Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not really, you are mostly splitting hairs and expecting me to think of a Ghost the way you think of a Ghost.
    I am expecting you to use the standard definition of English words, which is not an unreasonable expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Waking dream. The vast majority of ghost stories from reasonable people involve their bedrooms or when they're tired or drifting asleep. Coincidence?
    This is the truest thing ever. Also applies to alot of alien abductions. I'm to the point where I instantly dismiss anything that occurs to someone asleep or nearing sleep.

Even this quote says the vast majority. There is is still that minority though....

10+ Year Old Account

I know I have been mostly jokey on this thread, but the topic interests me a ton

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Spooky scary skeletons send shivers down your spine.
    In all instances I've only ever seen errrrr, well when I first called my mother I called it "ellyll du" which I guess would mean "black ghost?" in English or black fiend?, both because everything I have ever seen has always been either just strange phenomena or some sort of black inky shape thing.

I am unsure what I'd say I've witnessed but on two of the three occasions they have been superficially human shaped. Or had the silhouette of a person. The other one I think I just called it a "Thing," to my coworker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    These are based on opinions, based on texts from the Bible, lore and what some have perceived to be right. Your last point really fits most people.
    No, your first sentence contradicts the second. You have said nothing to qualify ghosts in the realm of realism. making your last comment a contradiction, based on the explanation of the first. In fact, it would be accurate if you had 'doesn't', instead of really.

It still boils down to what a person believes. Of course belief in something is never proof for those who do not believe in the subject matter of ghosts. For those who do, it does not matter however. Their belief in them is not based on the opinion of others disbelieving them.
    No, it doesn't. Things I believe are real, do not have to be real. My opinion is not what separates reality and imagination. What you are talking about is liberal arts, what I am saying is science.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Of course I believe in ghosts. Movies, books and games are full of them. You cant deny their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why couldn't ghost aliens exist, and visit us?

Checkmate.
    So are you for or against the notion? Maybe they're both right beside you but you just don't know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did somebody say ghost aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Everyone (nearly) carries a camera with them everywhere they go. I would think we would have a ton of footage of ghosts / aliens by now if they were real.
    We do have a ton of footage but people say it's been put through Adobe, every one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science can not prove something does not exist based on it's limitations, when the subject may be beyond the laws science would have to use.
    No, I am sorry. You have two major problems here. Science, just like any school of logic, cannot say something doesn't exist, without having any evidance that it can. What you are saying, is that I can slam my face against the keyboard and claim it's what ghosts are. We end up in the same spot of science never proving it doesn't exist. Here is an example:

"Njju" is what you think a ghost is. It's completley different. It's actually my farts. They are endless and lifeless. They exist outside of time and space. As a result, they omit a smell that only a high caliber spiritual healer can smell. People like priests, shaman, those who poses the third eye and ofcource mutants. Even though you cannot smell it, the effects are a lot like that toad omitting hallucinogens. You feel sensory confusion, such as bursts of conflicting temperature, self inflicted harm without remembering and visual deformation. It has even an intricate partnership with groups and power of suggestion. Because it's supernatural, there is no chemical trace, no second hand recount, no proof...

You are assuming much grasshopper.
    No, you assume way too much. To believe in ghosts or even feel it's a possibility, means that you assume that fundamental rules of just about every field of science is wrong. I am making no assumptions at all, which is why I don't believe in ghosts. That is why the realist wiki link... I have no issue with saying, 'I don't know'...

I'm not going to tell people what to feel, but if you ask... I'm sorry to be blunt...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Yes and I believe in god as well.

I never believed until I saw this footage.
    Fucking crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you saw a UFO. I saw something similar a long time ago at night, driving home from work. Only it had a very large, strong light coming out of it and shinning on the ground in a large fenced in pasture. And the light was moving around, as if it was looking for something. I was driving and slowed down and rolled down my window, thinking it was a helicopter. It was not making a sound at all and then disappeared into the night. What it was I do not know. Could have been a stealth helicopter I guess. *shrugs.
    UFO, unlike ghosts, is actually not something that even requires proof. Seeing a UFO is very understandable thing. After all, there are 3 qualifiers:

You cannot identify it.
    It was "flying" (this is somewhat of a variable if taken litteraly, but it means all forms of maintaing being in the air. Hovering, floating, moving, stationary are all included. Propulsion is not required.)
    It was some sort of object.

With those three, you are litteraly saying you saw something that flies and you don't know what it is. The same for ghosts would be UO, an unidentified object. Calling it a ghost, is like a calling a UFO, an alien space ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am expecting you to use the standard definition of English words, which is not an unreasonable expectation.
    First laugh of the day... Thank you very much!

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe it in the possibility of ghosts, in fact I'm pretty sure when I was a kid I seen one in my bedroom window when I got home one afternoon. Rushed up to see what it was, nothing was there and we didn't have any indoor pets at that time. Years later I was having a conversation with my parents and it was the first time I brought up that I had seen a face in that window. My mom, who grew up in the same house said when she was growing up had seen a face in the same window and had never mentioned it to anyone.

By no means is this proof, just odd that two people 20 years apart would see something similar.

I do however strongly believe in people having psychic abilities. I personally have on multiple occasions had extremely vivid dreams that are full sensory events, so real that when I woke I had a hard time convincing myself it was a dream. Somewhere later down the line, a few weeks, months or longer the events from the dream will play out in real life. They are never really anything important, but when they come to reality they are spot on to the dreams. In fact I actually had one come true yesterday while questing in Suramar. I probably had the dream in January about running through Suramar City as a Nightborne, having a conversation in guild chat with a specific couple of members. Only thing is, I hadn't played any of the alpha/beta at that point, and I didn't even join the guild I'm in with these guys until the 30th of August.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in ghosts.

As for "don't believe in there is nothing after death", the realm of the dead would be such a crowded place (imagine all the people that had died from ages past), also some of the people that died (Saddam, Bin Laden, Chinese dictator etc), the realm of the dead would be such a horrible place full of war.

Oh and surely human cannot be the only one that can remain after death right? There would be God knows how many pigs, cows and chicken' vengeful spirits around (but somehow people never seem to see them), and surely even dinosaur's spirit should still be roaming around somewhere?

If I believe in ghost, damn I feel sorry for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a creepypasta, but this is a really interesting take on ghosts

And this is an interesting take on what happens

Both are fairly long AF videos, so watch on your own time.

Yes. Because I am one......

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I am sorry. You have two major problems here. Science, just like any school of logic, cannot say something doesn't exist, without having any evidance that it can. What you are saying, is that I can slam my face against the keyboard and claim it's what ghosts are. We end up in the same spot of science never proving it doesn't exist. Here is an example:

"Njju" is what you think a ghost is. It's completley different. It's actually my farts. They are endless and lifeless. They exist outside of time and space. As a result, they omit a smell that only a high caliber spiritual healer can smell. People like priests, shaman, those who poses the third eye and ofcource mutants. Even though you cannot smell it, the effects are a lot like that toad omitting hallucinogens. You feel sensory confusion, such as bursts of conflicting temperature, self inflicted harm without remembering and visual deformation. It has even an intricate partnership with groups and power of suggestion. Because it's supernatural, there is no chemical trace, no second hand recount, no proof...

No, you assume way too much. To believe in ghosts or even feel it's a possibility, means that you assume that fundamental rules of just about every field of science is wrong. I am making no assumptions at all, which is why I don't believe in ghosts. That is why the realist wiki link... I have no issue with saying, 'I don't know'...

I'm not going to tell people what to feel, but if you ask... I'm sorry to be blunt...
    It is ok to be blunt. You explained your position very well. I do understand why you feel the way you do. You consider science to be the ultimate decider on matters like this. I happen to believe there are limits as to what science can do for man. It is however, a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    UFO, unlike ghosts, is actually not something that even requires proof. Seeing a UFO is very understandable thing. After all, there are 3 qualifiers:

You cannot identify it.
    It was "flying" (this is somewhat of a variable if taken litteraly, but it means all forms of maintaing being in the air. Hovering, floating, moving, stationary are all included. Propulsion is not required.)
    It was some sort of object.

With those three, you are litteraly saying you saw something that flies and you don't know what it is. The same for ghosts would be UO, an unidentified object. Calling it a ghost, is like a calling a UFO, an alien space ship.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about the UFO's. And what i saw, I have not took the stance it was a space ship from another planet, but something I can not explain to the extent I know all there is about it. Same for the cold curve. Not saying it was supernatural in nature, but odd it was only at that curve. There very well however could be a logical explanation which is not supernatural in nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree about the UFO's. And what i saw, I have not took the stance it was a space ship from another planet, but something I can not explain to the extent I know all there is about it. Same for the cold curve. Not saying it was supernatural in nature, but odd it was only at that curve. There very well however could be a logical explanation which is not supernatural in nature.
    "I don't understand what I saw, therefore what I saw is unknown to me" is perfectly acceptable, if somewhat frustrating, which is your stance there.

"I don't understand what I saw, therefore what I saw is a ghost" is bollocks, which is the stance some others have taken here.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Silent Hill confirmed.