Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was awesome. Definitely frustrating at the time, but looking back I can laugh at the fact I spent an entire hour chasing a moose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only one part is horrible because you might not want to try it alone. Everything else you will get as you learn the route.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that quest didn't have check points those mounts would be one of the most expensive mounts in the game.

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for you guys, considering you're getting a gorgeous mount.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't look up the quest on You Tube. Or notice the 10 or so leatherworkers at the waterfall trying to get past that step. You are in for a world of frustration on this quest. I know a person with crippling arthritis in their hands. They are also a top end leatherworker in wow. I am pretty sure this quest is actually impossible for them to do. So, if you do have a hard time reacting to rapid movement choices, save yourself the frustration and ignore this quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    I call him, Grandmooster Juke!

guess im going to be leaving this till i've nothing better to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The quest wasn't too bad, but it took multiple attempts to learn the Elderhorn's patterns, and it was nice to have checkpoints in the process so you didn't have to start over from the extreme northeast of Stormheim every time. It's gripping, very swiftly paced, and quite rewarding to complete - that being said if other mounts in Legion require as much concentration and effort as this one I might have a nervous fit at some future point.

My advice for Leatherworkers who haven't undergone this grueling chase over every subzone of Stormheim is to have the following three things prepared. Firstly, the leatherworking mount barding to prevent getting dazed while mounted - as the Elderhorn seems to have a perverse love of tramping through mobs you will definitely not want to get dazed lest you break the leash. Secondly, use the Fighter Chow food that grants 1000% out-of-combat HP regeneration - this will make the fall down the waterfall (the absolute worst part of the chase) survivable, as well as ease the parts where you're being chased but up to a dozen wolves, Vrykul, and other wildlife. Finally, mark the Elderhorn with a raid symbol you can easily see against Stormheim's palette (I like the yellow star or the skull). The Elderhorn will continually try to throw you off especially in trees, and the symbol will show through and let you follow it more readily.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    it cant be worse than that fucking stupid quest with the owlcat who refuses to go past the fucking bridge
    HAHAHA! I had to walk away from the computer on that one.

For how annoying this quest is it should grant you the mount for yourself in addition to the pattern to craft more.

Deleted
    Haha, i loved that quest! I laughed, i cried, I rage quited but got it done. It wouldn't matter if the quest reward was 5gold the satisfaction of getting the quest done was enough x)

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly enjoyed this quest.

It was frustrating to get the waterfall and the second jump part right, but it certainly wasn't so bad that I'd call it the worst quest ever. Far from it, probably the most fun I ever had doing things for my profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Really annoying that I get the recipe and can't make the moose because I can't max leatherworking until I find one of the rank 3 110 recipes.
    you can get one lv 3 for sightless eyes in the dala sewers, it's the fastest to get in my opinion, just a few minutes of clusterfuck in severs, got the 750 eyes you need.

best to look at the wowhead legion leather guide as i don't remember what recipe you get for the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Yeah, right.

Seriously?

Whoever came up with this abject quest is now invited to go fuck themselves.

Having just completed it, I'd like to tell anyone going for this mount to prepare themselves. It's an absolute horror show.

It's not "challenging", and it sure as hell isn't fun or compelling. It's a half-hour exercise in hair-pulling frustration where, each time you complete a section you think couldn't get any worse, another section comes along that shoves the previous title-holder into second place. I'm so traumatized, that I suspect this mount will forever stay in my bags; seeing it again brings me out in cold sweats.

Breathe...
    Git good. I did it in beta when it was 30 minutes without any save points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Git good. I did it in beta when it was 30 minutes without any save points.
    There's always one.

I actually liked this quest, but then again, it wasn't that bad for be being a Pandaren (less fall damage) and using the no-dismount item.

Took a few fair tries at some stages, and sometimes it was unfair as hell - like you are supposed to repeat some stages, because you could never have guessed that the moose would jump like that. Overall tho, I'm glad some of those recipes require quests like that.

It was more annoying to actually level LW to max.

Deleted
    This quest was designed by Malthe definitely
    No seriously this quest took away 2 years of my lifetime ... rage, hate and so on
    But once i got past the wet part (praise the palashield of a friend) it was quite easy and now the problem i have is leatherworking 800
    But ill love this mount.

I gave up at the waterfall.

Maybe I'll give it a try using the Fighter Chow food

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Maybe I'll give it a try using the Fighter Chow food
    That does make it dramatically easier. Sadly, I thought about it after relying on my demon hunter glide. >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    This was by far the worst quest I've ever done in WoW. Hell, it starts in an open PVP zone for no reason, so have fun with that depending on your server. The waterfall portion took me forever too. Seriously, screw this quest.