Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Massive Leather Nerf?

About 3-4 hours ago i was getting around 8-14 Skins per mob, now i'm barely getting 3, did they shadow nerf this or is my character broken?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Is nerfed.

By how much, this kind of makes my rank 3 skinning absolutely useless if i'm only getting 3 skins per mob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    By how much, this kind of makes my rank 3 skinning absolutely useless if i'm only getting 3 skins per mob.
    Why would it make it useless if it's the same for everyone? The demand is still the same, and will push prices up if less is available

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Why would it make it useless if it's the same for everyone? The demand is still the same, and will push prices up if less is available
    How much does rank 1 skinning give if rank 3 only gives 2-4

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt say the amount, but confirmation:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...es-september-6

Based on what youve found and what many other reporting. Seems its been halved.

so glad i sold off like 3k leather 2 days ago /s
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    How much does rank 1 skinning give if rank 3 only gives 2-4
    Probably gives 1-2.

Rank 2 gives 2-3.

Rank 3 gives 3-4.

Its not a hard concept to wrap your head around.

Probably gives 1-2.

Rank 2 gives 2-3.

Rank 3 gives 3-4.

Its not a hard concept to wrap your head around.
    It's kind of hard to wrap your head around the fact Blizzard would have ranks mean so little.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    more like its 1/4 of what it was, was getting 10-15, now 2-3 at rank 3.. mostly 2.. 2.. 2 skins for rank 3.. wtf blizzard? this is fucking bullshit

edit: wrong person quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra88 View Post
    more like its 1/4 of what it was, was getting 10-15, now 2-3 at rank 3.. mostly 2.. 2.. 2 skins for rank 3.. wtf blizzard? this is fucking bullshit

What you mean it is line with the other tradeskills now? That should have never made it out of beta like it did. But either way I'm buying thousands of cheap leather to resell in a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It's kind of hard to wrap your head around the fact Blizzard would have ranks mean so little.
    As is tradition with Blizzard. Small changes end up being gigantic leaps.

Its a shitty change and they went too far. Rank 3 should be getting around 7-8 similar to gathering.

Couple it with the fact you cant always skin due to other people tagging/not looting etc the resource cost behind LWing has now made skinning quite a grind.

Hope everyone saved their leather to sell.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-09-07 at 05:50 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra88 View Post

Yeah, same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Why are you glad about that? If the amount of leather you get from skinning is halved that should mean that the price of leather is going up. Or perhaps that was irony, guess it was.

Hope everyone saved their leather to sell.
    or pounced on the AH and bought up stacks of 200 at 1800g-2000g. Can't wait for a few days from now.

Well i hope they revert it to something more appropriate, nerfing it by 80% is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki79 View Post
    Why are you glad about that? If the amount of leather you get from skinning is halved that should mean that the price of leather is going up. Or perhaps that was irony, guess it was.
    /s means its sarcastic
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haha wow, this reset's nerfs have been so significant it made me re-evaluate my entire opinion of Legion. What the fuck is up with this shit, why can't they tweak stuff like normal people instead of hammerpunching everything into the ground?

Deleted
    About time - the proliferation of easy to farm leather was completely breaking the obliterum market. Farming leather to craft into cheap rank3 bracers, to them harvest for obliterum was stupidly easy/fast (15+ Obliterum per hour). Compared to mining and tailoring, leather was simply too easy to come by due to farmable mobs.

This change still leaves leather as the easily farmed option for making obliterum, but not as completely braindead as it was previously.

For comparison, while levelling my Skinner/LW I had ~ 1800 Stormscales and ~2200 Leather in my bags when I hit 110, compared to ~400 of assorted ores on my Mining/BS when he hit 110.

There was simply no way Bliz could leave it as it was - and nerfing down to 1-4 per skin is STILL a super easy farm compared to tracking down herb or mining nodes.

Deleted
    Oh come on this is just as bad as mining has had it since launch. 2-5 ores per node. 6-8 if we get a lucky seam, and that's factoring in the fact that our sources require alot more travel time.

The crying is ridiculous.