Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The police haven't officially admitted to those seven.

Given the figures, that number does seem about right, which is why BLM UK instead uses the 1,563 figure without pointing out that 90% are white.

Also 'police custody' is not entirely accurate, it is just a way to keep it simple, it is actually 'following contact with the police' and doesn't necessarily involve suspects, e.g. if you were run over by a police car chasing a suspect, or even by the suspect vehicle, then you would go on that statistic.

The whole thing is bullshit, we don't have any serious issues with the police killing people in the UK, that is true of all people not just black people.

This is a group that chanted "Hands up, don't shoot" to the Met though, so they may not be intentionally dishonest, there is a very real possibility that they are genuinely retarded.

The whole thing is bullshit, we don't have any serious issues with the police killing people in the UK, that is true of all people not just black people.
    "We" actually live in this country, and interact with police officers and members of the public. "You" don't. You are an expatriate. You don't know. Even when you did live here, judging from your tone I suspect you are one of those ivory-tower middle-class types that think all police are wonderful.

For any one who is curious about the actual truth here, the police in this country were, it is safe to say, institutionally racist in the 1980's. Due to a very sustained campaign in the wake of a murder of a young black man, Stephen Lawrence, by neo-nazis who were never prosecuted, there was some reform. The police have improved - this is not a statement many would contradict.

However, as with most police forces some people with far right or authoritarian views are attracted to the police. Persistent rumours occur of ugly extralegal methods being employed against ethnic minorities. There is no effective body to complain about the police and given the restricted nature of holding facilities impossible to verify any claims against them. For example, I have multiple credible stories which came from independent sources about prostitutes being raped and/or ethnic minorities being beaten in custody. Since these people were often known criminals, often involved with drugs and had no means of understanding or using the legal system to their advantage, it would be impossible for them to convince anybody such abuse had occurred.

So, it is a waste of time looking at official statistics which are compiled by the police themselves and no one should be looking at them as evidence of anything.

I will say this: I have had enough dealing with the police here to know they are completely useless at protecting the public, and are mostly a waste of tax money.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    "We" actually live in this country, and interact with police officers and members of the public. "You" don't. You are an expatriate. You don't know. Even when you did live here, judging from your tone I suspect you are one of those ivory-tower middle-class types that think all police are wonderful.

For any one who is curious about the actual truth here, the police in this country were, it is safe to say, institutionally racist in the 1980's. Due to a very sustained campaign in the wake of a murder of a young black man, Stephen Lawrence, by neo-nazis who were never prosecuted, there was some reform. The police have improved - this is not a statement many would contradict.

However, as with most police forces some people with far right or authoritarian views are attracted to the police. Persistent rumours occur of ugly extralegal methods being employed against ethnic minorities. There is no effective body to complain about the police and given the restricted nature of holding facilities impossible to verify any claims against them. For example, I have multiple credible stories which came from independent sources about prostitutes being raped and/or ethnic minorities being beaten in custody. Since these people were often known criminals, often involved with drugs and had no means of understanding or using the legal system to their advantage, it would be impossible for them to convince anybody such abuse had occurred.

So, it is a waste of time looking at official statistics which are compiled by the police themselves and no one should be looking at them as evidence of anything.

I will say this: I have had enough dealing with the police here to know they are completely useless at protecting the public, and are mostly a waste of tax money.
    Lol. Don't look at statistics. Take my word I have sources. Trust my feelings. Learn from my anecdotes.

This deserves a second lol. Surely you aren't being serious ?

Deleted
    I'm confused are our police racist? I ask because foreigners seemingly mention Rotherham a lot which suggests our police are potentially extreme the other way

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm confused are our police racist? I ask because foreigners seemingly mention Rotherham a lot which suggests our police are potentially extreme the other way
    Yes, and the black police officers you see are just whites who have blacked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend about a quarter of the year in the UK and you are the last person to talk about being in touch with the reality of a situation.

I was born in North West Kent and raised there and South East London, I have been attending football games from a time when hooliganism was a real issue, I am hardly a stranger to the police.

I was talking about black people dying in custody, Stephen Lawrence wasn't killed by the police and the police killing people has never been a widespread issue in the UK.

I was referencing BLM UK talking about deaths in custody, which are from figures compiled by inquest.org.uk, who are not affiliated with the police. Their figures, which are the figures these protesters are using to justify their actions, do not show any justification for claiming ethnic minorities are dying at the hands of the police.

So far you have vague rumours to back your argument, whereas I am using data from an organisation who are effectively anti-police, if anything they are likely to be inflated.

I wish they would all swim out the channel and block some boats instead

This to me kinda shows the racism that is inherit in our culture.

There is no way anyone would of tolerated the KKK doing shit like this much less defend them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    This to me kinda shows the racism that is inherit in our culture.

There is no way anyone would of tolerated the KKK doing shit like this much less defend them.

The KKK did much worst than disrupting transportation

Well they couldn't make it about violence. BAME people are under represented in police deaths in the UK. If a black person is murdered in the UK, it is overwhelmingly likely that it wasn't a white person who did it (in England and Wales, whites tend to murder 90%ish whites). Gang violence is an issue, and in many inner cities, lots of these street gangs are BAME, so they will get attention from the police- it isn't racist, there is an issue in the black community in the UK with gang violence, killing mostly black youth. Though the police don't always deal with it in the best way. Sure, the police were overtly racist 25 years ago, there there will still be some issues, I don't think anyone can deny it, however to suggest that there is a widespread problem in the UK is absurd.

So they are left to make out that climate change is racist. The Guardian put an article up supporting this idea. The comment section suitably dealt with the article in question- these are activists struggling for a cause, and clutching at straws to find one. That no black people joined them is telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Think you kinda lost the point.

Was speaking in the ever popular "current year"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the UK though.

Could you imagine the Church of England equivalent of the KKK? Instead of planting a burning cross on your lawn, they'd plant a row of daffodils.

Deleted
    Think you kinda lost the point.

Was speaking in the ever popular "current year"
    What do you want to happen? They were arrested

What do you want to happen? They were arrested
    I kinda want the public to stop offering support to retarded movements like this.

I know its asking a lot in the current year but wouldn't it be refreshing if rather then support these people were constantly mocked as retards everywhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want the public to stop offering support to retarded movements like this.
    They don't really have support apart from Diane Abbott and some bint from the Green Party.

I know its asking a lot in the current year but wouldn't it be refreshing if rather then support these people were constantly mocked as retards everywhere?
    Even the Guardian is distancing itself from them.

Deleted
    Climate Crisis is a Racist Crisis

I mean what?

Deleted
    So far you have vague rumours to back your argument, whereas I am using data from an organisation who are effectively anti-police, if anything they are likely to be inflated.
    Yes and I suppose you thought the stories about the police letting neo-nazis off the hook in the murder of Stephen Lawrence were "vague rumours". They were not. They were proven true.

I suppose you also thought the accusations levelled at the police involvement during the Hillsbrough tragedy were vague rumours. They were not. They were proven true.

I suppose you thought that the accusations of collusion between the police and other security services in the murders of Catholics by Loyalist thugs were vague rumours. They were not. They were proven true.

I suppose you thought that the fitting-up of the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six were vague rumours. They were not. They were proven true.

I suppose you thought that the protection of notorious paedophile and celebrity MP's by police officers were vague rumours. They were not. They were proven true.

I could go on. You have a child's faith in an organization with a history of the most despicable behavior, because you are an out-of-touch overprivileged white expatriate who reflexively believes the suggestion of authority figures no matter how many times they prove themselves duplicitous and immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

I spend about a quarter of the year in the UK and you are the last person to talk about being in touch with the reality of a situation.

I was born in North West Kent and raised there and South East London, I have been attending football games from a time when hooliganism was a real issue, I am hardly a stranger to the police.
    Please. You are embarassing yourself. I know firm boys, you clearly aren't one of them. And if you were you'd know it was the last thing to try and brag about for so many different reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the Guardian is distancing itself from them.
    The Guardian is about as left-wing as you are. It supported Nick Clegg for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Because they protested? You have a unique definition of "domestic terrorists"...
    They ARE Terrorists.

Even a reasonable Black Man would not join this radical group. Most U.S Citizens acknowledge them as terrorists. They act like one, therefore they are one.

According to BLM UK...

"Since the 1990s, 1,563 deaths have occurred in police custody or following contact with the police, according to the charity INQUEST. It says a "disproportionate number of those who die in all forms of detention or following contact with the police following the use of force or serious neglect are from black and minority ethnic (BAME) communities"."

What it fails to mention is that, of those 1,563 (currently stands at 1,571) who died from 1990 to 2016, almost exactly 90% of them were white (157 of the 1,571 were ethnic minorities).

And that the 157 ethnic minorities who died make up 10%, which is actually below the ethnic minority percentage of the UK, so ethnic minorities are less likely to die in police custody than white people.

Also, dying in police custody makes it sound like the police were at fault for them, however that figure includes all deaths following contact with police, so includes suicides, being killed by someone other than the police, medical emergencies and road traffic accidents involving the police during a chase, etc.

The actual number of deaths of black people that could be (but not necessarily were) directly attributable to the police since 1990 is...drumroll...seven.

That is about one every four years that might possibly be the fault of the police, though of course it does not actually mean racism was involved just because they were ethnic minorities that died, as that would not explain the white people that died.

BLM UK are tilting at windmills. They are embarrassing.
    You seem to forget that facts are oppressive and non-important at the same time since they don't give you oppression points.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    They ARE Terrorists.

Even a reasonable Black Man would not join this radical group. Most U.S Citizens acknowledge them as terrorists. They act like one, therefore they are one.
    Please don't do this. I don't like BLM either, but calling them a terrorist group only makes the term less valid.
    Last edited by Jofe; 2016-09-06 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could go on. You have a child's faith in an organization with a history of the most despicable behavior, because you are an out-of-touch overprivileged white expatriate who reflexively believes the suggestion of authority figures no matter how many times they prove themselves duplicitous and immoral.
    You've gone all Wolfie Smith again.

I know firm boys...
    Whatever floats your boat, bit Jimmy Savile for me

you clearly aren't one of them. And if you were you'd know it was the last thing to try and brag about for so many different reasons.
    I have never claimed to be in any, so not sure what you are on about. I used to go for the football, which was somewhat depressing in the early-to-mid 80s, I still saw plenty of hooligansim and had dealings with the police.

And I know plenty of old school hooligans who liked nothing better than to boast about their exploits, they weren't the mafia.

The Guardian is about as left-wing as you are. It supported Nick Clegg for fucks sake.
    They are a voice for the mainstream left.

Deleted
    Nick Clegg was ok till he became Cameron's fuck buddy