Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    personally i hate being forced to harm other people or creatures. i should be able to level to max and get fully geared without having to hurt anything. blizzard really blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Those graphs have been obscenely wrong since a ton of mythic raiders have multiple accounts(not just 2).

That would not necessarily skew the numbers all that bad since the number of mythic raiders is already the smallest portion of the raiding community (by far), so it would be about impossible for that to have a major effect.

I am not making the claim that the charts are the end-all be-all of raid data mind you... only that raiding is basically as accessible as it will ever be, so most people left out now are probably limited by a human factor.

There will always be a "pure pvp" crowd and the truly clueless "what is a raid?" crowd, but I imagine those crowds are fairly small.

On a general note, I do agree with Op. Let's take good, old Mount Hyjal. Don't know how many times I've done it, but probably 20+ times. You have to do the same shit every time. Kill elementals, kill 4 of those humans, burn the camp, kill more mobs, gather fragments for the staff, kill Baron Geddon. All other quest hubs are unavailable yntil these + some more steps are completed. And the Tanaan motherfucking intro... Thats my idea of forced questing - there is no other option.
    However, for Legion, I mind it less as you aren't prevented by level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Questing is fine. If you stick to the main story path it does feel very a to b. Once you finish it up and you are exploring around a bit more due to world quests, gatherings, or whatever else it is your doing you will find random 1 or 2 off quests scattered around each zone that don't serve huge purpose to the narritive but make exploring new places a bit more meaningful and explains some off the path places if you pay attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I bought the expansion, boosted my toon to 100 and then it took me about 5 hours to hit 110. What's so hard to grasp about that?
    how about next time not rushing everything?
    it took me 3 days to get the 10 lvls.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    In the zones I have done so far, the dungeons come at the end of the zone so in my opinion wraps the zone up nicely. It certainly didn't break the flow of the zone...
    This is exactly right. The dungeons are part of the story not something completely outside of it like in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Yeah the bonus objectives were driving me insane. Took forever and most of the time they were bugged or something so I couldn't see a progress bar OR the icon on the minimap so I had no idea what my progress was, just had to keep grinding indefinitely until it told me I was done.
    Ummm, you don't have to finish the bonus objectives. Personally, I'm not even trying to. If I get one through normal questing then fine but I don't hang around to finish them. Why is that you may ask. I want the leveling process to last as long as possible and those bonus objectives just give too much XP.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm loving all the questing and scenarios. The Exodar one was awesome and they have all been very good. I love cutscenes and the like. They have hit it out of the park with this xpac.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    how about next time not rushing everything?
    it took me 3 days to get the 10 lvls.
    3 days? And in play time that is...?

5 hours seems a bit too fast to be honest, I'd say somewhere around 7 would be normal speed. 8-9 if you want to read every quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I bet OP complained about a lack of things to do in previous expansions where you could just dungeon to max.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    i played around 9-10 hours a day.

it probably would've taken me less time if i wasnt sometimes just making a pause and staring at the zones because of the beauty.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post

5 hours seems a bit too fast to be honest, I'd say somewhere around 7 would be normal speed. 8-9 if you want to read every quest.
    Oh bullshit. You're not gaining a level or more per hour via solo questing. Quit lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    some people played beta and know exactly where to go, finishing things much faster. some things are just pure waste of time, like majority of beta players failing miserably to make blizz hold back this alpha product, but nooooo. Their addicts, unsure to what other than just more.. more... more wow. anything, wow.
    What are you even yapping about? I swear some people like to complain about utter nonsense just for the sake of having something to complain about. Plenty of folk in my guild and on my server who are able to moderate their playtime. What, do you assume every WoW player is insanely addicted or something? What are you even smoking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh bullshit. You're not gaining a level or more per hour via solo questing. Quit lying.
    Well if I can reach 48% into Level 108 in 25 minutes /played whilst also spending a lot of time running around hunting rares and treasures - which aren't worth that much XP to begin with - then logically someone who focuses on raw xp and questing, doesn't care about quest text, and knows where they're going should easily be able to achieve a level per hour. It's not bullshit at all. Particularly if they stick to major hubs and ignore time-consuming quests like Steelscale, etc

i cant remember when was the last time i had so much fun and things to do when i log in. personally i love how legion is going

I think they've always upped their game each expansion when it came to the leveling experience. Legion is no exception imo. Of course after the 3rd alt it will become a drag.

I don't know how long I'll feel this way as I've only been there on two characters. But holy shit I love Suramar. What a great zone.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Sometimes I don't get you guys at all. Questing is fine as it is. Short enough to not be boring, long enough to be entertaining and hard enough, that you still can fail. Btw. I played a char with quest WoD gear (had hit 100 before legion and didnt want to do the invasions) and the questing is WAY different ... you need more time and it's harder, because of the crappy gear. But still balanced.

Also I like how they tell the story, so that you get a feeling that this time they really need all powers of azeroth and beyond to kick the legions ass.

And if OP really wants a grind game ... play ragnarok online. First job at lvl 98 (99 > reborn 2nd job) you run around in a dungenon with a friend and kill stuff. All the time. For 0.1% EXP per hour. IF it runs smoothly. THAT is a real grind game and the quest system is horrible (still played it like mad back then before wow came out :P)
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    That would not necessarily skew the numbers all that bad since the number of mythic raiders is already the smallest portion of the raiding community (by far), so it would be about impossible for that to have a major effect.

I am not making the claim that the charts are the end-all be-all of raid data mind you... only that raiding is basically as accessible as it will ever be, so most people left out now are probably limited by a human factor.

There will always be a "pure pvp" crowd and the truly clueless "what is a raid?" crowd, but I imagine those crowds are fairly small.
    It really isn't is what I'm saying. The number of mythic raiders is actually a higher percentage since the other accounts they have both bloat the "non raiders" or the lower levels of raiding as well as making the overall percent of mythic seem smaller because of a larger total.

This is a game about questing.

It's always been about questing.

One of it's original claims to fame, as someone who was there day one, was that you could quest to cap and not have to grind. Before WoW quests were very fringe in MMOs, you'd just progress through the zones, find a nice camp and grind.

They didn't change any of the structure, just made it all more meaningful. Not wanting to do quests in WoW is like buying Diablo and complaining about grinding for loot or buying Overwatch and complaining about shooting.

Without any of the snark, I have to say that just quitting might be the best plan if you don't like quests. It's like yelling at Nintendo that Mario has too much jumping: it's not going to change.
    Last edited by Snackwiches; 2016-09-05 at 06:25 AM.

I'm not sure how i feel about the pre raid gearing/questing requirements in this expansion.

I kind've liked just getting to max level going straight to heroics - getting blue quality gear - starting raids with blue quality and getting epics from raids. I think their was some rep farming to get enchants etc but it wasn't as huge as doing all this pre raid stuff in Legion.

Now it's like

Get to max level - Do heroics to get 810 ilvl - Do mythics/world quests to get 840 ilvl + Including artifact quests/Order hall stuff - begin raiding. If i can't log on a particular day i just lose progression.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Except I'm not. Didn't level solo though, we where 3 in a group, making some of the quests go a lot faster. Also we all had beta access so had some practice. It took us the release night, was done long before the lagg started. Already got 3 days and 7 hours played at level 110.
    Perhaps it wasn't exactly 7 hours, maybe 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    I'm not sure how i feel about the pre raid gearing/questing requirements in this expansion.

I kind've liked just getting to max level going straight to heroics - getting blue quality gear - starting raids with blue quality and getting epics from raids. I think their was some rep farming to get enchants etc but it wasn't as huge as doing all this pre raid stuff in Legion.

Now it's like

Get to max level - Do heroics to get 810 ilvl - Do mythics/world quests to get 840 ilvl + Including artifact quests/Order hall stuff - begin raiding. If i can't log on a particular day i just lose progression.
    Not really. I am pretty sure most guilds that know how to raid, can do HC raid in ~830 gear, the raid is only 860+. It will for sure be harder, but not impossible.
    Also you don't really have to play every day, as long as you got your mission running (if you're still doing the Order Hall Campaign) and Artifact Research. The Mythics can be cleared in a day or two in a guild group rather early.
    And this is from a HC raiders perspective. I am actually out of things to do, and have leveled a second char to 110 already.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I did 3.1 zones to hit 110. Why is everyone saying you HAVE to do all quests? Sure if you ignore everything but main story I am sure you will have issues but then you are ignoring how the game was meant to be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate being forced to log into the game to actually get stuff done. I should be able to go biking, and have full mythic by the time I get back, otherwise the game sucks.

Perhaps the game just ain't for you anymore, you seem so focused on avoiding content I'm forced to question why you don't spend your time on something you enjoy.

There is specific story being told here, "random quests" would not work here, and I and the vast, vast majority seem to agree blizzard has done it right this time, and its not going to change for another 2 years at least.