Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    [e]
    Actually, there is another thing: weapon ilvl (relics). E.g. my MW staff has a few thousand int, which gets much higher with more gear, whereas the WW weapon has a very small amount of agility in comparison. Considering most abilities don't scale with weapon damage (only SotWL and auto attacks afaik), int classes have the potential to generally scale much better with their weapon.
    That doesn't really matter given your main stat/weapon DPS ratio will typically stay somewhat even after acquiring your 3rd relic slot.

Deleted
    Is there any data on how viable WW monks will be in mythic raids? I would love to main WW monk and so far in mythic dungeons im doing really well. Only beaten
    by a outlaw rogue from my guild on a couple of ST fights, we have similar gear (835).

However I feel that he starts to out perform me on ST bosses the better gear we get.

WW monks for mythic raids or go with my hunter for safe bet? I really like WW monk more than hunter, but I CBA play a class that's not really viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moshimo View Post
    Is there any data on how viable WW monks will be in mythic raids? I would love to main WW monk and so far in mythic dungeons im doing really well. Only beaten
    by a outlaw rogue from my guild on a couple of ST fights, we have similar gear (835).

However I feel that he starts to out perform me on ST bosses the better gear we get.

WW monks for mythic raids or go with my hunter for safe bet? I really like WW monk more than hunter, but I CBA play a class that's not really viable.
    As far as we've seen, the first raid at least has a lot of add / cleave type fights. Monk will be a top dog spec on those obviously.
    Don't neglect the 10% speed buff either, which becomes even more gold if you got the legendary ring (25% movement speed for your whole raid).
    My bet is ww will be more than viable for mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Moderate single target? Lol, maybe you just bad...

I've topped nearly every mythic 5man singletarget fight so far, got beaten once or twice by a rogue.
    Averaging 200k ST with 830 ilvl now (granted these are short fights and the dmg may be somewhat lower on prolonged fights).

I'd say we are in no way "moderate single target".
    grats man, now do that in a 6 minute encounter and you will see how good your pure single target is

Moderate single target? Lol, maybe you just bad...

I've topped nearly every mythic 5man singletarget fight so far, got beaten once or twice by a rogue.
    Averaging 200k ST with 830 ilvl now (granted these are short fights and the dmg may be somewhat lower on prolonged fights).

I'd say we are in no way "moderate single target".
    get to ilvl 840 and enter a long single target fight and show me how you be one of the top 3 dps
    the time will come soon , don't worry
    Last edited by Ahmy; 2016-09-05 at 08:33 AM.

I think this will be somewhat offset by Gale Burst though, remember everytime you get better gear, your abilities hit harder AND you get more HP, so ToD will hit a lot harder also. If you can line up an on use trinket every ToD i think our sustained will be pretty good also.
    Just think of it, witk 1.6 million hp and ToD on cooldown, that's ~15k dps on it's own, without gale burst. With heroic/mythic raid gear you likely sit over 2 million hp, plus Gale Burst scaling, i think ToD will do near 40k dps alone that way.
    Gale Burst is very underwhelming atm. It's not big enough to delay FoF and FotH, and if it doesn't coincide with them it's utter garbage. I would actually like it to be much shorter window with much bigger damage bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    grats man, now do that in a 6 minute encounter and you will see how good your pure single target is
    And you ofcourse know this because you have been doing all those singletarget 6 minute encounters already.... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmy View Post
    get to ilvl 840 and enter a long single target fight and show me how you be one of the top 3 dps
    the time will come soon , don't worry
    If you actually showed some data with this it would be a valuable post, now you are just spewing doomsayer bile.

I'm not saying we will be top dps in singletarget raid encounters or something, because there's no real way to test it, and the only sim that was released was already confirmed bugged multiple times.
    But all i'm hearing so far is "yadayada just wait and you'll see!", which is not constructive at all. You could be wrong and you could be right, if anyone has hard data showing something about our prolonged singletarget please share, otherwise please stop throwing random statements about how we will be bad.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2016-09-05 at 09:20 AM.

And you ofcourse know this because you have been doing all those singletarget 6 minute encounters already.... oh wait.

If you actually showed some data with this it would be a valuable post, now you are just spewing doomsayer bile.
    its not hard to find the data in google, but even with that data some people will say we don't trust this site and this site.
    and i know simulation is not the final answer to dps rank, but at the end simulation is not a hundred steps far from truth.

Well after a week or two you will find out or we will find out the real answer. (for now i am the same as you being first in single target fight while in few an outlaw wins the spot, the thing i can see the scale effects already.

Wow you're 103 and WW is so awesome while your 102-103 affliction sux man. That's some deep analysis right there. You better stick to WW then

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I play Aff/Feral/WW/Shadow and decided to start Legion leveling both Aff and WW together .. So to the title, I can't find a single thing wrong with WW ... At 103 I topped every 5 man I ran in damage .. Solo questing I pull everything and anything in range and POW dead mobs and me full health .. Now unlike Affi I need to use my mobility against big nasty elites -Affi just stands there while demon tanks half the map- which adds flavor to the experience

Looking at this forum I find the biggest worry the community has is that our weapons don't auti show out of combat Life is good for a WW?

Right?
    Monk is pretty great overall, the problem is that the popularity of the class is the lowest of all classes.

Personally tested all classes during the prepatch and tested Monk last because 'fuck Monks', right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    Gale Burst is very underwhelming atm. It's not big enough to delay FoF and FotH, and if it doesn't coincide with them it's utter garbage. I would actually like it to be much shorter window with much bigger damage bonus.
    Gale Burst is great in PvP, awful in PvE. It needs a buff, or a change like you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Monk is pretty great overall, the problem is that the popularity of the class is the lowest of all classes.

Personally tested all classes during the prepatch and tested Monk last because 'fuck Monks', right?

- - - Updated - - -

Gale Burst is great in PvP, awful in PvE. It needs a buff, or a change like you suggest.
    So what was your verdict after all those tests of 'all classes' as compared to WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So what was your verdict after all those tests of 'all classes' as compared to WW?
    WW wasn't actually a reason for me to choose Monk. It was mostly BrM and MW, whose toolkits I liked the most out of all healers/tanks (or more specifically out of all healer/tank hybrids).

I tested classes to see what I wanted to play, and Monk came out as the most fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. Very good spec and class. The best for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Good mobility. Perfect package really compared to other specs.
    Not to mention, completely controllable mobility. Warriors need a target...WW don't.

Deleted
    Big AoE dmg, need more Single Target dps and instead a little less AoE.
    A rogue in 810 gear could best me in ST with my 839 gear WW monk. (by just a little though)

Quote Originally Posted by WildGryn View Post
    Big AoE dmg, need more Single Target dps and instead a little less AoE.
    A rogue in 810 gear could best me in ST with my 839 gear WW monk. (by just a little though)
    I top AoE and single target against pretty much anyone I'm grouped with so you're doing something wrong. All about the same ilvl as me(847). Spare fire mages with lust ofc.

My only qualm with ww is that lust does literally nothing for us and pretty much just fucks lining up FoF/SotWL with clones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    I top AoE and single target against pretty much anyone I'm grouped with so you're doing something wrong. All about the same ilvl as me(847). Spare fire mages with lust ofc.

My only qualm with ww is that lust does literally nothing for us and pretty much just fucks lining up FoF/SotWL with clones.
    What are your stats?
    And what route did you take for your artifact?

I have 34% crit, 34% mastery and 8% haste.
    Taken the clockwise route on my artifact, so more AoE dmg instead of ST.

Quote Originally Posted by WildGryn View Post
    What are your stats?
    And what route did you take for your artifact?

I have 34% crit, 34% mastery and 8% haste.
    Taken the clockwise route on my artifact, so more AoE dmg instead of ST.
    34% mastery 35% crit 4% vers around 8% haste. I went counterclockwise because sck got stealth nerfed on ptr. Imo I feel like there is absolutely no reason to ever go clockwise. Only on trait 19 skipped tornado kicks and went for the FoF one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    34% mastery 35% crit 4% vers around 8% haste. I went counterclockwise because sck got stealth nerfed on ptr. Imo I feel like there is absolutely no reason to ever go clockwise. Only on trait 19 skipped tornado kicks and went for the FoF one.
    What is sck?

*Edit

stupid me, spinning crane kick, I noticed the damage decrease :/
    Last edited by mmoc1328f3d9c9; 2016-09-11 at 07:13 AM.

animations suck (WDP, artifact). fist weapons suck
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates