore, Titan and Old God lore, lots of lore concerning primordial Azeroth and how things played out during the days of the Black Empire. There would be a giant Grand Canyon-ish crevice that cuts the continent off from Silithus. A sprawling endless sea of sand zone that could be the largest zone in the game - but players can ride on the back of a massive mechanical sand crawler that constantly rotates around the zone at a 400% movement speed. A red sandstone canyon with Wile E. Coyote steep cliffs and drops. It all sounds amazing in my head, but I want to know what is in your head as well c:
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-02 at 11:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The continents we have are all there are. HOWEVER, there are a lot of islands out there, that we've not even scratched the surface of. Kul'tiras is another example of an island we haven't visited yet.

Deleted
    secret cow level, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

I'd like to see a continent southwest of Kalimdor, or even connected to Silithus, that is a large desert still ruled by the Silithid and old remnants of the A'qir empire. It would have a Wild West vibe mixed with Middle Eastern & Egyptian desert themes. A massive stone city like Petra that served as the old main capital of the ancient Farraki tribe prior to Zul'Farrak. A cacti forest zone with a large oasis comprised of old Night Elves who journeyed that way following the War of the Shifting Sands and eventually established a settlement. A Tauren tribe that resembles nothing like the Tauren we see now - rather than peaceful and druidic, they are a marauding band of outlaws with a motorcycle gang vibe decked with mohawks and piercings that brand themselves tattoos. The Goblins have a large presence here, with a very Mad Max vibe to them. They have giant mechanical walkers that travel the desert plundering the ancient ruins for the vast wealth left behind by the Silithid. (Think Will Smith's Wild Wild West). They are ruthless, and wage wars with rivaling factions of Goblins over wealth and territory claim. We'd see more of the Tol'vir here, who are locked in a war with the Silithid to the far west of the continent. A small subsection of the Shado-Pan have settlements to the southern end of the zone who traveled that way seeking a way to stop the Mantid forever. Among all this, some Bronze Dragonflight lore, Titan and Old God lore, lots of lore concerning primordial Azeroth and how things played out during the days of the Black Empire. There would be a giant Grand Canyon-ish crevice that cuts the continent off from Silithus. A sprawling endless sea of sand zone that could be the largest zone in the game - but players can ride on the back of a massive mechanical sand crawler that constantly rotates around the zone at a 400% movement speed. A red sandstone canyon with Wile E. Coyote steep cliffs and drops. It all sounds amazing in my head, but I want to know what is in your head as well c:
    That's quite a colorful idea, & I like it!

I imagine the Nerubian's have a vast underground empire although an expansion there would feel pretty repetitive sort of like being in Deepholm for a whole expansion. The colors and mobs may change but its still all rocks and nerubian architecture

And of course there are still countless islands such as Zandalar, Tel Abim and Kul'tiras just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The continents we have are all there are. HOWEVER, there are a lot of islands out there, that we've not even scratched the surface of. Kul'tiras is another example of an island we haven't visited yet.
    Nah I don't think so. Blizzard left it intentionally vague that the world could be as big as they ever want it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I imagine the Nerubian's have a vast underground empire although an expansion there would feel pretty repetitive sort of like being in Deepholm for a whole expansion. The colors and mobs may change but its still all rocks and nerubian architecture

And of course there are still countless islands such as Zandalar, Tel Abim and Kul'tiras just to name a few
    @Golden Yak did a write-up of something like that! You should check out his Spider Kingdom fan expansion if you haven't. Really wish Blizzard would talk to you Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If you believe other continents do exist on Azeroth (which is likely, and Blizz will probably get to making one eventually), what is on these continents that you would like to see? Particular geography? Inhabitants? Lore plot hooks? Do you imagine they'd already be full of civilization or new frontiers for the factions to build on and explore? Where on the map would this continent be? (South of Pandaria? East of the Eastern Kingdoms?)

That sounds awesome. I could also imagine sand trolls, harpies, ogres and hozen inhabiting that zone and as far as beasts go, I could see spiders, stags, wyverns, chimeras and tigers.

just islands left. they could pull a continent out of their ass like pandaria, im sure they could find an equally obnoxious race if they really wanted to, but i think after this they should really be focusing on invading legion worlds.

My guess is next Xpac will be something to do with azshara, which would probably largely take place on the seas, so kul'tiras and pirates and shit. id be up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    just islands left. they could pull a continent out of their ass like pandaria, im sure they could find an equally obnoxious race if they really wanted to, but i think after this they should really be focusing on invading legion worlds.

My guess is next Xpac will be something to do with azshara, which would probably largely take place on the seas, so kul'tiras and pirates and shit. id be up for that.
    They didn't exactly pull Pandaria (or pandaren) out of their ass, both were pretty obviously referenced within Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne when Rexxar encounters Chen who tells him of Pandaria.

Several pandaren-related items (such as a giant dragon turtle skeleton with oriental themed shit on it) and an orc brewmaster that references Chen all appear in Vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    They didn't exactly pull Pandaria (or pandaren) out of their ass, both were pretty obviously referenced within Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne when Rexxar encounters Chen who tells him of Pandaria.

Several pandaren-related items (such as a giant dragon turtle skeleton with oriental themed shit on it) and an orc brewmaster that references Chen all appear in Vanilla WoW.
    Im aware of that, but id have assumed it was at max a panda capital city, they completely blew it up to something much bigger than what it was, and the reference was one single character. Pretty much all of the panda lore was pulled from their ass. Personally i find having a continent named 'pandaria' incredibly uncreative and somewhat embarrasing, id have been much happier if they had of named it something else and had the panda capital named pandaria.

Basically, 95% of pandaria was pulled from ass

I mean, its like having kalimdor named nightelftopia or eastern kingdoms humanistan or something equally cheesy
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2016-09-03 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Im aware of that, but id have assumed it was at max a panda capital city, they completely blew it up to something much bigger than what it was, and the reference was one single character. Pretty much all of the panda lore was pulled from their ass. Personally i find having a continent named 'pandaria' incredibly uncreative and somewhat embarrasing, id have been much happier if they had of named it something else and had the panda capital named pandaria.

Basically, 95% of pandaria was pulled from ass

I mean, its like having kalimdor named nightelftopia or eastern kingdoms humanistan or something equally cheesy
    By that logic, all lore is pulled out of Blizzards ass at some point.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    With the current direction of the expacs, I'd like to see the South Seas as well as a trip to Nya'lotha.

I hope we'll get to see a Great sea expansion where the "continent" is the sea and all its islands. I would even love for them to make more Vasjh'ir style zones, perhaps some underwater and some taking place under the sea but protected by a force field keeping the water out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    By that logic, all lore is pulled out of Blizzards ass at some point.
    fair objection, the arrakoa were never mentioned prior to BC, draenie transformation to broken was invented in BC, pretty sure ulduar was never mentioned before wrath, though it was seeded, there were no gnolls, murlocks and shit before warcraft III, so the fact that there werent any pandaria stuff before pandaria is fairly moot.

My point though wasnt that its bad because it was invented, i just really didnt like the implementation, pandaria is a terrible name that made the whole expansion seem like a piss take. The story of MoP was about the horde civil war, if the expansion was titled something more related to that then im sure more players wouldnt have felt so isolated.

The reason i say it was pulled from ass was because there just didnt seem to be any precedent for it, pandaria never existed beforehand, it had no ties to anything else, it seemed that there were no ties to any other races, and it really just seemed like this segregated chunk of lore, and i just couldnt care less for 90% of the races that inhabit pandaria. To be frank it felt like a completely different game, and not in a good way. It just took the story away from anywhere i cared about and jammed it into this goofy candyass corner of the world. To give credit to the expansion, i enjoyed the civil war aspect, i thought the mogu seemed interesting as titan creations, i loved the zandalari involvement and to be fair i liked plenty of the expansion, i just hated the continent, the races (shit flinging hozen, sardine men, ugly rabbit things, walking acorns, nerdy mantises etc) and the launch content. i hated leveling through there, rescuing racist panda farmers farms from pathetic little land murlocks and i hated all the panda dungeons and having to listen to their racist bullshit.

And in fairness, i have to say i hate the story for warlords of draenor more than pandaria, it atleast got the theme right, but they took a time travel story and didnt really do anything with it, they didnt redeem any of the warlords (real shame there) they didnt really twist the plot or anything, it was really just a holiday, and that feels bad

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Source)
    I wish people would just understand that Blizzard intentionally NEVER mentioned at any point in their RPG, books, even the Chronicle, that Kalimdor was the only continent. It even said in the Chronicle "Kalimdor was the central continent on Azeroth" or something along those lines. They skirted around saying "The ONLY continent".

I imagine there's still plenty of land left to explore N,E,S and W of the current continents.

I would like to see the following areas as continents:

Argus
    Since it'll mean the end of the story, I have no desire to visit Argus.

Azeroth
    Lordaeron (Revamped)
    Kezan
    Kul Tiras
    Zandalar

Draenor
    Farahlon
    Goria

Outland
    Remnants of Goria and/or Farahlon

P.S. While I'm not opposed to new areas on Azeroth - as I would prefer to stay on the planet, in my opinion, the focus should be on the discovery and advancement of the current areas within the lore, i.e. for the time being, stick with what's already developed.

A dark and forgotten continent on the other side of the world. A place of madness and dust, where ancient undead roam, where the Aqir survive, an exiled loa and his troll followers are imprisoned there, lost ships and their crews are cursed and trapped. A remnant of the old gods' Black Empire exists. At the center of the continnent in a vast desert of dust sits a maddening temple of the old gods, an impossible building that looks like it shouldn't be, that can drive people to maddness just to look at it. This is the entrance to Ny'alotha.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-09-03 at 12:36 PM.

If a new continent appeared out of thin air in Azeroth, a continent that was never even mentioned before in-game our outside, then I will be pissed. You mean in a world that has dragons, gryphons, wyverns, gyrocopters, FREAKING airships -- no one saw that continent while flying?

Also what's with Argus "being the end of everything" stuff? The end boss is Sargeras, and he is a gigantic titan that slashes worlds with his sword. How can a tiny world like Argus be big enough to house Sargeras? :v

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    If a new continent appeared out of thin air in Azeroth, a continent that was never even mentioned before in-game our outside, then I will be pissed. You mean in a world that has dragons, gryphons, wyverns, gyrocopters, FREAKING airships -- no one saw that continent while flying?
    WoW is told from your character's perspective. If your character has never been there, then Blizzard doesnt need to add it to the map yet. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Its as simple as "These strange folk appeared on the western shore, requiring add back home. We should go there and help them..." thats all that needs to be said. Have some suspension of disbelief.