2x Primary to a Gathering

I'm sure this question has been asked before...

I have Engineering and Jewelcrafting at 700 (did this back when you wanted double primary to min-max the benefits). Now in Legion I find myself starved to level either, and feel like I can't support either profession without mining. I also feel less engaged without a gathering profession.

Before I pull the plug and dump engineering - is there anything I should be concerned about? Is it really worth it to have a gathering profession?

I have plenty of alts (some with mining) but my limited game time I only play one character.

It all depends on what you want to do with your limited game time, and the resources you have at your disposal.

If you have the high amount of gold required to properly fund the two, then keep them. If you don't like farming, keep them both.

If you enjoy gathering, get a gatherer. If you dont have the gold, get a gatherer. If you want to be able to make items for yourself, get a gatherer.

If you dont care about crafted items, because frankly, you can get equivalent ilvl gear from other sources, they just are more RNG based than upgrading an item linearly, then the above questions are the only relevant information needed to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    It all depends on what you want to do with your limited game time, and the resources you have at your disposal.

If you have the high amount of gold required to properly fund the two, then keep them. If you don't like farming, keep them both.

If you enjoy gathering, get a gatherer. If you dont have the gold, get a gatherer. If you want to be able to make items for yourself, get a gatherer.

If you dont care about crafted items, because frankly, you can get equivalent ilvl gear from other sources, they just are more RNG based than upgrading an item linearly, then the above questions are the only relevant information needed to make a decision.
    Thank you. It's less about the ilvl gear, more about how much gold i can make from my profession. Having 2x primary is way too expensive. You've convinced me to give mining a shot. Thanks!