Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    People are out in the world actually doing content, and that's a bad thing???
    Not to mention class halls, other cities, and sharding tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed Dalaran being empty at all on either Zul'jin (full) or Bronzebeard-Shandris (low). Don't know what to tell you. Perhaps right now they're elsewhere playing the game or in their class halls. Especially since at 110, for the first time that I can remember, there's a lot to do out in those zones.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a high populated server and I noticed Dalaran is pretty empty too. Then I teleport to my class hall and see 345325345252542 people.

I had not considered this before, but Dalaran could end up being fairly deserted as the expansion progresses. Since there is no AH, it limits the reason to be there a bit when you have several other places that you can do one-stop shopping (possibly even including the WoD garrison).

This was always the case of course, but now you can have several stones on different cooldowns... garrison, old dalaran, new dalaran, regular hearthstone. So unless you are getting a stream of quests flowing out of Dalaran it is probably tactically better to set your stones closer to the questing zones and mostly ignore new Dalaran.

Will that be bad? I don't know... but there are a lot of people that love to RP in cities, and this might be pretty depressing for them.

It's all speculation at this point I guess, but could get interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone think ahhh lets see....Labor Day holiday ended...everyone is back to work today, Summer time is basically over now....a huge amount of players went back to school today in the USA....many players only took off a week from work to play when Legion went live......you know that thing called Real Life stuff.

Edit: Deleted.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-07 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    there is simply no reason to stay a longer time in dalaran...instead of forge or underbelly.
    take away the auction house in a city and the city will be empty...why would I organize my bank, mog my stuff etc when I am in dalaran when I can also do all that stuff in Orgrimmar where I can also snipe the auction house?

But my guess is that at a later point in the expansion there will be an auction house around dalaran. they probably just removed it because they feared an overpopulated dalaran could lead to problems...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    But my guess is that at a later point in the expansion there will be an auction house around dalaran. they probably just removed it because they feared an overpopulated dalaran could lead to problems...
    It's not like there weren't complaints about the lag in Dalaran during Lich King. Who knows? Perhaps there was an active effort to try and not have that happen again.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's not like there weren't complaints about the lag in Dalaran during Lich King. Who knows? Perhaps there was an active effort to try and not have that happen again.
    yeah but if I am not mistaken the auction house in wotlk dalaran was also added in a later patch...wasn't it? Can't remember, I have other worries than a "not crowded dalaran" atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    I think it has more to do with the whole no AH or xmog. I don't tend to go to Dalaran unless I need to go to my order hall, otherwise I'm still in another city so I can actually use the AH and change my look when I get new gear.

Corrected: there is one at the enchanting place. Still no AH, which is the main reason I visit cities.
    There is a AH as well, just only Engineering peeps can use it. :-P
    Last edited by rykon1459918; 2016-09-07 at 01:32 AM. Reason: derped hard

Yeah there's definitely a lot of sharding and phasing going on. I still see a lot of people everywhere though but I play on stormrage US so that's not unexpected.

They could also be in other places doing other things. There's really no reason to twiddle your thumbs in the capital city this expansion, or at least not right now. There's world quests, mythic dungeons, suramar quests and class halls. Hardly any reason to sit in a capital city.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-07 at 03:48 AM.

Lots in the Underbelly, lots in the capital cities for AH, and lots in their Order Halls. Upper Dalaran seems to be more of a crossroads than a destination spot.

- - - Updated - - -

I pass through Dalaran several times a day, but rarely for more than 30 seconds.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

If Tich is anything like my server, 90% of people in Dalaran are hanging out in the sewers trying to farm the rat mount. Dal just doesn't have quite the same appeal overall as it did in Wrath, with no AH or anything in this iteration.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing a lot of people in Dalaran, but honestly with everything going on in the world atm it makes sense for people to be anywhere else.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Check the sewers if you want to find people.

Deleted
    I hardly spend time in Dalaran, but at peak hours there are quite a few people there.