Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Legendary items are going to dictate the world first raid races.

Especially the Mage rings where you don't get the heroism sickness. So if Guild A has more legendary items than Guild B. Guild A is going to have a much easier time.

7+ Year Old Account
    so each mage gets 1 extra heroism, only if the first hero is used on pull... AMAZING right man?

and its not like all the guilds rushing for world first wont have legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

the heroism ring isn't even the best legendary for mages (unless that has changed very recently) But regardless of that I'm p sure most guilds are going to have at best 1-2 legendaries for the entire guild by raid week and the ones that do get beastly good rng are probably not in the world first race anyway, so.....non issue.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    1 extra heroism for 1 mage. For e-peen it might be cool, but overall dps isn't much changing by that. Guess the item with the casted pyros dealing 300% more dmg is overall more interesting (especially if it procs right before Combustion is ready).

legendaries will be disabled in mythic raids for the first few weeks so no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    the heroism ring isn't even the best legendary for mages (unless that has changed very recently) But regardless of that I'm p sure most guilds are going to have at best 1-2 legendaries for the entire guild by raid week and the ones that do get beastly good rng are probably not in the world first race anyway, so.....non issue.
    Most guilds have 1-2 legendaries by now.

You can be SURE there will be plenty of legendaries in top guilds who actively farm for them in 2 weeks. And they are not a small effect, they make a huge difference when you got a few of them on your team.

Especially if you are lucky enough that your MT or healers got them.

Using a legendary as an example when its not even the best legendary for the spec. lul.

Last race was dictated by BMAH and server hopping.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    please my sides. This shit is beyond hilarious. Not only can you not raid untill 20 days after the expansion, but the welfare legendarys that they are handing out to everyone will be deactivated durring raiding?

And nothing of value is skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    No they won't. They changed their mind on that.

But legendaries still won't be a deciding factor in the race.

They likely will. Many legendaries are ridiculously powerful, easily as powerful as an extra talent, and they are gated by the RNG. Even if your guild has the best execution in the world, if you have a couple people with no legendary or a poor legendary, you'll lose that edge-- and races are all about small advantages adding up.

I've got a couple of people in my guild each with 2 Legendaries. I'd say RNG loves us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Most guilds have 1-2 legendaries by now.

You can be SURE there will be plenty of legendaries in top guilds who actively farm for them in 2 weeks. And they are not a small effect, they make a huge difference when you got a few of them on your team.

Especially if you are lucky enough that your MT or healers got them.
    Even if your first line was true, which it isn't, most of the guilds that have more than 2 legendaries by then aren't going to even be in the world first race. So again, non issue. It will come down to preparation and skill, as it always has and it always will and not whom has the best RNG when it comes to legendary drops. Don't forget, the world first archimonde mythic kill was done with zero legendary rings in the group.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

But some people will most likely get benched because they dont have the ''right'' legendary and that is a kinda bad game design. Alot of the legendarys are bad, a few of them are really powerful, i can see the Rng being a big problem here unless they change something :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so each mage gets 1 extra heroism, only if the first hero is used on pull... AMAZING right man?

and its not like all the guilds rushing for world first wont have legendaries
    You mean as long as it's more than 80 seconds before the end of the fight ... then you get two.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You mean as long as it's more than 80 seconds before the end of the fight ... then you get two.
    unless your the only mage, then you will have to wait till you use your timewarp again
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    unless your the only mage, then you will have to wait till you use your timewarp again
    Or if someone else uses lust first and then you use yours second. Like a resto sham for instance

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    But some people will most likely get benched because they dont have the ''right'' legendary and that is a kinda bad game design. Alot of the legendarys are bad, a few of them are really powerful, i can see the Rng being a big problem here unless they change something :-)
    So you actually think that in 21 days (first week of mythic) every single person in a 20 man plus mythic guild is going to have 1 legendary? Because that's the only way that scenario is even remotely possible. I would strongly suspect that's not the case and the only guilds that will even implement that sort of bullshit would struggle to kill a mythic boss period, let alone be in the race.

Don't think that will be the case. Not because legendaries aren't retarded or won't have any impact on progression but simply because there is no competition for the actual world first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I would strongly suspect that's not the case and the only guilds that will even implement that sort of bullshit would struggle to kill a mythic boss period, let alone be in the race.
    Yeah using the players with the best gear - such bullshit .
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-08 at 02:39 AM.