Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Thats 1. not what i asked for.
    2. Very ignorant. A majority of players does not participate in high rated pvp.
    3. Rated pvp hasn't even started. How would you know? From my 3v3 beta experience, shadow is great there. But again, that was not my question.
    1. It's the truth whether you asked for it or not
    2. The game isn't balanced around non rated PvP
    3. Almost nothing has changed since beta for shadow priests in 3v3

To answer your question in a non rated sense though: Poor shadow priest, can't do anything to fight back
    Last edited by Sin Cara; 2016-09-07 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    2. The game isn't balanced around non rated PvP
    Which is silly because rated PvP has been on life support for 2 years now.

Wait for 3v3. I'm sure casters will dominate like usual.

Deleted
    As a DK I can confirm this mobility. Wraith walk every 45 sec so much mobility, also it gets stuck on step, branch and every pebble.

Mobility?Its a new freature or something?

I am a DK i don't know such thing as Mobility.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Just some essential viewing [at least the first 5 mins];

My favourite part is the rogue eating a full fear while fully dotted and never dropping below 99% hp but drops the priest in seconds even through dispersion all while coming in top healing.

Soak it up boys, the future is bright

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I have a simple question for melee players:

What do you think the moment you see a shadow priest in random bg, skirmish or wpvp?

Please be honest.
    wpvp/skirimsh/randoms = irrelevant and do not mather for balance.
    Now do RBG / Arena with communication and significant healing. Now tell me again that shadowpriest, balance druid and affliction lock will do cleaving?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, what spec do you play?
    I mostly play Paladin(Ret)

Playing DH in Legion now but mostly Paladin.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A Ret pally says hello, i am not sure what game you are playing Sir, but Ret's do not have 100% uptime even on melee i am not even talking about casters lol...most classes can kite us, even UH Dk (who also does not have much mobility) can some what kite Ret. So lets not make topics with statements like melee have too many gap closers/mobility lol...some do like WW/Rogues/Ferals, but thats about it, rest of melee can be kited/peeled

P.S. I assume you play a caster, why are you QQing? Casters have higher representation numbers at high end RBGs/Raids/ and better part of arena seasons.

I assume you are making this post purely on Wpvp/ 1v1/ casual pvp situation but game is not balanced around those aspects of the game
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-07 at 11:30 PM.

lol world pvp. As a rogue i just run around with Jorach seal of the ravenholdt. If i wanna kill somebody, he dies instantly anyway. Theres no world pvp.

Deleted
    To ensure their dominance.

Blizzard favors them heavily.

Casters are not allowed to have fun.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-09-07 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, is anyone actually surprised that Holinka is thoroughly incompetent at his job after the resounding failure that was PvP in Warlords of Draenor? ... I'm more surprised that he still has a job than that he screwed up again.

@Holinka tryed during WoD to get e-sport going with GCDTV and failed! (e-sport is the huge commercial train Blizzard totally missed) It looks like Blizzard now finaly gave up and placed PvP behind PvE. Legion PvP looks reorganized to cater the PvE aspect of the game.

Wake up people, it is over!
    Last edited by Adolecent; 2016-09-08 at 12:02 AM.

It's NOT melee vs ranged. It's leather melee vs everyone else. Blizzard absurdly overtuned leather melee in every single aspect of pvp likely to not make them feel second class to demon hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's NOT melee vs ranged. It's leather melee vs everyone else. Blizzard absurdly overtuned leather melee in every single aspect of pvp likely to not make them feel second class to demon hunters.
    ^ this pretty much.

It's not melee are OP, it's leather melee classes being absurd at this point and I'm not talking about just pvp.

They're over tuned for both pvp/pve and although it is frustrating I can imagine nerfs coming once the raids actually come out ( since thats what makes blizz tune things most of the time).

Sorry I don't feel bad for casters, specially mages (oh sorry that you're not number 1 in the past 10 years of owning melee as frost), Locks had a good run every once and awhile specially in MoP with destruction and chaos bolts from hell. Hunters actually aren't face roll anymore with dis+2 deterrences and could kite you for days.

As for shammys you're the only ranged class I feel sorry for, you're the only caster class that hasn't at some point during WoW's lifetime had that moment when you were just annoying to kill.

Ghostcrawlers design philosophy of "being kited as a melee isn't fun" is still stuck in this game. Hopefully everything he ever did bad to this game finally goes away by next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    ^ this pretty much.

It's not melee are OP, it's leather melee classes being absurd at this point and I'm not talking about just pvp.

They're over tuned for both pvp/pve and although it is frustrating I can imagine nerfs coming once the raids actually come out ( since thats what makes blizz tune things most of the time).
    I am a disc priest, I can confirm it is leather wearing dps that are sending me to the graveyard several times a bg, huge damage output,huge stuns and interrupts and 100% uptime, pvp is no fun whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Not saying the game is balanced (never was imo), but...

This is the exact answer to OP (why (some) melee have many gap closers / mobility / utility). It's not fun being constanly slowed/rooted trying to reach your target.

To be fair, I'm sure it's quite hard to strike a good balance point between ranged feeling strong and having utility without alienating melee and vice-versa. But yea, probably it has been better before even though it was always unbalanced.
    It's not fun being constantly slowed/rooted? Yeah it's the equivalent of a person continually lining our casts behind a pillar or being out of range for an ability...but that's what the game is...positioning should be a thing again.

What was actually wrong with MoP Melee/Caster disparity? My melee mate never had issues getting onto a target....he would get slowed/rooted but it was my job to help him get uptime as a caster on his target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    If you dont like the changes stop playing , if you want to play then L2P everyone got a shit load of changes , i would love to have my enrage regen back but it wont happen, now i have to deal with it and play with what i got .
    Wow what an impressive post....

Your an idiot. "if you don't like the changes stop playing"

I'd rather argue with Blizzard about the changes they are making and hopefully try and achieve a balanced game instead of just quitting and giving up. Ofcourse your not complaining because your a melee and WoD has probably got you feeling that you need 100% uptime. It's disgusting. This is by far the worst PvP i've seen in this game by a long shot.

Basic logic has been abandoned by Blizzard. The decision making just makes 0 sense...you can't increase melee mobility whilst decreasing caster utility? It's mindblowing how Holinka gets this wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Wod balance was good, the game was shit but balance was good. Every spec (bar every pure dps specs, but even there most were) was viable in at least one comp to r1. I think holinka is doing a fairly good job overall, its not his fault if pvp is slow or fast (at least it wasnt in mop or wod), thats for class design. And if healers are tuned to heal a lot and dps are tuned to not deal that much damage then pvp is slow. And the same is for if pvp is fun or not, its not like holinka can turn a magic button and suddenly your class feels awesome and fun.

Pvp is mostly how classes feel and interact with each other, if class design is shit then pvp will be shit. If shamans get a wall on a 1 min CD for pve then removing that for pvp is fairly hard to push through. And im fairly sure the pvp guy isnt the one that can actually decide how classes are going to play this expansion.

Ashran (which btw could be very good IF you found a willing group of good geared people who actually wanted to do it + you had to have a similar group of opponents, but that happened in one in 100 ashran battles or so) was the only real failure of him.

We got catchup conquest which was super important because for the first time ever you werent screwed if you started a few weeks late into a season), no more teams, no more pve gear in pvp, every spec has been more or less viable since he took the helm, you could play with everyone in your faction and so on.

Just because its so important ill repeat it: In pvp class design is what matters most and holinka cant do much about that. So really, he has done a good job with the rest, bar ashran (which really wasnt forced upon you for the second half of wod).

If legion blows pvp wise, since i am quite sure that he now could actually heavily influence pvp talents and templates and so on, then you can blame him (to an extent, i dont think the pvp talents allow for super drastic changes to happen, you cant turn a legion mage back into a mop mage playstyle wise with them even if they wanted to do that, so if your class feels like shit to play, blame the class designers, not the pvp guy)!

But we really dont know much since the season hasnt started yet and we are mostly just doing bgs and double dps 2s, which arent very relevant balance wise (shadow priests for example have been horrible for that for the last 2 expansios, so while they were really good in 3s in them they would have looked horrible in a similar situation, so everyone back then would also have cried about them being shit and melee being king and so on).
    I disagree completely...when you have a PvP designer who just ignores any sort of feedback about anything then he needs to go. Like i just said before...the fundamental mechanics of the game make 0 sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    I seen this with Mop and Wod where Melee were very strong at the start.

Don't worry Harry potter cleaves will still dominate this expansion once arena's open up.

And I'm 100% sure nerfs will happen to some melee and buffs to casters.
    I think a complete overhaul of game mechanics is required...Casters blatantly need abilities back....Melee need to have some abilities removed. They aren't going to do that in a hotfix/patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    i guess u havent played a ret pally....also we dont do any serious dmg from ranged, u must be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    As a DK I can confirm this mobility. Wraith walk every 45 sec so much mobility, also it gets stuck on step, branch and every pebble.
    I really don't like the fact that i need to choose between a ranged slow or cyclone...It's like making melee choose between their passive slow or their stun.

Dk's have always struggled with mobility, i agree with that. I also remember when they used to hit like a truck if they got uptime on anyone. Thats their tradeoff. You can't have insane damage with mobility...Dk's are actually one of the more easier melee to somewhat deal with as a caster. You guys still have too many immunities/CC breaks considering how much CC has been removed since MoP though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    A Ret pally says hello, i am not sure what game you are playing Sir, but Ret's do not have 100% uptime even on melee i am not even talking about casters lol...most classes can kite us, even UH Dk (who also does not have much mobility) can some what kite Ret. So lets not make topics with statements like melee have too many gap closers/mobility lol...some do like WW/Rogues/Ferals, but thats about it, rest of melee can be kited/peeled

P.S. I assume you play a caster, why are you QQing? Casters have higher representation numbers at high end RBGs/Raids/ and better part of arena seasons.

I assume you are making this post purely on Wpvp/ 1v1/ casual pvp situation but game is not balanced around those aspects of the game
    What logic is that...So because a caster has high representation in Rbgs/raids then they should automatically suck in 3v3? Or in any given situation.

This isn't a post about me complaining about 1v1...although i've lost all the tools to deal with anything at all in a 1v1 situation as a moonkin. I'm aware the game isn't balanced around 1v1...But it was never this bad. Duels used to be fun. There was a difference between a good player in a 1v1 situation and a bad player. What we have right now is just melee domination. It's NEVER been this bad. Melee have been "strong" at the start of a season but they have never dominated the meta like this.

This isn't a post on Wpvp either. Their is a fundamental design flaw in the game atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Sorry I don't feel bad for casters, specially mages (oh sorry that you're not number 1 in the past 10 years of owning melee as frost), Locks had a good run every once and awhile specially in MoP with destruction and chaos bolts from hell. Hunters actually aren't face roll anymore with dis+2 deterrences and could kite you for days.

As for shammys you're the only ranged class I feel sorry for, you're the only caster class that hasn't at some point during WoW's lifetime had that moment when you were just annoying to kill.
    The only time i remember hunters being faceroll was when they had the 1 shot bug. This is a typical post from a player who hasn't played at high ratings. I remember god comp in the last season of MoP being very strong but not faceroll. There was a big difference between a good god comp and a bad god comp.

I remember season 14 i think where RMD mage/rogue damage modifiers were insane. It was strong but not faceroll, again their was a big difference between a 2200 RMD and a R1 RMD.

Feral/warrior tunneling my healer in MoP. It was strong but not faceroll. Even if my healer was a shaman we could still win with good coordination. The comp was our counter but it was a 100% loss to them. We had tools and strategies to deal with these comps.

Chaos bolts from hell...you mean the long casted spell that you should have Line of sighted...or atleast when the warlock used double coil with havoc...the cooldown on that ability was quite long so it meant that you needed to save you defensives or atleast get prepared for it.

I feel sorry for the players who never reached high ratings...the game was actually quite balanced once you got muscle memory and the timings of abilities down pat.