Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is like this with everything, really. It is an inherent problem of trying to find a simple solution to a complex issue: you necessarily end up overgeneralizing and, in a sense, "nuking a garden to get rid of weeds".

Sadly, simple views on complex problems also tend to be quite popular among the part of the population that isn't used to complex thinking. That's why people like Trump, Orban or Le Pen collect such enormous support, even though their proposals are not based on anything that is real.
    Yet it's the exact thing you did. Instead of discussing a complex issue, you just decided to randomly call people who disagree with you "Xenophobic" the first chance you got. Because surely, if someone disagree with you, they must have a mental illness.

Also, implying any kind of action to the garden would mean nuking all of it. That's the very reason why the far-right is rising, because none of their ideals are debunked or debated, they're just hidden behind a smokescreen of dubious accusation, in hope that the problem go away by itself.

The "alt-right" is merely the nationalist wing of the "conservative" movement that was purged in the 60s for the SJW/Globalist alliance. We've always been around, and we're well on our way back into power (Front National, UKIP, AfD, Swedish Democrats, FPO, etc.). In short, if you wanted to classify the movement as something then you should simply picture conservative, liberal, and nationalist in the 1950s. That's what we want, and that's what we're going to get. We're done with the multiculturalism, political correctness, diversity nonsense, etc.. Y'all take care!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The "alt-right" is merely the nationalist wing of the "conservative" movement that was purged in the 60s for the SJW/Globalist alliance. We've always been around, and we're well on our way back into power (Front National, UKIP, AfD, Swedish Democrats, FPO, etc.). In short, if you wanted to classify the movement as something then you should simply picture conservative, liberal, and nationalist in the 1950s. That's what we want, and that's what we're going to get. We're done with the multiculturalism, political correctness, diversity nonsense, etc.. Y'all take care!
    K
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's also worth nothing that, in this case, it isn't their house. It's a collectively owned house. And if more residents decide they don't have a problem with that 20th person, the few who do can pound sand.
    Thats not really how the law works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Right. How the law really works is that it's the government's house, and you're all playing by the government's rules.

They can still go pound sand. If government passed an citizenship-granting full amnesty for all undocumented citizens, then they're all suddenly citizens. Those who don't LIKE that decision got their say, and were outvoted. The point is that, outside of a sole dictatorship of some kind, no one person is just deciding who gets to stay or leave; the "house" is not "owned" by any particular individual.

Right. How the law really works is that it's the government's house, and you're all playing by the government's rules.

They can still go pound sand. If government passed an citizenship-granting full amnesty for all undocumented citizens, then they're all suddenly citizens. Those who don't LIKE that decision got their say, and were outvoted. The point is that, outside of a sole dictatorship of some kind, no one person is just deciding who gets to stay or leave; the "house" is not "owned" by any particular individual.
    Well until they do, the undocumented and people that want to keep them flowing in can pound sand

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is like this with everything, really. It is an inherent problem of trying to find a simple solution to a complex issue: you necessarily end up overgeneralizing and, in a sense, "nuking a garden to get rid of weeds".

Sadly, simple views on complex problems also tend to be quite popular among the part of the population that isn't used to complex thinking. That's why people like Trump, Orban or Le Pen collect such enormous support, even though their proposals are not based on anything that is real.

It strikes me as a bit disingenuous when one side blatantly stifles discussions on complex problems and then turns around and complains about solutions being overly simplistic.

The associated mindset has always existed. The internet gives it a soapbox and a catchy nametag, and people tend to associate such things with "new", so now we suddenly deem this worth discussing, and giving it relevancy when it deserves none.

Anything to write articles on I suppose.

Why is the simple solution the wrong one exactly?

Tim:"We have a problem with Muslim refugees Jim"

Jim:"Well Tim why don't you deport them"

Tim:"Can't do that Jim its to simple a solution to our problem"

Jim: "That doesn't make sense Tim"

Tim:"Your a racist Jim!"

Jim: Isn't a Muslim a religious affiliation not a racial one?"

Tim" OMG like its 2016"

Seems like Jim has a workable solution to address the problems brought on by refugees to me.

I agree, if you sign a contract for a house together with others you would normally make sure that a supermajority or consensus is needed to add new members to the house.

Same if you part-own a company - just having >50% don't normally allow you add new shares to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I love that gif lol. Honestly not much more needs to be wasted on people like that .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Yeah your an extremist alright. Using soundbites like that which equate someone breaking into your house with illegal immigration.
    No, I'm just reading your statements verbatim.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    But given you are an extremist those things either don't bother you or you don't think there will be any negatives involved.
    A ridiculous assertion based on nothing I've said in the thread. I've said little here on the benefits or drawbacks of deportation. All I've said is that a sovereign nation has the right to enforce its immigration laws.

It's also worth nothing that, in this case, it isn't their house. It's a collectively owned house. And if more residents decide they don't have a problem with that 20th person, the few who do can pound sand.
    You are trying to place the question within more context than intended.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2016-09-06 at 09:56 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    When you say "We" where exactly do you mean?
    The Netherlands.

But I did make a mistake, forgot the murder of Theo van Gogh, over a decade ago.
    So it'd say we have been doing pretty good this decade.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-09-06 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    No, I'm just reading your statements verbatim.

A ridiculous assertion based on nothing I've said in the thread. I've said little here on the benefits or drawbacks of deportation. All I've said is that a sovereign nation has the right to enforce its immigration laws.

You are trying to place the question within more context than intended.

I would just put him on ignore, he will just follow you around calling you a white supremacist and the mods won't do shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Now we even got SJWs in the 60s? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why is the simple solution the wrong one exactly?

Tim:"We have a problem with Muslim refugees Jim"

Jim:"Well Tim why don't you deport them"

Tim:"Can't do that Jim its to simple a solution to our problem"

Jim: "That doesn't make sense Tim"

Tim:"Your a racist Jim!"

Jim: Isn't a Muslim a religious affiliation not a racial one?"

Tim" OMG like its 2016"

Seems like Jim has a workable solution to address the problems brought on by refugees to me.
    Tim is a scarecrow you made up in your mind.

No, it is not any more a workable solution than nuking New York City is a workable solution to the problem of crime in NYC. I mean, sure, it solves the problem of crime in NYC: crime rates will drop dramatically... How come no one has come up with such an illustrious plan yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm sure it does, you have crazies all over the place.

- - - Updated - - -

Tim is a scarecrow you made up in your mind.
    People like Tim exist, as do people like Jim that have no workable solutions just mass deportation of people based on religion.

The "alt-right" is just how the white nationalists are self-describing these days, so they can avoid being called "neo-nazis" or the like. Even though that's basically what they are. Their core ideals include heavy doses of nationalism and white supremacist stuff, including overt anti-semitism. See the above video, where he delves straight into Holocaust denial.

LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL so you were the one who wrote that wikileaks article. major flaw in your assumption. Milo is one of the main voices of the alt right and he is a care bear for blacks and jews. nice try though. maybe tell it to msnbc or TYT. they might take your description seriously

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The alt-right definitely exists.

However what a lot of people (Including Hillary Clinton -- which is pissing me off since I'm already only voting for her because fuck Trump) are doing is just lumping in everybody who dares to disagree with a SJW or a SJW mentality online or elsewhere as part of it.

I've been called part of the alt right by several people. Me, a gay man who voted for Obama twice, Sanders in the primary, and will be voting for Clinton. Somebody who is wholly against the death penalty, for marriage equality, for harsh gun restrictions, legalization of most drugs, and incredibly strong social welfare programs.

But, nope, I'm alt-right. Why? Because I dare to say that the Wage Gap is a harsh distortion of reality, or that Trigger Warnings and Safe Spaces are fucking retarded coddling techniques for children in adult bodies, that video games don't cause sexism, there's no rape culture in the West (Outside of when when the few examples are covered up like in Germany), and that The Patriarchy doesn't exist.

Its almost always opposition to SJW bullshit that gets you called alt-right. Regardless of how you feel or vote on literally every other issue.

Also a lot of people accused of being alt-right are just shitposters on the internet who get off on triggering retards who have apparently somehow forgotten the #1 rule of the internet:

Don't feed the trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

This individual is a perfect example of a joke of a poster who accuses everybody who disagrees with their SJW bullshit as being alt-right. And there are tons of them like this. Including Hillary Clinton.

tl;dr:

At the end of the day, "They're a member of the alt-right" is just the new SJW dismissive slur, since they've utterly ruined "You're sexist" or "You're racist," which really means nothing anymore due to their abuse of the accusation. Just like with those two, calling someone part of the alt-right is just what SJWs do when they dismiss anything disagreeing with them immediately without having to prove it.

I mean you see one of the most famous SJWs on this site, somehow still a moderator, doing it in this very thread. Regardless of how you feel about dumbass neo-nazis and their retarded beliefs, everybody will now be associated as those individuals because of just lazy generalizations.

And its always from the people who will IMMEDIATELY jump on any kind of generalization they disagree with. Like about the refugees in Europe, for example. Something the same moderator mentioned earlier has done many times.
    welcome to the center right end of the spectrum. where if you think one thing you are auto lumped into the right wing white supremecy nationalist racist bigot homophobic xenophobic misogyny

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    On the other hand I don't fault Hillary Clinton for trying to pin peoples dislike of her as a vast internet conspiracy to fuck with her. In a sense I think she is trying to do what the Social Justice crowd did with Gamergate, make it a boogeyman in the tradition press to be name dropped whenever something bad happens for the Clinton campaign.

She will probably run with this Alt-Right thing for the duration of her presidency and latch herself to the Social Justice crowd (However superficially) to create a powerful defensive wall.
    as long as mexico pays for it, that's all that matters

I would just put him on ignore, he will just follow you around calling you a white supremacist and the mods won't do shit
    Endus or Alex? :^)
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.