Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you looking forward to grind world quests for the next 2 years?

From the developer interviews before launch:
    Artifacts are something that will continue to grow and evolve so that Artifact Power matters for the entirety of Legion.
    In other words, they will continue to add new traits, or new ranks of the hidden traits, probably at the same time as new raid tiers.

After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day? Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.

I'm Okay with this. better than nothing.

Oh look, you're whining.

Who knows what I'm gonna feel like doing a year from now. Unlike yourself, I don't "dedicate my life" to obsessively playing video games. Yeah, I don't HAVE to do these quests, which is exactly why I'm not going to the moment I decide I don't feel like it any more.

Yes, we always asked to have something each time we log in. There it is. It's new. It's nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked daily quests and I like that there is a variety: gold, resources, gear, artifact power. They're all different and you can pick and choose.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post

In other words, they will continue to add new traits, or new ranks of the hidden traits, probably at the same time as new raid tiers.

After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day? Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.
    Oh look, its another one of those MMO-C users who can't say anything positive about the game.

How interesting..

[..] Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.
    I can definitely live with that!

Deleted
    It is awesome. You can also do raiding, dungeons at different difficulties (mythic and +) world quests, order hall stuff , pvp - to get artifact power. As a dps class yes it is faster to do world quests for AP, but you are not forced to do it. Gather it the way you want.

1. not in other words, but in your opinion.
    2. when world quests get boring i stop doing them, but for now theyre quite alright.
    3. there are other sources for artifact power than world quests.

I think of AP as something you just squire over the course of doing other activities. If I get it, great. If not oh well. I don't think its necessarily something to "grind" for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    World quests are fine. I just wish they'd made it so artefacts were researched a bit faster.

Here's hoping no one will actually spend 2 years grinding these every day. They're fun, there's variety, but anyone planning to grind these every day all of 2 years have some problems and wow is not to blame, tbh.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

If you like Diablo, you'll love the new WoW.

No but srsly, one thing I never understood is why players don't just unsub and play other games if they're bored? Why stay subbed doing the same content if you don't enjoy it? Unsub until new content comes out. Not rocket appliances, boys.

Deleted
    I'm ok with world quests. I am not ok with artifact power. There needs to be a daily/weekly cap for it or at least some catch up mechanisms for alts and returning players.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-09-05 at 04:49 PM.

Perfectly ok with it. Were you cool with hovering over your bank discussing poli-sci in /2, or simply unsubbing for significant chunks of time in prior expansions?

I guess some players really didn't want stuff to do after all.

Better than grinding the same raids for 2 years.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2016-09-05 at 04:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    Oh look, its another one of those MMO-C users who can't say anything positive about the game.

How interesting..
    Oh look, its another one of those MMO-C users who can't acknowledge that WoW is anything other than perfect.

How interesting..

Yes. I thought 5.0 was one of the best periods in this game's history and was straight-up demoralized by 5.4's eternal "no dailies yay." This is what I've been asking for for three years.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

would've prefered dailies to the new WQ's, most of em besides the ones that give gear are just meh

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I happy with having something to do every day for two years and having something to work towards? Umm, yes?