Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can safely bet vengeance DH will be the mythic+ best tanks, they've literally every tool that makes a tank strong in dungeons (not to mention soul rending+last resort making you able to pull things no other tanks could ever try)

I don't think blood dks will be any good, the mobility is completly absent, the mitigation has a ramp up time, you literally can't sustain yourself, some mechanics eat your bone shield charges when they shouldn't, the damage is decent but nothing that would make them over the top

I'd prolly place brewmaster second because they still have an insane dungeon toolkit but i haven't tried enough prot warrior/pala/guardian to give a valuable opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    I can safely bet vengeance DH will be the mythic+ best tanks, they've literally every tool that makes a tank strong in dungeons (not to mention soul rending+last resort making you able to pull things no other tanks could ever try)
    Vengeance mitigation doesn't scale with damage taken, but with their damage done. So at higher mythic+ its ability to simply take a beating is going to be below all other tanks. Doesn't help that their only cooldown doesn't reduce the damage they take either.

On the upside, at least they're really good at running away from the mobs that they can't tank...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Vengeance mitigation doesn't scale with damage taken, but with their damage done. So at higher mythic+ its ability to simply take a beating is going to be below all other tanks. Doesn't help that their only cooldown doesn't reduce the damage they take either.

On the upside, at least they're really good at running away from the mobs that they can't tank...
    i think you are forgetting a skill called demonspikes which does reduce damage be it only physical, but yes healing is their main thing, but ive yet to see video of other tanks doing +12 or higher im sure this will change once they are live though

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    i think you are forgetting a skill called demonspikes which does reduce damage be it only physical, but yes healing is their main thing, but ive yet to see video of other tanks doing +12 or higher im sure this will change once they are live though
    Sad part of tanks that rely on healing, is that one affix that applies a mortal strike debuff. Afraid how that will affect my Blood DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I don't know but guardians seem pretty damn strong right now. Great AoE damage if nothing else.

Was in a dungeon and the healer switched from heals to dps midway through because the Prot Pala tank was healing the entire group for more than the healer lol.

8s cooldown on that Prot Pala heal. It's like deathstrike, except requires no resources AND can heal anyone in the group AND heals for more than any spell in the game. Crazy man.

From a Holy paladin healing POV, it seems to me like prot warriors are the best atm... They are by far the easiest to heal out of any of the tanking classes (DH being the worst), mostly due to ignore pain being a broken OP ability.

From my experience: Warrior is by far the best. Then Bear and Monk. Pala 3rd. DKs seem to be super spikey. Not sure about DHs.
    Last edited by SkyGlow; 2016-09-05 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Don't laugh at this; inevitably at the highest levels one will be able to reach in Mythic+ tanking will essentially be: Stand still with heavy cooldowns then kite. Mobility is very important, especially burst mobility that let's you open the distance
    Right, heavy cooldowns that - like I said - DHs don't have. All they have it meta, which is just a bit more max health and leech. You can stand there and take it for a few seconds while you burn through your spikes and all your health then your last resort, but that's a once-every-3-minutes-thing, and by the time stuff is doing that much damage to you it takes more than a few seconds to burn through. I guess at that point you can spend the rest of your time jumping around like a rabbit, but even that doesn't work on a lot of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    Yeah and that's great if you wanna spend half your time tanking and half your time running away. At that point, why bring a DH instead of any other tank?

Anyway, I wasn't saying DHs weren't able to tank mythic+, I was saying they weren't "safely the best mythic+ tank" unless all you want your 'best' tank to spend their time doing is running away. I figure even there monks would have them beat, though.

at a resto druid perspective after one week and all mythics: Warrior is king, druids are good, paladin and DK are OK, DHs and monks are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKraka0 View Post
    From a Holy paladin healing POV, it seems to me like prot warriors are the best atm... They are by far the easiest to heal out of any of the tanking classes (DH being the worst), mostly due to ignore pain being a broken OP ability.
    the good dks i have ran with can solo mythic bosses. I run with mostly dks pallys and warriors.

The thing is warrior and bears are really straight forward and very passive, while dh, monk and dks are very active and thus player dependant classes(paladin is kinda sitting in the middle), your feedback on heroic/mythic dungeons with randoms is close to worthless for these classes because your experience will be completly different with 2 different players

Historically being squishy hasn't been a problem for challenge mode tanks(monks were squishy in mop, dks were squishy in wod,still the best tanks), being self sustained and having massive cooldowns, utility and aoe has been one, the affixes may change some things , dks and dh will get hit hard by the mortal strike debuff and the necrotic affix eating bone shield for blood dks is just plain stupid, but while prot warriors are bulky and all they have no selfhealing, almost no utility and no gamebreaking cd

The thing is warrior and bears are really straight forward and very passive, while dh, monk and dks are very active and thus player dependant classes(paladin is kinda sitting in the middle), your feedback on heroic/mythic dungeons with randoms is close to worthless for these classes because your experience will be completly different with 2 different players
    If I run mythics with a random tank, then this tank affects my group. I don't expect pugs to be good. I expect them to be shit. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    the good dks i have ran with can solo mythic bosses. I run with mostly dks pallys and warriors.
    as a dh player i can solo some to a certain degree(helya for example i can solo the last like 10% but after that im out of cds) im sure both dh and dk will still do final at saving a possible wipe up until i say +6ish then thats out the window
    Last edited by Neudgae; 2016-09-06 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGlow View Post
    From my experience: Warrior is by far the best. Then Bear and Monk. Pala 3rd. DKs seem to be super spikey. Not sure about DHs.
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

Warriors are insane right now, my guild has been able to boost sub 800 toons through mythic dungeons solely because of how insanely strong the warrior tank is. If he knows what he's doing he almost doesn't need to be healed at all.

I'm going DH, purely due to the mobility/selfheal/general playstyle I find absolutely entertaining along with my Outlaw Rogue. From a casual POV I assume I'm completely safe playing Vengeance? Shame I'm a Female Blood Elf though, hardly look like a tank! haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

Warriors are insane right now, my guild has been able to boost sub 800 toons through mythic dungeons solely because of how insanely strong the warrior tank is. If he knows what he's doing he almost doesn't need to be healed at all.

How is Warrior so tanky? I looked at them and to be fair it looks really dull/plain... but I suppose that's the way forward now. I find DH a ton more fun, far more mobile/self healy, which is my ideal playstyle

Historically being squishy hasn't been a problem for challenge mode tanks(monks were squishy in mop, dks were squishy in wod,still the best tanks), being self sustained and having massive cooldowns, utility and aoe has been one, the affixes may change some things , dks and dh will get hit hard by the mortal strike debuff and the necrotic affix eating bone shield for blood dks is just plain stupid, but while prot warriors are bulky and all they have no selfhealing, almost no utility and no gamebreaking cd
    DKs were not squishy in WoD. Don't confuse their mitigation taking the form of self-healing for them being squishy (unless they were in a siuation where they could just get oneshot). They were extremely durable; their self-healing making them effectively immortal as you could contrive to stagger the damage you took so that you took it in bursts, which let your self-healing self-heal away all the damage you took because it scaled with damage taken. Army was also the most broken CD in the game for 5 mans.

DHs don't have this luxury. Their self-healing scales with their damage done, which means that they self-heal for exactly the same amount in the situation where they take 10% of their healthpool in damage in 3 seconds and the situation where they take 90%. Whereas a DK would simply heal himself straight-back to full health right after taking that 90% just the same as they would if they took 10%, the DH instead simply dies. Or procs last resort then dies... because it's a shitty cooldown that's only good against easy content.

Also, DHs - again - don't have massive cooldowns (any strong cooldowns, really) or utility. They have an aoe silence and an aoe chain and that's it (you get the same thing out of a moonkin yet you don't see people waxing lyrical about how op moonkin utility is in 5 mans). Meanwhile, prot warriors, who you inexplicably assert have "no gamebreaking CD", have far stronger - and far more - CDs than DHs. Their artifact ability is actually a cooldown, for one. Then they have shieldwall; far superior to metamorphosis. They have demoralizing shout; far superior to metamorphosis. They have last stand, which is basically metamorphosis. They have spell reflect which is basically empowered wards, except sometimes it's a little worse, but sometimes it's a lot better. Then shockwave is spammable as fuck (though you can get someone else to do that, more aoe stuns rarely hurt).

Warriors have way more "broken cooldowns" than DHs; are way more durable than DHs; are almost as mobile as DHs; bring about the same utility as DHs. The only place where DHs have them beat is in very easy content (like current mythics, nvm. heroics and normals), where the stupidly-scaling DH self-healing outright makes them immortal. So, right now DHs are extremely strong - maybe the strongest tank - because all the content is so easy that they simply aren't threatened by any of it. But that's right now. A few weeks from now, you don't want a DH tanking for you. You want a warrior.

Unless they're nerfed, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    How is Warrior so tanky? I looked at them and to be fair it looks really dull/plain... but I suppose that's the way forward now. I find DH a ton more fun, far more mobile/self healy, which is my ideal playstyle
    I'm not playing a tank myself so I'm not too familiar with it, but the talk usually is something about ignore pain giving 3 million hp shields. But even outside of ignore pain it's really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm going DH, purely due to the mobility/selfheal/general playstyle I find absolutely entertaining along with my Outlaw Rogue. From a casual POV I assume I'm completely safe playing Vengeance? Shame I'm a Female Blood Elf though, hardly look like a tank! haha

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore Pain is just broken, a friend of mine lvled one as an alt to 110, at 800 ilvl he had 2 mill shields with Ignore Pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore