Deleted
    does anyone actually know a formula for armor and damage reduction?
    DmgR% = (Armor / (Armor + 7390)) * 100

Deleted
    so given an extra armor of 540 on average (850 version) it would actually give us around 4,3% physical damage reduction from (with a base armor of 2000)

Deleted
    Which Trinkets are you guys using atm? i have pretty much all of them having difficulty deciding on what to use.

Deleted
    The only reason healers are finding it hard to heal you is because they don't understand that we don't need to be topped. If you play correctly (100% uptime on ISB) there is really NOTHING inside mythic dungeons that can burst you down even 15% of your hp. If they try to keep you topped they will struggle, if they accept that it's fine to leave us on 50% hp then they are gonna have an easy time. I do however feel like we have to work pretty hard for it which I like.
    Last edited by mmoca678956ff3; 2016-09-06 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Meanwhile, I was just watching Sco's stream on twitch and he was getting his ignore pain up to 2.8 million while tanking mythic trash groups. Brewmaster is complete crap compared to this. Staying at low health is a stupid thing for any tank to have to do as well. That means you are 1 good hit away from death. It also makes your healer panic.

edit: he just tanked mythic ularogg and his ignore pain almost never dropped under 2 million

I can think of some drastic buffs to Brewmaster that would still leave Prot Warrior ahead (considered individually)

Ironskin brew and Purifying brew no longer share stacks
    Stagger is now a 20 second DoT instead of a 10 second DoT
    Purifying brew now removes 100% of stagger
    That would be so extremely overpowered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    The only reason healers are finding it hard to heal you is because they don't understand that we don't need to be topped. If you play correctly (100% uptime on ISB) there is really NOTHING inside mythic dungeons that can burst you down even 15% of your hp. If they try to keep you topped they will struggle, if they accept that it's fine to leave us on 50% hp then they are gonna have an easy time. I do however feel like we have to work pretty hard for it which I like.
    This is what most people fail to see, even at 15% there is nothing that can 1 shot you (nothing physical anyways) especially with high tolerance, so staying at 35% is perfectly viable, I've been doing some big pulls in mythic dungeons and yes it is difficult to stay alive, but you absolutely can, even if the healer isnt spamming you.

Maybe do some small pulls before you and your healer get used to each other? After that you can try big ones, that's what I usually do and works very well, you guys can know how to play, but if your synergy with your group is not going well...

I play windwalker as main, and have barely even touched brewmaster until now. I am currently 843 ilvl, and therefore very overgeared for heroics, yet still I keep getting whispers like "fck my life, a brewmaster" and "you still have time to reroll", proceeded by people leaving or trying to votekick me.

Are brewmasters really that bad? I know I am not the best brewmaster in the world, but this starts even before the first pull, and I am very overgeared for heroics.

I will agree that I take alot of damage compared to many other classes, even though my stagger is kept below yellow.

This has happened in every single heroic I have queued for with a random group.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    This has happened in every single heroic I have queued for with a random group.
    I'm sorry, but is this hyperbole? Every single one? I'm curious, are you playing EU or US?

I have done 30+ LFG heroics as brewmaster, and never received a single complaint about the class (not exaggerating here), so this sounds baffling to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kampen View Post
    I'm sorry, but is this hyperbole? Every single one? I'm curious, are you playing EU or US?

I have done 30+ LFG heroics as brewmaster, and never received a single complaint about the class (not exaggerating here), so this sounds baffling to me
    I have done 6 or 7 now, and yes, every single one. Might have been the 0,01%, but again, the reason why I brought this to the forums

I am playing EU.

843 ilvl with 6-7 heroics?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    843 ilvl with 6-7 heroics?
    Again, I said in the first post that I main Windwalker. So I have been gearing as dps with a guild group through heroics and mythics. I still lack a few trinkets, which is why I now queue solo for a few heroics each day.

Deleted
    guys dont believe everything, this just reeks of bullshit. For me as well, i have run a decent amount of dungeons and haven't got a single complaint at all yet.

The real problem right now really is, that healers panic when you are not at full life and don't understand that brewmaster at 50% is in the same danger zone as other tanks who are at 100% life, but if you run with healers you knnow just tell them and you will be fine

I feel like BM is very solid for 5mans, but if the general consensus it that they suck, that is concerning, as I like pugging/lfg and can do without the vitriol.. Fingers crossed that your experience is the exception, not the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    guys dont believe everything, this just reeks of bullshit. For me as well, i have run a decent amount of dungeons and haven't got a single complaint at all yet.

The real problem right now really is, that healers panic when you are not at full life and don't understand that brewmaster at 50% is in the same danger zone as other tanks who are at 100% life, but if you run with healers you knnow just tell them and you will be fine
    Chill. It was just a friendly question if this has only occured to me.

I can also add that I completed all the dungeons without much trouble, and healer didnt complain when we completed them. I was just wondering why I got the initial hate, and assumed it was something to do with the state of brewmasters as I havent been able to test other tank specs.

The only thing I feel we are lacking are a few more smaller cooldowns and some better selfhealing as we are no where near the other tanks in terms of soloing things. I simply dont spawn enough ox orbs to keep me alive against the "danger" world quests.

I simply dont spawn enough ox orbs to keep me alive against the "danger" world quests.
    What? BrM can solo 50 mil elites just fine - a u sure that u not "standing in fire"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkadzum View Post
    What? BrM can solo 50 mil elites just fine - a u sure that u not "standing in fire"?
    I am 100% positive Might be doing something wrong ofcourse, but it seems that my health just steadily drops down to 0% with maybe 1-2 orbs spawning.

I am 100% positive Might be doing something wrong ofcourse, but it seems that my health just steadily drops down to 0% with maybe 1-2 orbs spawning.
    Did you level up your BrM artifact? Obstinate determination is a source of endless healing.

I did not spend a single Artifact power on the tank weapon. I guess there are some traits that increase healing? havent really looked at it other than the active ability.

Deleted
    I can't believe that a 50 mil elite is doable with a brewmaster. I can avoid big hits, but due to stagger and missing selfheal, the ticks slowly kill me like an affli warlock...

So, they're going to nerf obstinate determination right? Last night (at 837) I ended up tanking most of the mythic dungeon bosses without a healer (there's something about goblin priests and getting hit by shadow beams of death), and was also able to solo a couple of bosses after my the rest of my group died. I'm able to pump out like 150k hps on average, like, this is insane.