Deleted

Should I return to Azeroth?

Hello guys and gals,

I haven't played the game for a while. In fact, I stopped playing competitively shortly before MoP. Before then I was a raid leader in semi-HC raiding guild. I quit the game after my baby boy was born.

I've played MoP and WoD only for short periods of time. Since my guild disbanded, I have only played casually, got bored, and quit playing after a month or so.

So my questions are:
    1. should I buy Legion?
    2. is it that cool? or is it just my sentiment towards the game?
    3. is Kazzak still overcrowded and unable to log into?
    4. is the game casual-friendly?
    5. is it as chore-full and tedious as MoP (gardening) or WoD (garrison/Shattrah)? don't mind dailies or rep grinding though, I love achievements
    6. is there a lot of solo content?
    7. if not, are there any casual/late night raiding guilds on Kazzak (1-2 days/week tops)?
    8. if not, are there ANY casual raiding guilds on ANY server you could recommend in case of my return?
    9. if not, is the "LFM <insert raid here>, whisper achi or no reply" trend still going on? -_-

Thanks for your time and answers,
    /cheers!
    Orfeni[at]Kazzak

Cant answer all your questions but there is a lot of solid solo content, there is a lot of to do outside hardcore raiding and overlall I would say it would be worth to go back even if you wanted to play the quests for story - which they nailed this expansion in my opinion.

Better wait 1-2 months and see what happens.

do you like diablo 3 gear system. if no stay away from the new wow
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Just keep on detoxing and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeni View Post
    So my questions are:
    1. should I buy Legion?
    5. is it as chore-full and tedious as MoP (gardening) or WoD (garrison/Shattrah)? don't mind dailies or rep grinding though, I love achievements
    7. if not, are there any casual/late night raiding guilds on Kazzak (1-2 days/week tops)?
    8. if not, are there ANY casual raiding guilds on ANY server you could recommend in case of my return?
    9. if not, is the "LFM <insert raid here>, whisper achi or no reply" trend still going on? -_-
    1. I can't answer that for you. Personally I really like this expac so far.
    2. it's way better than WoD and Cataclysm.
    3. probably not. smoothest expac launch ever.
    4. stupid question. moving on.
    5. You're probably going to spend a lot of time grinding your Artifact weapon. Everything gives Artifact power, so... do what you want basically.
    oh, and whatever you want. like ANYTHING AT ALL, you're going to have to go out into the world to get it.
    6. oh yes.
    7. N/A
    8. well. yeah, duh
    9. obviously

Sorry for the snappy tone in some of these answers, im tired
    I've no idea what to write here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeni View Post
    Hello guys and gals,

I haven't played the game for a while. In fact, I stopped playing competitively shortly before MoP. Before then I was a raid leader in semi-HC raiding guild. I quit the game after my baby boy was born.

I've played MoP and WoD only for short periods of time. Since my guild disbanded, I have only played casually, got bored, and quit playing after a month or so.

So my questions are:
    1. should I buy Legion?

Thanks for your time and answers,
    /cheers!
    Orfeni[at]Kazzak
    1. Make your decision based on the answers you get if you are unable to decide by yourself.
    2. Up until now I find the expansion to be the best since wotlk. Leveling experience was the best encountered so far. Areas are beautiful and I somehow feel the urge to explore and stray from the path between two questhubs - just to be rewarded with a small chest or a rare. Artifacts replace the max lvl talent you usually got and allow development after reaching maximum level.
    3. No clue, never been there.
    4. 100%. Even if you dont do DUNGEONS you can aquire decent gear via worldquests. It allows you to progress as fast as you want and by the means of your choice.
    5. You get a daily quest which requires you to do 4 worldquests of a certain fraction or/and in a certain area. You can chose the quests that fit you most, be it pvp, petbattles or collecting stuff. Those daily quests stack up to three times - if you cannot or don´t want to play for a day or two. Aside from that, there are very few daily quests and there is a daily szenario you can do. Nothing like the MoP gardening, but they took the garrison system, narrowed it down, simplified it and put it into the classhall. only few followers, only few abilities to counter. Mostly implemented to slow down the progress is important questchains like unlocking the third artifact slot.
    6. Do you regard questing solocontent? If yes, then yes. You never run out of quests due to worldquests. And some of the stuff you get is decent. Aside that, there of course are many new achievments and a lot to explore.
    7. No clue.
    8. sry, playing on a german realm.
    9. There always will be people, who just want to get thru fast or even be carried. It just wasn´t that obvious. Even in classic, if a raid was looking to fill up open space, you were required to have a certain gear standard. They didn´t have to write it in the lfr channel, it was blatantly obvious that you couldn´t join them if you were in questgreens or lacked general experience. They just started writing that, and this is my opinion, because they too often encountered fools who took mechanics on the light shoulder due to the raidfinder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    do you like diablo 3 gear system. if no stay away from the new wow
    this goes for crafted gear and worldquest rewards. raids have fixed values.
    Last edited by Valech; 2016-09-05 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    I don't see why people ask should they return, the formula is always the same. You level up, you do your dungeons and then LFR/raids then do whatever you want from bgs/arena/old content farm/alts and so on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandta View Post
    I don't see why people ask should they return, the formula is always the same. You level up, you do your dungeons and then LFR/raids then do whatever you want from bgs/arena/old content farm/alts and so on.
    That´s only partially true. Sure - the formula you described is always the same. You get from A to B. The difference is made depending on what you see on your way. And how comfortably or challenging you get from A to B. Or what exactly awaits you at B. That´s why some expansions are liked more then others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandta View Post
    Could you really do "whatever you want" in previous expansions?

All I could do in early WoD as a casual max-lvl char was:
    - do the fishing daily
    - do the Shattrah daily
    - send my followers on a mission and forget about them for the next 8-24h
    - pick up stuff in my mine/grind furs in Nagrand
    - wait in 1h long dungeon queue

It felt like I HAD TO do it to keep up with the game pace.

And trust me, I tried to be more creative and explore the world, hunt rares, do the old content, etc. but in the end the daily routine become so tedious I decided I don't want another chore to complete in my 'free' time, after I finally put my baby to bed after had day's work..

Deleted
    Dude, the game is exactly the same, just with different content.