Thread: Demon Blades

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Demon Blades

There were much changes with Demon Blades. Must a DB specced DH watch out for autoattack swings now, if yes, is there any guide or addon? There was an addon in Classic for Arms warrior with autoattack timer for Slam. Now must DHs use it for DB talent?

I heard top pve DH raiders played with DB, is it true?

What is the dps difference between DB and Prepared? I know it is very small.
    Last edited by mmocc6cef94c36; 2016-09-06 at 08:56 AM.

dblades is less dps than prepared.

No addon to my knowledge, though Kib made a weakaura to track it's next time to proc.

DB is not no longer part of the "top" Raid Spec. Most are playing FM, Prepared, Bloodlet, Momo, MotG, Fel Barrage.

The difference is small the larger the target, however Prepared helps over by giving more uptime on Momo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    No addon to my knowledge, though Kib made a weakaura to track it's next time to proc.

DB is not no longer part of the "top" Raid Spec. Most are playing FM, Prepared, Bloodlet, Momo, MotG, Fel Barrage.

The difference is small the larger the target, however Prepared helps over by giving more uptime on Momo.
    What is momo and motg? And why Fel Barrage is taken? Isnt Chaos Blades are better for single target?

Is there a link to that wa addition?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Is there any calculations or logs, by how far is it better?

Momo = Momentum

Motg = Master of the Glaive

Fel Barrage is only slightly behind Chaos Blades in single target, by just a couple of percent, literally. When I simmed it, it was around a 2.1% difference, which was very negligible. However, as soon as one extra add is introduced, Fel Barrage is vastly superior. With dungeons being the main content at the moment, and with nearly all the bosses having extra adds, Fel Barrage is the go to.

Quote Originally Posted by fent View Post
    Momo = Momentum

Motg = Master of the Glaive

Fel Barrage is only slightly behind Chaos Blades in single target, by just a couple of percent, literally. When I simmed it, it was around a 2.1% difference, which was very negligible. However, as soon as one extra add is introduced, Fel Barrage is vastly superior. With dungeons being the main content at the moment, and with nearly all the bosses having extra adds, Fel Barrage is the go to.
    This and there is only two ST fights out of seven in EN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    But i don't like Fel Barrage and Prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    So don't use them... Unless you're raiding mythic or pushing high levels of Mythic+ no one should care what you take.

Then don't spec it. You'll be lower on multi target encounters but your single target will be fine.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-09-06 at 03:38 PM.

I hate prep as well, but the synergy with momo is too great not to take it and use it. DB works with momo, just not nearly as well as prep. DB works best with nem, which is unfortunately behind momo.

Quote Originally Posted by fent View Post
    I hate prep as well, but the synergy with momo is too great not to take it and use it. DB works with momo, just not nearly as well as prep. DB works best with nem, which is unfortunately behind momo.
    Nem and Chaos blades are fine for single target. They are a bit behind but not terribly so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So don't use them... Unless you're raiding mythic or pushing high levels of Mythic+ no one should care what you take.
    No, i can't play a spec, knowing, that i gimping myself by playing it

Demon blades actually has very good synergy with fel barrage and builds charges faster than prepared

No, i can't play a spec, knowing, that i gimping myself by playing it
    You're not gimping yourself by playing a spec. You're gimping yourself because you don't like the feel of a particular talent. And that decision is totally up to you. No one is going to like every talent they have in the game.. If you don't like the talent, don't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post
    Demon blades actually has very good synergy with fel barrage and builds charges faster than prepared
    I'm going to second this, I found my self rebuilding charges faster with Demon Blades compared to using Vengeful Retreat off cooldown with Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    You're not gimping yourself by playing a spec. You're gimping yourself because you don't like the feel of a particular talent. And that decision is totally up to you. No one is going to like every talent they have in the game.. If you don't like the talent, don't take it.
    Fatboss talked about a similar topic to this in a recent video about choosing a class, along with two other prominent raiders. I feel like it needs to be repeated.

Simulations (even when they are totally accurate, which they are not right now) perform everything just about perfectly, and cannot accurately simulate human error. If there's a playstyle you absolutely cannot stand to play or cannot play well, play the style that's a couple percent lower. You're going to hurt your performance even more by playing something you cannot handle or don't care to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz DH forums are chatting about DB outpacing Prepared now, has anyone tested extensively in dungeons to compare the difference?

Prepared is more DPS with perfect execution. Most people running that FOTM spec would be better off taking Demon Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    In theory.

If you can't play using prepared well then it won't be.

i don't think tracking auto attacks is required OP, they said something about proccing a certain amount per minute.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    Blizz DH forums are chatting about DB outpacing Prepared now, has anyone tested extensively in dungeons to compare the difference?
    I've been doing dungeons with the DBlades + Fel Barrage combo, and I've been killing it in both single-target and in AoE. Granted I haven't played without DBlades in some time, so I don't have a personal frame of reference for how I perform with each loadout, but I CAN tell you that you can absolutely still wreck face with DBlades. Don't let the naysayers tell you otherwise.