Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    You're really comparing apples to oranges. If Tirion had been a member of the Alliance for years and only left because he was forced to, and then continued fighting exclusively on the Alliance side, taking the side of the Alliance in conflicts with the Horde and then told Varian that he would follow him - then you would have a point.

As it stands, you don't.
    Or, y'know, you could just accept that Blizzard's lore is objectively canon.

But that might be too hard to do if your headcanon gets in the way.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    What the fuck? You do know WoW is a lot more Alliance biased than Horde, right? WoD is the only "Horde" expansion, all others were Alliance.

Deleted
    Lots of people posting without knowing both sides (broken shore betrayal etc.)
    Genn is literally idiotic because he just wants personal vendetta no matter what. Sacrifies a skyfire (god know how many troops) just to get the fucking lantern from Sylvanas, ffs. Wont miss him.
    Sylvanas is a crazy bitch that will do anything for the undead, so she does. She must be stopped sometimesm but being a Horde Warchief means at the end of Legion or starting a new exp she will become a Raid Boss or she will die.
    Neither Horde or Alliance are good or bad, but Alliance is the most crying faction, taking in account they lose so less in comparision to horde, and oftenly talking about "justice" = "will do anything i consider right even if hurts everybody".
    >Alliance player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I'm confused why you keep saying the Horde betrayed the Alliance at the Broken Shore. From Alliance's eyes maybe in the heat of the moment they thought that, but a sane person afterwards with Intel would see that Horde was surrounded and Vol'jin died as a result of the attack. Both forces were overwhelmed to the point they had to retreat.

The Broken Shores was lost before it even started.
    Maybe because they left them there to die and made off. Fleeing is ok, but if you are there on a joined assault, at least let the commanders of your allies, no matter how temporary they are, know, that you are leaving, and that they should do the same. Maybe even send some Val'kyrs their way and help them escape. But what they did was retreat without a word and without any showing of good will. Seeing the Stormheim cinematic and what Sylvanas did, I have no doubt that Sylvanas intentionally left the Alliance there in the hope that they would get slaughtered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    What the fuck? You do know WoW is a lot more Alliance biased than Horde, right?
    [Citation needed]

cant wait to raid Genn for loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Or, y'know, you could just accept that Blizzard's lore is objectively canon.

But that might be too hard to do if your headcanon gets in the way.
    You are talking nonsense. I just pointed out that Tirion is a character, with a completely different history than Thrall, and you spout some gibberish about lore and canon. What lore contradicts what I just said? Tirion is neutral, has been for a long time. Thrall isn't.

Tirion was a member of the Alliance in the past though, so I guess everything he did was Alliance related. He must have been very conflicted. Thrall fought alongside both the Horde and Alliance in Cataclysm. You know, after he left the Horde. Like Tirion. Or Illidan. Wump wump.

This is just like in The Mighty Ducks - "Once a Hawk, always a Hawk! You're no Duck! Quack quack quack quack!"

Is this where we fistbump? Or is that later? Do we do it with our left or our right, or does that depend on which hand we prefer to simultaneously jerk each other off with?
    you mean when the horde was at war in Warcraft 2 and he defended his home? ok? And later was banished because he saved Eitrigg? And then joined the argent group which IS neutral? Thrall did nothing in cata except shoot a beam at deathwing and needing both groups to save his ass when he got ripped apart by elements, so him "fighting with both factions" didn't happen.

fyi- tirion did help both sides and didn't favor either, thrall simply stopped being the hordes leader but still was with them, not being neutral.

Maybe because they left them there to die and made off. Fleeing is ok, but if you are there on a joined assault, at least let the commanders of your allies, no matter how temporary they are, know, that you are leaving, and that they should do the same. Maybe even send some Val'kyrs their way and help them escape. But what they did was retreat without a word and without any showing of good will. Seeing the Stormheim cinematic and what Sylvanas did, I have no doubt that Sylvanas intentionally left the Alliance there in the hope that they would get slaughtered.
    They both landed at opposite sides of the Island. She blew the Horn to call the Val'kyrs to help aid their retreat. Maybe she didn't have one to spare or maybe Greymane should use those canine ears to listen for a horn. Either way, I doubt it was malicious, just cold and she didn't care. Her first goal was to get her real allies out alive. Again, that's not betrayal, that's war.

Both sides knew the risks which was why Varian didn't say anything when Greymane said you should have never trusted Sylvanas.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    you mean when the horde was at war in Warcraft 2 and he defended his home? ok? And later was banished because he saved Eitrigg? And then joined the argent group which IS neutral? Thrall did nothing in cata except shoot a beam at deathwing and needing both groups to save his ass when he got ripped apart by elements, so him "fighting with both factions" didn't happen.

fyi- tirion did help both sides and didn't favor either, thrall simply stopped being the hordes leader but still was with them, not being neutral.
    So Thrall is Horde because he is an orc, but Tirion is neutral because it's different for humans? Both used to be members of factions that they later left in order to join/lead other neutral factions.

Thrall sympathises with the Horde but he's the leader of the Earthen Ring. He's neutral.

Tirion sympathises with the Alliance but he's (was) the leader of the Argent Crusade / Silver Hand. He's neutral.

Gameplay =/= lore. Basic stuff.

Honestly the only thing that went thru my mind was oh you gonna walk away like some kind of baddass you do not realize the ammount of fury you prolly just unleashed on you're dumbass. It's like do you wanna end up being a mid tier throw away boss cuz that's how you become a mid tier throw away boss. Also it wasn't just sylv he screwed over but the forsaken in general.

So Thrall is Horde because he is an orc, but Tirion is neutral because it's different for humans? Both used to be members of factions that they later left in order to join/lead other neutral factions.

Thrall sympathises with the Horde but he's the leader of the Earthen Ring. He's neutral.

Tirion sympathises with the Alliance but he's (was) the leader of the Argent Crusade / Silver Hand. He's neutral.

thrall is not 100% neutral.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    It felt very personal to me.

I am an alliance fanboy so I can't really say it's a very epic alliance moment. Sylvanas had him beat and could have killed him if she wanted to. He ruined her plans, but she spared him.

If anything it's more of a horde moment as it showed character growth for their Warchief, while Genn is just same old Genn.
    She spared em? Nah, it was more or less like so: "You foiled my plans? And you're gonna walk off? it's ok, that black arrow will kill you anyway, but as of now, ima wear my make-up and cry like a child, while listening to death metal band 05".

2 things happened during and after that cinematic, and not many people figured this out yet:

1. Even if genn had the black arrow, it'd be useless now, mainly cause of the fact that we took off the poison in em just in time, so....no death anytime soon.

2. Sylvanas is 170X WORSE than genn. Atleast genn didn't torture anyone, let alone kill. Jesus, sure, genn left his city secured and all, but...you'd do that too if there was a war going on, and you want your people to live freely. Like, jesus, does anyone here know about "Safety purposes", cause...well...that's what genn did. He wanted to keep his people safe, away from war. It was garrosh that ordered the killing, and it was sylvanas that did the killing. So, no one in the forsaken is free from vengeance, let alone sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Lots of people posting without knowing both sides (broken shore betrayal etc.)
    Genn is literally idiotic because he just wants personal vendetta no matter what. Sacrifies a skyfire (god know how many troops) just to get the fucking lantern from Sylvanas, ffs. Wont miss him.
    Sylvanas is a crazy bitch that will do anything for the undead, so she does. She must be stopped sometimesm but being a Horde Warchief means at the end of Legion or starting a new exp she will become a Raid Boss or she will die.
    Neither Horde or Alliance are good or bad, but Alliance is the most crying faction, taking in account they lose so less in comparision to horde, and oftenly talking about "justice" = "will do anything i consider right even if hurts everybody".
    >Alliance player.
    once again she doesn't give a shit about "her people", they are simply a wall between her and hell, her controlling and making more of the valkyr would just make her a threat

- - - Updated - - -

yeah no and no

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    cant wait to raid Genn for loot
    if you think he's gonna die anytime soon, then you're as delusional as ale.....I mean...Xavius. ....I apologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    thrall is not 100% neutral.
    But still neutral enough, to go back to the original point, for him killing Garrosh to not have been a "Horde moment".

Because that was a personal revenge event, and Thrall wasn't acting as a member of the Horde. Neither was Garrosh. Earthen Ring vs Iron Horde =/= Horde.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

[Citation needed]
    That was what the horn was for. They understood the horn as the sign for retreat. Also, that is speculation on your part, one that is clearly wrong.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

once again she doesn't give a shit about "her people", they are simply a wall between her and hell, her controlling and making more of the valkyr would just make her a threat

- - - Updated - - -

yeah no and no
    How is this a No/no?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah no and no
    Burden of proof. He is, and he does. Blizz says so. Your move.

But still neutral enough, to go back to the original point, for him killing Garrosh to not have been a "Horde moment".

Because that was a personal revenge event, and Thrall wasn't acting as a member of the Horde. Neither was Garrosh. Earthen Ring vs Iron Horde =/= Horde.
    This I agree with. Thrall in a sense IS 100% neutral at this point, allowing dwarves to wield his former hammer, and...well...that garrosh kill was for azeroths safety in general, not JUST for the horde.

helping the horde 90% of the time and alliance 10% of the time doesnt seem neutral.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor