Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm ok with world quests. I am not ok with artifact power. There needs to be a daily/weekly cap for it or at least some catch up mechanisms for alts and returning players.
    For the 10 millionth billionth time- their ARE catch up mechanics and they have said it over and over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Why do I need to be punished with an unrelated activity just because I want to raid? Having to do world quests is just as random as being asked to play an hour of Hearthstone or Overwatch every day so I can raid.
    You aren't being punished, if you wish to compete, it is in YOUR interest to reach to highest outcome you can. Now, you don't have to do it, but then you would think if it to hold you back. Sorry, but this is afterall a competitive MMORPG, some things will need to be done. What makes YOU think you need all on a silver platter? There is more things than just a raid to explore.

But then again, you're locked up in this being a punishment, so you might as well not take yourself as a competitive personality, and sit back for LFR.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't consider it grinding. Yes.

Since Legion's launch and the pre-patch even, people have basically been making posts where they bitch and whine about having shit to do in-game... Just stop playing if you're so turned off by the idea, seriously.

Why do I need to be punished with an unrelated activity just because I want to raid? Having to do world quests is just as random as being asked to play an hour of Hearthstone or Overwatch every day so I can raid.
    You can raid without them lmao. wtf? wich game are you playing?

I am not even grinding World Quests now. I just do the four daily for the cache, maybe a few that have nice rewards that I could use, and the rest I ignore.

Usually people are gearing their toon over a 2 years expansion ?
    So guess what, you'll do something similar with your weapon, plus, you're gonna gear your toon while doing that
    Fantasic huh ?

I absolutely love seeing people start to realize the grind they have designed artifact weapons to be.

Artifacts will generate the biggest cryfest WoW has ever seen.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Absolutely, it seems like a wonderful concept.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    No but srsly, one thing I never understood is why players don't just unsub and play other games if they're bored? Why stay subbed doing the same content if you don't enjoy it? Unsub until new content comes out. Not rocket appliances, boys.
    Because then when you come back, you've still got a bunch of crap to before you can do the new content. It just makes it worse later on.

Just the thought of all the grinding catchup I have to do before I can do anything I consider to be fun, is usually enough to make me quit again. Before tokens, it usually meant wasting $15.

Log in, do one run through LFR, encounter a group of a-holes who make the run as miserable as possible, realize I still have to run it another 20 times (at least) before I can move on, and quit.
    Or, log in, spend 2 hours doing dailies, realize I've still got to do them every day for the next month and quit. I don't enjoy questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm ok with world quests. I am not ok with artifact power. There needs to be a daily/weekly cap for it or at least some catch up mechanisms for alts and returning players.
    You snooze you lose, sometimes People need to learn that the hard way, In order to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    You snooze you lose, sometimes People need to learn that the hard way, In order to understand.
    It is supposed to be a game.

From the developer interviews before launch:

In other words, they will continue to add new traits, or new ranks of the hidden traits, probably at the same time as new raid tiers.

After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day? Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.
    not really though - those who pushed it hard are already closing in to soft cap where farming ap hard will be poitnles untill they get few more ranks of AK in few weeks

Deleted

In other words, they will continue to add new traits, or new ranks of the hidden traits, probably at the same time as new raid tiers.

After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day? Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.

haha, thou ist clueless, thou shalt not post if thyne don't understand systems.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    You can raid without them lmao. wtf? wich game are you playing?
    the one where nobody will carry undergeared players - aka mythic raiding ?

just wait till this reset to see first "lfm mythic dungeons must be 840" forming left and right - anyone who is behind a curve and dont have guild to raid with will be f... and have to do it with weak groups which will wipe a lot more then good groups efectively wasting time that could be pushed into suramar or AP grind falling even more behind with each incoming week.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-05 at 08:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will do them a lot more when i can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    It is supposed to be a game.
    and if you slack, Join late or "Take your time" in this "Game" You will fall behind with no way to catch up, Just think of it as a race, With no end in sight, So be there at the start of the race is the best thing.

Games like Skyforge or Marvel Heroes are another good example of this practise, those who join today, will most likely never catch up to the top, Since it's an almost never ending progression system.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2016-09-05 at 08:09 PM.

Having played ....a long time and having played other games that are treadmills (CoD) that do not advance your "account" or do anything at all other than change the color of your rank or go up in a number ...., Yeah I am ok with this working on my weapon an entire xpac , thing.

Dungeons in general should give more artifact power, like double.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll always take too much content over too little. Especially as someone who doesn't do guild raiding.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)