Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Would you support a patch, which makes a concluding end to WoDs story?

So after having played for a week now of Legion and enjoying myself very much, i seem to still be bothered by WoD to some extent. I thought i could just leave the expansion behind and focus on the future, but there is something bugging me about how WoD ended and how we players left Dreanor behind. And what about that botherede me? Well:

We never really ended the story in WoD. By leaving the story after Archimondes defeat, the story was kind of left half done. What was going to happend to the other orc clans now? What happends to Grom? With Gorefiend dead, what happend to the 1000s of draenei souls from auchindoun? What effect did the Sargerei betrayel on the AU draenei community? etc..etc..

So i got this crazy idea. What about having a 7.X,5 patch, which pretty much gave us an epiloge for the WoD story. It would not bring any dungeons, raids or any real gear-gaining content, but would just make a group of quests avalible for players to complete, which would show what happend in the months after Archimondes fall and how their rebuilding in coming along.

While i agree that WoD is a toxic area to touch again, i just really crawe a final conclusion to this dark chapter in the warcraft storyline.

So what do you think? Are you okay with AU Dreanor being abandoned and never seen again or would you be okay with Blizzard brining some lore content, which put the final lock on the AU story? If yes or no, please explain
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No no no noooooooooooo! No way, not ever, nope. Please gods no!

I don’t like stories left up in the air, but for WoD –I will make an allowance.

I think Blizzard really let players down with the expac as a whole and didn’t acknowledge it, in fact they tried to justify it. They knew that what the released was subpar on many fronts. The nod the made towards lack of content was too little too late and any form of apology now would seem forced. OK, they wanted to work towards faster content and it didn’t work but the way it was handled soured the relationship between Blizzard and a lot of the player base.

The levelling with WoD was up to that point some of the best we’ve had –undeniably but the hatchet job they did on the story afterwards really soured it. Even the cop out of the Legendary quest –there were some good story components cemented by collect 6 billion crystals just to retain your attention.

To my mind, going back to Alt Draenor would be like visiting an ex after you’ve finished squabbling over who gets to keep the cat. I’m happy with what we have now and want to move forward, I don’t want to be reminded of the dark times. Plus the thought of hearing Yrels voice ‘togezzzer in de laight we are wunnnn’ –lets just say after months of farming HFC, I can’t be held responsible for my actions.

–I would rather close the proverbial book on WoD. –Unless they come up with a patch that turns it into a bad dream or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    So what do you think? Are you okay with AU Dreanor being abandoned and never seen again or would you be okay with Blizzard brining some lore content, which put the final lock on the AU story? If yes or no, please explain
    Before WoD even started, I was of the opinion that there was real potential there. They could have done so much with Kairozdormu and the birth of the Infinites, for one thing. And there are other interesting directions that they could have gone.

But what we got was, of course, what we got. My biggest disappointment was the fact that Kairoz was straight-up removed from the scene before the expansion even started.

So as to the question. Yes I am OK with AU Draenor being left as it is, because I mean since the story there isn't that complex to begin with and IMO with Garrosh being killed, Grommash graciously accepting the fact that he was played for a fool, and Gul'dan being tossed into our Azeroth -- there aren't any major loose ends the need to be tied up. At least none that bother me enough to want to go back there for any reason except to farm crafting mats, maybe, at some future date, or to solo run the old dungeon/raid content.

As long as it's a quest to detonate a mana bomb and leave then yes

Patch? No way.

Short story? Maybe, if it includes the part about Grom and his iron troops rotting in the prisons of Shattrah.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i could care less what happens in another Universe

Deleted
    Oh yes!
    Khadgar comes and says "I need 6000 orc toenail, go forth hero!". Can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I don't care what happens to that timeline. I'm pretty sure most of us don't. Leave them to their own devices and we can just assume what happens, wherein I hope Grom gets some sort of trial and sentence for causing the whole issue in the first place...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    –lets just say after months of farming HFC, I can’t be held responsible for my actions.
    There's your problem with WoD, you've burned yourself out. Stop putting the blame on WoD itself.

I don't see the point in going back to Draenor so soon though, lots of people are burned out on it. But a short story could make sense, since that's optional.

And I'd love to see some of Draenor's characters make their way to Azeroth, it only makes sense to continue. Just ignoring them and pretending it never happened (as some forum users say they want) doesn't make sense and would only hurt the story. You can't say an entire expansion never happened. Come on people! Lots of people complain about "lorelol" but at the same time they approve of forgetting an entire expansion, anyone see the hypocrisy?

The one thing I regret about the WoD story is not doing more with the Botani and Primals. They felt like such a cool new threat; usually in WoW the forest is always endangered or corrupted by something, and you have to defend it, but this time the plants were ominous and invasive, and they could take over YOU.

Would have like to explore that theme more, especially since I don't think the Kirin Tor and Stormwind were the best choices as opponents to this threat (at least thematically speaking), but I guess I'll have to be content with the Nightmare instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    So as to the question. Yes I am OK with AU Draenor being left as it is, because I mean since the story there isn't that complex to begin with and IMO with Garrosh being killed, Grommash graciously accepting the fact that he was played for a fool, and Gul'dan being tossed into our Azeroth -- there aren't any major loose ends the need to be tied up. At least none that bother me enough to want to go back there for any reason except to farm crafting mats, maybe, at some future date, or to solo run the old dungeon/raid content.
    For now, perhaps. But a character like Grommash can't just be ignored. He has a future.

In my opinion he needs to come to Azeroth and accomplish that which Garrosh couldn't, anyone see the paralel storyline with Garrosh coming to Azeroth after TBC? But this time let him become a hero, the storyline for Garrosh that was scrapped with the release of MoP. And let's be honest here, the Orcs lost a huge amount of forces with SoO, as well as the Horde losing Garrosh & Vol'jin. They could use some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a patch, a quest perhaps, or scenario.

Maybe we could get Illidan to do what he has done on the portal of the Nathrezin planet on Draenor's portal, just to blow up that entire reality and erase WoD from our memories.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    For now, perhaps. But a character like Grommash can't just be ignored. He has a future.

In my opinion he needs to come to Azeroth and accomplish that which Garrosh couldn't, anyone see the paralel storyline with Garrosh coming to Azeroth after TBC? But this time let him become a hero, the storyline for Garrosh that was scrapped with the release of MoP. And let's be honest here, the Orcs lost a huge amount of forces with SoO, as well as the Horde losing Garrosh & Vol'jin. They could use some love.
    Grommash was kind of made to be a big personality in WoD, but he was very quickly pulled back to be a minor character. I agree, that there was some potential in Grom for him to be a mirror of the old great hero, but to quote Gul'dan "I am not him! What my past self did has nothing to do with me!".

What Grom was in our timeline is not who AU Grom is. AU Grom lost his war and proberly also his position as leader of anything. He is pretty much unreedemable right now, since he has done a hundred bad things and only 1 good thing. The only reason why he should be brought to Azeroth is becuase he should serve jail time here.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My criticism of WoD is nothing to do with burn out, potentially it could have delivered unfortunately whether it was budgetary reasons or lack of time a lot of things got cut out -which made for a poorer expansion for us all. There was a lot of good stuff in there but there were far more wasted opportunities.

I would care more about the characters, if there weren't so many abrupt changes. Grom, in less than a paragraph of dialogue went from being our enemy to being hailed as a hero once we'd put Archy down. That's really poor story telling. If that is not enough of an example, then look at the legendary quest line as I said earlier there was some story in there (and I liked it) but it was sandwiched between repeating the same raids over and over again to collect tokens with different names. Compare that to the MoP quest line where you had a variety of things to do (for the record, I hated the PVP element like many others) you can see clearly how far short of their own standards Blizzard fell.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

That kind of thing should be more along the lines of bringing him (and Yrel) into our Azeroth, IMO. Although to be honest, if we're discussing bringing "good" AU orcs into our Azeroth, I'd rather have Durotan and Draka, but then again, they still have a healthy clan to watch over while Grommash lost most of his -- so I guess Grommash it is, should it come down to that.

Short story should suffice.

A patch would be good a year ago.

It's absolutely retarded that Yrel says "If you ever need us, we will be here."

I'd say the Legion wrecking our shit qualifies as a need. Where is she?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Short story should suffice.

A patch would be good a year ago.
    Blizzard said they're leaving the people of AU Draenor where they are during Legion but they could certainly be brought back after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    That kind of thing should be more along the lines of bringing him (and Yrel) into our Azeroth, IMO. Although to be honest, if we're discussing bringing "good" AU orcs into our Azeroth, I'd rather have Durotan and Draka, but then again, they still have a healthy clan to watch over while Grommash lost most of his -- so I guess Grommash it is, should it come down to that.
    I agree and assuming Velen leads the Draenei to Argus, they will still need someone to stay behind and lead their people on Azeroth. Yrel is the only person who could do that because of how much lore she got in WoD. It could also be seen as a means of giving her more responsability. It could be explained as MU Velen going to AU Draenor and personally asking Yrel and the Council of Exarchs to lead their people on MU Azeroth while he goes to Argus. Could be either a story or even a quest chain.

If a quest chain, it would be about unifying both Draenei factions. The Azeroth Draenei gain the power of the Rangari and by extension, the Rogue Class. The AU Draenei gain the secrets of Shamanism as well. The Draenei starting experience + Bloodmyst Isle also changes: You are a young Draenei who just arrived from AU Draenor and are tasked with helping your people settle on their new home away from home. When you go to Bloodmyst Isle, you will work with the Hand of Argus to establish a new town for the Council of Exarchs: New Elodor When done with that, you are sent Azure Watch where you meet up with Yrel and Velen.

Velen tells you he's preparing to lead the bulk of their people to Argus on The Exodar and is entrusting Azeroth to you and The Council. He encourages you to meet with King Anduin Wrynn in Stormwind City, who Yrel herself has yet to meet. After meeting Anduin, word reaches you The Exodar has left Azeroth. Upon finishing the chain, when you return to where the Exodar was there will be a crater. A passing Mage will tell you all of the amenities that were in the Exodar including bankers and auctioneers were sent to New Elodor, offering to teleport you there. By the time you finish the chain you will be level 19 or 20.

For non-new Draenei and non-Draenei you can still do the chain starting with joining Velen on his trip to Elodor to meet with the Council of Exarchs to founding New Elodor and ending with seeing Velen off. Exodar Faction is also changed to New Elodor.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

No thanks. There's not much of a story left to tell, anyway. We butchered the orc clans, including almost all of their leaders and otherwise important figures except Grom and Gul'dan (who is in our world now and on the chopping block in the coming months), watched Velen sacrifice himself and prevented the fall of Karabor, slaughtered the ogre empire, slaughtered the gronn, and turned the Arakkoa story inside out. What would the story even be about? The Frostwolves sitting alone in Frostfire Ridge while the Draenei hang out in Talador and Shadowmoon?
    Last edited by Draeth; 2016-09-07 at 04:21 PM.