Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    it wasn't baseline instant, it could proc though (but rarely) Aimed was a long cast time spell (3 seconds), the only thing you could cast while moving was Arcane and Chimera and we couldn't do all of our damage on the move, which is what everyone seems to be complaining about. We had to manage our resources and couldn't just spam stuff endlessly. Sounds like the playstyle in Legion to me.
    in wotlk, aimed shot was an instant cast for mm, which is what we're talking about, that put up an MS debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    in wotlk, aimed shot was an instant cast for mm, which is what we're talking about, that put up an MS debuff.
    I'm 99.999% positive Aimed was not instant cast in Wrath because I remember I could not use Aimed when I would dismount in midair and kill people while falling with my glider in Wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyas View Post
    It's true that it's close, but in wrath I believe that after the transition to focus
    You mean in the Cata prepatch? There was no focus in Wrath, and there was no moving while steadyshotting during any season of Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 99.999% positive Aimed was not instant cast in Wrath because I remember I could not use Aimed when I would dismount in midair and kill people while falling with my glider in Wintergrasp.
    You're thinking of Cata. Aimed was instant with a CD, because you would start the fight with Chimera > Aimed > Rapid Fire > Readiness > Chimera > Aimed. Also you eventually dropped Arcane Shot and just used Steady Shot because we got enough Armor Pen that Steady Shot outdpsed Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    You mean in the Cata prepatch? There was no focus in Wrath, and there was no moving while steadyshotting during any season of Wrath.
    So what was the rotation? CS, as,as, ss, ss, as, as? And the 2 SS were the only thigns you needed to be still for for the steady focus buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyas View Post
    So what was the rotation? CS, as,as, ss, ss, as, as? And the 2 SS were the only thigns you needed to be still for for the steady focus buff?
    Well for starters, moving disabled your autoshots so if you were optimal your movement was restricted between autoswing timer as much as possible. But I think my post(s) made it pretty clear that I'm mostly disappointed with Marks pvp then and Marks pvp now, both of which run a little deeper than I think we're going to get into when we're still trying to hammer out what expansion introduced Focus. "We".

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You're thinking of Cata. Aimed was instant with a CD, because you would start the fight with Chimera > Aimed > Rapid Fire > Readiness > Chimera > Aimed. Also you eventually dropped Arcane Shot and just used Steady Shot because we got enough Armor Pen that Steady Shot outdpsed Arcane.
    wowhead has it listed as having a 3sec cast time during wrath which is what i remembered and armor pen was removed with the Cata pre-patch (4.0.1) so I think you are remembering it wrong

Deleted
    .... during wrath aimed was instant cast - shared cd with multishot
    You want instant cast or cast while moving, because this is 2 different things. In pandaria and wod you have 2nd one, till 4p in wod.
    In cata aimed was castable (if u dont have 5 stacks to be instant) and it was bugged, it had longer cast time (2.9s) that should be 2.4s, it was known bug but never fixed for that xpac.

OP's life is in shambles....

I rolled a SV and HAVING A BLAST. interesting rotation. lots of other skills, traps, pets, melts 2-3 mobs at a time while questing, easily handles rare mobs, always does well on meter boards in dungeons. rocking a polearm......

Whats not to love ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    OP's life is in shambles....

I rolled a SV and HAVING A BLAST. interesting rotation. lots of other skills, traps, pets, melts 2-3 mobs at a time while questing, easily handles rare mobs, always does well on meter boards in dungeons. rocking a polearm......

Whats not to love ?

MM is the worst spec gameplay wise ever and the spec fantasy is so way off it looks like a troll. BM is okay but very simple and survival is the only decent spec but why not roll a pure melee then? Survival lacks...survival...another blizzard troll

Deleted
    wowhead has it listed as having a 3sec cast time during wrath which is what i remembered and armor pen was removed with the Cata pre-patch (4.0.1) so I think you are remembering it wrong
    In Wotlk, AiS was instant and had a 6s CD or something like that...or 10s, Arcane shot had a CD too and you used it for movement. MM in WotLK was CS,AiS,Steady,AS and very easy to play This allowed MM to have 100% GCD uptime, even while kiting and even though they had to stop moving while casting SS. Using AS was a small DPS loss though. Legion MM is completely different from Wrath MM, no matter how you set your talents.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-09 at 02:21 PM.

Old video I made in WotLK as MM. Those were awesome times with ArP, should bring that back for MM in some form.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/DUI8_kqiTP8
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Old video I made in WotLK as MM. Those were awesome times with ArP, should bring that back for MM in some form.
    \m/ NIN \m/

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post

Direct link: https://youtu.be/DUI8_kqiTP8
    What about ArP did you like? Other than the fact that it was a very powerful stat when stacked, I mean.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Then go play warlock.
    I invite you to play a SV Hunter then, mister.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I think OP is one of those people who want to play a "complex" spec so he can justify being just above healers in dmg in a raid.
    "I'm playing a real fucking difficult spec here you plebs wouldn't even understand!"
    Lmao this was worth the read
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Man i have mained hunter since the end of BC to now raiding with top 50 usa guilds and have had many top world logs. Hunter has been absolutely ruined. I personally have never enjoyed BM and a pet doing the majority of my dmg and pet management is just annoying. However I have always LOVED survival and mm. Hunters did get dumbed down after wotlk however only novice hunters will say they are just an easy 3 button class at times being a top hunter was very challenging such as in wraith when we had to stagger step at the end of each auto attack via paying attention to a swing timer but novice hunters didnt know how to do this stuff. This is when i had the most fun being a hunter doing fights like yogg 0 and high movement hardmodes while squeezing out every auto shot possible while avoiding stuff and managing you're CD's perfectly. Even after being dumbed down after Wotlk the class was alot easier but I mean it was still fluent and fun. Since coming back to Legion we have survival which was a great fluent fun spec almost every xpac turning into a freaking melee spec. If i wanted to play melee id play a rouge or warrior or something. MM the spec i am currently playing is so dumb it does decent damage but you people acting like it was so much easier back then have no idea its not that its easier im still almost always top dmg in whatever i do the thing is it is not fun. There is entirely too much downtown and we depend too much on barrage which is very clunky and our mobility has gone to crap. The entire class just feels off and the amount of negativity coming from the hunter community should be enough to tell you there is something seriously wrong with it. I guarentee if blizzard doesn't fix this mess they will be loosing alot of subscribers who have played hunter for a long time. Its just not fun threw the years i have had so many different max lvl alts that ive raided on as well and i have never played any class in my life that feels so off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadak View Post
    Hunters did get dumbed down after wotlk however only novice hunters will say they are just an easy 3 button class at times being a top hunter was very challenging such as in wraith when we had to stagger step at the end of each auto attack via paying attention to a swing timer but novice hunters didnt know how to do this stuff.
    Please...you call that "very challenging"? Hunter, pre Focus, was a joke... WotLK was a joke. As someone who played very well during that time (pretty much all server firsts titles, several top10 parses) I feel like I have the right to say that, especially since I had to do all the odd jobs and it rarely affected my DPS other than the loss in damage due to missing debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Please...you call that "very challenging"? Hunter, pre Focus, was a joke... WotLK was a joke. As someone who played very well during that time (pretty much all server firsts titles, several top10 parses) I feel like I have the right to say that, especially since I had to do all the odd jobs and it rarely affected my DPS other than the loss in damage due to missing debuffs.
    Yeah so did i trust me...... All you had to do was look at logs usually you're guilds top dmg hunters were getting off more shots it took skill to get all those shots off while not ignoring mechanics. Id get off so many more shots than our other hunters even with our guild being top 50 usa. Once they took that out it became less dynamic and easier to be stand out.

- - - Updated - - -

But my point was it was still fun right now its not fun its clunky and too much downtime.

Deleted
    It's far more difficult to play MM optimally right now than it was during WotLK, not only because the encounters are far more difficult on average. If you define the fun you had with hunter with how many shots you could squeeze out compared to the hunter next to you, then Legion MM will have an even greater impact.. and it's more difficult too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-09 at 05:09 PM.