Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fun detected!

Fun nerfed.

Aren't you grateful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    I do love the overreactions people have to meaningless changes.

Oh no I can't circumvent aspects of the game that I was never meant to be able to in the first place...
    Except that was literally the point of the toys. This was on beta for the longest time and now it gets nerfed?

Go give a friend a gift then take it away after a week of them enjoying it. Guess what, they're going to get annoyed. Hell, Brulfist Idol is 100% useless now thanks to the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Except that was literally the point of the toys. This was on beta for the longest time and now it gets nerfed?

Go give a friend a gift then take it away after a week of them enjoying it. Guess what, they're going to get annoyed. Hell, Brulfist Idol is 100% useless now thanks to the nerf.
    I guess I can understand that, I just use hundred of goblin glider kits anyway. Cheap to make and it makes getting around stormheim and highmountain tolerable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    I guess I can understand that, I just use hundred of goblin glider kits anyway. Cheap to make and it makes getting around stormheim and highmountain tolerable
    That's why I don't really understand the kite nerf, at least not to the degree it got nerfed. The Goblin Glider was already superior because it lasted twice as long. If they wanted more people to use the glider, they could've at least given the kite a 5-7 min cooldown at least. 15 just seems way over the top. It screams, "Hey, don't use this anymore.".

I just don't get the purpose of new toys when they decide to not just nerf it, but make it essentially useless. The Idol nerf was even worse. It doesn't do anything anymore. Gives you a very very slightly higher jump every 5 minutes... lol.

I think the issue with the short CD was that it lined up way to well with objectives. Glide to destination, complete quest, CD is over so glide to the next one.

A 15 minute CD is aggressive, but I think it had to be if they didn't want the glider to become a primary mode of transportation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    That's why I don't really understand the kite nerf, at least not to the degree it got nerfed. The Goblin Glider was already superior because it lasted twice as long. If they wanted more people to use the glider, they could've at least given the kite a 5-7 min cooldown at least. 15 just seems way over the top. It screams, "Hey, don't use this anymore.".

I just don't get the purpose of new toys when they decide to not just nerf it, but make it essentially useless. The Idol nerf was even worse. It doesn't do anything anymore. Gives you a very very slightly higher jump every 5 minutes... lol.
    Well, they're toys. It's remarkable when a toy has any practical uses at all.

The problem with idol was that getting knocked way up into the air wasn't just a silly effect to mess around with, as would have been the original intent. It ended up being a very useful thing because of how gliders can exploit the height. In that respect, they may have nerfed it that hard specifically because they didn't want that interaction to exist at all.

I guess when it come to being able to run from WQ to WQ with almost 0 travel time they have no leeway, they want us to ride through their world, which I understand too. I like the zones and running through, a toy I would like is water walking for any mount, I hate how the strider looks :PO

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Either way it's dumb to attack blizzard here and say they hate "fun" Wth was fun about this? it was clearly unintentionally overpowered and atleast there are still alternatives.
    People enjoy playing a game. The way that helps them enjoy the game gets reduced. It's pretty clear why people do it, although "Attacking" is harsh and anyone who clearly does that is quite over-reacting. Regardless, what was overpowered by it? I never used the damn thing, since the flight whistle proves its use. Plus, being a Pandaren lets me fall down many cliffs without issues.

How in the hell was the kite in any way superior to the glider kit?

It wasn't. The nerf was retarded and blatantly unnecessary and has literally no sound logic behind it from a gameplay standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    The problem with idol was that getting knocked way up into the air wasn't just a silly effect to mess around with, as would have been the original intent. It ended up being a very useful thing because of how gliders can exploit the height. In that respect, they may have nerfed it that hard specifically because they didn't want that interaction to exist at all.
    And now the idol is a jump on a 5 minute cooldown. Scratch that it's a worse jump because it freezes you in place. Such an amazing toy that everyone should go get!

The kite combos were extremely popular during early Beta. So I don't get why they even allowed it on live. But then again, hundreds of things that were on beta that they didn't want in live are still there... So there's that.

The purpose of the item is to shoot you high into the air. That's how they designed it. Why not... idk.. make it share a cooldown with the glider and kite if they hated the combo so much? At least then it would have some unique effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get why people are so mad about this. Go Demon Hunter, or Engineering, or buy fucking glider kits. It's not hard, this shit was too OP.

You can use that majestic elderhorn toy for 30% increased mount speed every half hour which lasts 10 minutes. Aswell as eventually getting permanent increased mount speed by keeping up with WQs/reps etc. Stop being lazy. It's a TOY, it's not supposed to be helpful in any way.

Either way it's dumb to attack blizzard here and say they hate "fun" Wth was fun about this? it was clearly unintentionally overpowered and atleast there are still alternatives.
    Those first two suggestions are terrible.

"Hey go reroll when the game is incredibly alt unfriendly or drop your useful professions for a useless profession that doesn't even do anything for you."

Why would you reoll Engi when you can just buy the Gliders? Prices for the materials are already jumping up just like the Gliders themselves.

this shit was too OP.
    Yes, the kite was OP despite being worse than the glider. Nice. Good thing you suggested a non-OP alternative which happens to be even better?

You can use that majestic elderhorn toy for 30% increased mount speed every half hour which lasts 10 minutes.
    That only works in 1 zone, and it's only a +20% speed unless you're guildless.

It's a TOY, it's not supposed to be helpful in any way.
    Wrong. Plenty of toys, which have existed in the game for quite some time, are still helpful.

it was clearly unintentionally overpowered
    Then you're saying that Blizzard is incompetent? It was only mentioned in the Beta... idk... thousands of times and it still made it to live.

i personally thought it was very generous some of the things they were making toys in legion. I totally understand the nerf on this thing. it was a shorter cooldown than the goblin glider which was silly.

totally right decision on the devs part (even if i enjoyed it a lot before the nerf). I just went ahead and threw my 3min CD engineer goblin glider enchant on my cloak after this nerf and went about my business, though i'll probably go back and make a couple stacks of goblin gliders and put my chute back on the cloak because sometimes its nice to just have an "OH SHIT" slowfall

gnomish gravity well + glider accomplishes same effect, if not better, but neither get nerfed, just some toys. k...

Who cares, just get a goblin glider
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You shouldn't need it more than every 15 minutes.
    I've had situations where I wanted to use my glider before the 3 min cd was over. That's BS.

You're obviously bitter about the nerf. Exactly you just made your own point, go buy goblin glider kits. Stop being lazy and wanting everything handed to you, you should have enough gold to buy as many as you want. 15min cd on a toy with such value is still fine, why must you people make this into such a huge issue?
    TBH, for me it was not only for the utility but the fun part of a toy.

Toys are worthless, at least 99% of them.

The thing is that they CHOSE to give us toys that made the traveling smoother which was fun.

Isn't a game suppose to be fun ?

Why give us a great toy to play around with then take it away ?
    That would be why people are making a big deal out of it, well from my perspective at least.

I was still on my ground mount most of the time, but was able to travel faster through the map without bothering with charges of goblin kit or whatever and the toy was looking good as well which changed from the usual glider.

I will repeat myself here and say that even tho I like flying mount for its speed, I 100% agree with Blizzard's plans of waiting until late in the expansion to allow flying.
    This was not replacing flying mount at all as we already had similar utility with goblin glider.

In the end I just hope that they realize that the nerf was unnecessary and at worst bring the cd down to 5-8min maybe.

All in all I just don't think any toy should be that helpful, but purely cosmetic.
    Why do you feel that way? Is there any particular reason?

That was the original design in WoD, understood. My question is why you feel that's the right way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of pure principle they should let us refund the totem. It's garbage now and it would fit them well to have to go through a mass refund process. Like.. I want them to suffer just a bit like I am every time I face terrain boss.

Like oh I get it once I unlock flying I will feel like it's the greatest reward I've ever gotten. But the road there (or lack thereof) is pure torture at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I confess, I haven't even used the kite. The Flightmaster's Whistle has been more than enough for me so far.
    Good for you. I love the kite. Its a good way to traverse without being too excessive.

I hate that they're nerfing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five minutes would have been fine. Goblin Gliders would still be better, but 15 minutes is retardedly excessive. They really fucked this one. Still curious how people used it on Beta and NOW it gets a nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Most amusing thing is that if it was 15 min cd from the start, no one would give a shit. Then it'd be what it was at least supposed be, an occasional free kite. Not the main way of transportation coupled with another infinite use toy.
    This community is so petty, I'm embarrassed.

Oh right, now that we've had the 2min cd infinite kite on Live for a week, it's a human right. How silly of me.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're obviously bitter about the nerf. Exactly you just made your own point, go buy goblin glider kits. Stop being lazy and wanting everything handed to you, you should have enough gold to buy as many as you want. 15min cd on a toy with such value is still fine, why must you people make this into such a huge issue?
    Yes, I'm bitter about Blizzard giving players a toy, noticing that it synergizes well with other toys during testing, letting it make it's way onto live, only to take it away a week later despite it being worse than Gliders. You know, despite flightpaths doing it as well and they even gave you an item to quickly reach flightpaths.

Also stop assuming. I don't use the kite and I haven't after the first day when I realized how short it's air time was. I use Glider kits, which is why I find it baffling that an inferior toy got nerfed, especially to this degree. It's adorable how you think this toy has any value now. 15 mins for a controllable slow fall vs 3 mins for a controllable slow fall... yeah I can really see how great it is now.

Not everyone likes to roll over and put blind faith into everything Blizzard does. Some people voice their dislikes, as is our right as a consumer. That's all that's happening in this thread. This isn't a game ending nerf, but I'm sure you'll go on thinking that's what everyone thinks of it, just because it makes it easier to argue against.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same could be said about Avianas feather, it made it to live and then blizzard realised that it would give players too much of gain which was clearly not their intention. The only thing that's adorable here is that you're crying about something this small when there are CLEARLY alternatives in the game. Stop trying to argue just to argue love
    So let me get this straight:

Blizzard nerfed the feather. Blizzard didn't like the feather. A very popular way of travel came up on the Beta. It was a massively reduced feather that required 2-3 toys. Blizzard didn't nerf it on the Beta, despite knowing about it. Blizzard let it continue into live. Blizzard nerfs it after a week.

You know, for a company that you're trying to put blind faith into, you're painting them as purely incompetent. You're a terrible salesperson. You're saying that they didn't drop the ball once, but twice with the same exact issue?

And now I'm "crying" for stating that I dislike their method of balancing it? Blind fanboys will be fanboys, I guess. Blizzard can't do any wrong, they are flawless overlords, am I right?

I guess you're crying about me crying, so good job with that productive line?