Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    bolvar isnt loyal to anyone.
    He is perhaps not loyal to the Allince anymore, but he is to Anduin. He was almost a father figure to Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    You would think that wouldn't you. You would expect that two factions that aren't exactly on good terms, that are trying to mount an offensive against the biggest threat they have yet faced. They would get together and try to work out WTF happened the last time they saw each other. But going by genns action that hasn't happened (or he's a bigger bastard then I expected )
    This lack of info/knowledge is the only way blizz has left to keep the alliance vs horde thing going. Because if either faction ever really talked and realized what are they fighting for anymore the alliance vs horde thing would be over and done with. We have been forced to team up time and time again to face the bigger problem by now we should realize the bigger problem is way more important than the silly alliance vs horde thing and try to find a way to stop these bigger problems.
    Because are ongoing useless war is exactly leading to these bigger problems happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    He is perhaps not loyal to the Allince anymore, but he is to Anduin. He was almost a father figure to Anduin.
    Is there some quest where you see this? Because doing any of the DK quests, especially the last one, makes me realize he's his own faction. I mean, we (Ebon Blades) are killing the Burning Legion for the Lich King's wrath.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Or you could just be overly invested and whiny, which is pretty typical of the outspoken Alliance players on these boards. Genn has been a sack of shit since before the Second War and deserves everything he gets.

Where's JustRobb when you need him.
    And beeing a butthurt dick about it is typical of the outspoken Horde players on these boards.

Sylvannas has been a bitch since she possessed her old body and deserves everything she gets.

Come get me, fanboys. I insulted your waifu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    This lack of info/knowledge is the only way blizz has left to keep the alliance vs horde thing going. Because if either faction ever really talked and realized what are they fighting for anymore the alliance vs horde thing would be over and done with. We have been forced to team up time and time again to face the bigger problem by now we should realize the bigger problem is way more important than the silly alliance vs horde thing and try to find a way to stop these bigger problems.
    Because are ongoing useless war is exactly leading to these bigger problems happening.
    Ok that's it, I'm now fully invested in the conspiracy theory that Khadgar is a Dreadlord. Only way to flimsily justify this fuckery.

He is a the key position to draw the wool over everyone's eyes and is never questioned. I'm telling you, manabombs can't melt theramore towers! WoD was an inside job!

Don't tell horde players this they thjnk the alliance should know all this.
    Maybe because you can see the Fel Carriers warping in, firing their lasers at the Horde and the cinematic triggering after they are done just fine from the Alliance positions below. From story perspective the aerial view from the gunship alone would provide sufficient information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Ok that's it, I'm now fully invested in the conspiracy theory that Khadgar is a Dreadlord. Only way to flimsily justify this fuckery.

He is a the key position to draw the wool over everyone's eyes and is never questioned. I'm telling you, manabombs can't melt theramore towers! WoD was an inside job!
    Again that points to be factions having more discussions and not letting things build up. Because flat out trusting someone like kadgar is foolish how did trusting medhiev work out again?

#theramore truther

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Go play a dk.
    He is a jerk.
    I am pretty sure at one point he threatened to unleash the scourge if you failed to push the legion.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    So, while the alliance quest chain is stupid beyond all hell, the horde chain is just as idiotic (considering global events) and really, as much as I love Blightcaller, he was a bit blind to just force most of his energy on hunting down Genn.
    After getting my two Horde mains to 110 I'm leveling my alt rogue to see the Alliance side of things. Neither side is really pushing the other one, for each event Horde side there's a similar one on Alliance side. It's fairly even in terms of who wrecks whom up untill the last part.

Thing is, Sylvananas was up to her usual insane and cackling evil ways. She was in the wrong. She was pretty much striking a bargain with someone who was in cahoots with the Legion and wanted to hand over various things we needed to her solely so she could get herself some new Valkyrs. Gen didn't know this, it wasn't the reason he attacked her initially but ultimatively he kept her from succeeding and screwing all of us over.

I was really bothered that we had no way as Horde but to go along with it when we could clearly see where it was headed. Instead we were forced at gun point to aid her in screwing us over. I didn't even get a chance to go "Wait a minute". It's why I liked the last cutscene. What Gen did what was even I as Horde wanted to do to her all along. (Not the killing part but smashing her plans.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Somehow I'm not surprised people still don't get why Horde retreated and why they still think they "betrayed" them. I guess they wanted a "noble" (read: useless) sacrifice, at which point the Alliance would retreat anyway.
    Even the Klingons said "Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat. " But i guess they are all honorless, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Maybe because you can see the Fel Carriers warping in, firing their lasers at the Horde and the cinematic triggering after they are done just fine from the Alliance positions below. From story perspective the aerial view from the gunship alone would provide sufficient information.

Really the alliance is just suppose to know this and see that in the heat of battle? Really you did it as a horde so you KNOW this. Blizz intentionally left the alliance not knowing this to keep at least a spark of alliance vs horde alive. Or did you miss that? No ally protecting a flank would up and leave without any communication period. But to keep that alliance vs horde thing alive blizz did just that in the scenario.

Deleted
    Jewsco, you do realize you're talking to people who think the Forsaken attacking the Alliance when we were fighting the LK together in Howling Fjord was justified and cool because fighting together doesn't mean we're friends but get angry and upset when Gen does it to the forsaken in an outright shout out to it because we're fighting the Legion together.

People who think Silverwind Refugee being destroyed and slaughtered was cool and awesome amongst a bunch of other places but still cry about Taurajo as war crime and unjustified even when told in game to shut up about it.

People who think Jaina a faction leader should've stayed neutral and be more observant and actually keep bad stuff from happening to the Horde but think Thrall was justified and fine in telling her to go f* herself when she tried to get his aid in return even once because it's not his problem.

I've long since given up expecting most people to be neutral and look at things objectively. From my experience these people are pretty damn hypocritical and change their attitude depending upon which side was the aggressor and whom got clobbered over the head. You could swap around the factions in any given scenario and they would completely change their take on it. If it had been Sylvanas coming in and attacking Genn at the start, people would have found ways to justify it because "he was hostile" and "a risk" and thus she had to do it to get him out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Jewsco, you do realize you're talking to people who think the Forsaken attacking the Alliance when we were fighting the LK together in Howling Fjord was justified and cool because fighting together doesn't mean we're friends but get angry and upset when Gen does it to the forsaken in an outright shout out to it because we're fighting the Legion together.

People who think Silverwind Refugee being destroyed and slaughtered was cool and awesome amongst a bunch of other places but still cry about Taurajo as war crime and unjustified even when told in game to shut up about it.

People who think Jaina a faction leader should've stayed neutral and be more observant and actually keep bad stuff from happening to the Horde but think Thrall was justified and fine in telling her to go f* herself when she tried to get his aid in return even once because it's not his problem.

I've long since given up expecting most people to be neutral and look at things objectively. From my experience these people are pretty damn hypocritical and change their attitude depending upon which side was the aggressor and whom got clobbered over the head. You could swap around the factions in any given scenario and they would completely change their take on it. If it had been Sylvanas coming in and attacking Genn at the start, people would have found ways to justify it because "he was hostile" and "a risk" and thus she had to do it to get him out of the way.
    I like it all. I'm all for faction war, so like that we see it from both sides. That is why Gary dropped the bomb om Theramore, it's a damn alliance stronghold and invasion point for crying out loud, and we are at war with them. I'd expect the same in return. I'd be mad, sure, but that's war. People die. You lose things.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Really the alliance is just suppose to know this and see that in the heat of battle? Really you did it as a horde so you KNOW this. Blizz intentionally left the alliance not knowing this to keep at least a spark of alliance vs horde alive. Or did you miss that? No ally protecting a flank would up and leave without any communication period. But to keep that alliance vs horde thing alive blizz did just that in the scenario.
    And as I just said, if that was their intent, Blizz failed to deliver on this because you can see it on Alliance side just fine despite being at lower altitude. Unless you're saying that not only are all Alliance ground troops suffering from ultimate tunnel vision that they don't see a sudden warp in of the spaceships followed by huge-ass bright green lasers, but that people turn blind when they board the gunship (both the crew and the retreating forces), the way it has been presented, Alliance had ample opportunity to see what's going on up there in the context of the story. And since as you said no ally would leave without a reason (because they did have communication, the horn can be heard on both sides), all they required to connect the dots was merely a glimpse. There's a reason why it's only the warhawks of the Alliance that cry about treason and the rest keeps level headed.

Alliance attacking the Alliance in Howling Fjord? Where?

Should Jaina be neutral when she was leading Theramore? No. The problem was that she wasa hypocrite about it and cried about neutrality herself and couldn't comprehend why her engagement in war led to Horde attacking her city. Or telling Rhonin that aiding her Alliance aligned city state against the Horde (after Theramore started hostilities no less) is somehow the neutral thing to do. That's the issue with her neutrality.

If you're talking about her period as the leader of Dalaran, then sure. Dalaran was a neutral nation and she had no authority under Dalaran's own law to turn them to the Alliance (and she has also been a hypocrite then because she applauded Dalaran's neutrality and spirit of cooperation to Anduin only to break it herself AND punished Blood Elves for doing so AFTER she did). In which case comparing a leader of a neutral nation to Horde aligned Thrall is false equivalence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    And beeing a butthurt dick about it is typical of the outspoken Horde players on these boards.

Sylvannas has been a bitch since she possessed her old body and deserves everything she gets.

Come get me, fanboys. I insulted your waifu.
    A dick? Sure. Butthurt? Not at all.

The difference is that I don't disagree with you about Sylvanas, I just don't have an inferiority complex when it comes to my faction leaders.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Actually, you can. Mostly because the war was started by the Horde and Sylvanas turned it into an extermination campaign. Garrosh only wanted a port in southern Lordaeron, but the Forsaken never offered the Gilneans to just leave or surrender. Commanders have to take responsibility for their decisions and she killed Liam both directly with the arrow and indirectly by the strategy she chose. I do not recall her making an offer to Liam to surrender and be spared, so she would have killed him either way, so whether the arrow was meant for Grenn or him doesn't really factor in.
    Garrosh pushed her hard into Gilneas. Let's be real here, they would not surrender, and she did offer the surrender later. Blaming her for his death is kinda weird since he was the one that jumped in front of the arrow to save his father. Saying something like: "SHE IS EVIL, SHE KILLED HIS SON." It's kinda silly because well, it's a war and she didn't want to kill, she wanted to kill Genn. But sure, you can do it, it's just a little bit dishonest.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Technically they couldn't know, but with even a single bright mind in the Alliance's war general's head, they could've easily assumed. Alliance are just assuming shit they don't know anything about. Sylvanas personally saved your precious little king and yet that still didn't create enough good will for you. That and seeing a huge army walking towards you (the Alliance) didn't trigger any smart thoughts either since you assumed you were the only faction that the Legion would try and get off their islands. It's not like the Legion has access to dozens of different breeds of flying demons and infernal rains.

All that, and of course just easily being able to see the huge Legion army on the spot where the Horde was five minutes ago. I get it, they felt betrayed, but that feeling of betrayal should've flown out the window once they fired up their air gun ship.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-09-09 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Again, I don't see it that way, purely because, we as the readers/viewers, saw what Genn didn't see on the Broken Shore. In his mind, Sylvanas betrayed them - she didn't. It's him who first yells it out and has the "I told you so!" moment with Varian. He's blinded by the revenge of his son and what happened there to Varian, and that is how the story is trying to set it up, cause again, only we are seeing it from the 3rd perspective.
    But that doesn't change the fact that Alliance players tend to not like Sylvanas and would want to see her plan to enslave Eyir fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Alliance attacking the Alliance in Howling Fjord? Where?
    I assume you mean the Horde? Because it was the Forsaken who went after the Alliance fleet to arrive there wiping it out. During the intor quests you then turn upon the survivors and kill them before being send to blight bomb their fleet of reinforcements.

[QUOTE=Sylvani;42237915]It might be, but as an Alliance player, you've likely gone through that questline and you empathize with Genn. And Sylvanas is a Horde character, that has been doing her fair share of terrible things to the Alliance, including retreating her forces at the Broken Shore to leave the Alliance there to die, so as an Alliance character, you want to see that bitch pay.

Vol'jin was dying and they were outnumbered, Sylvanas saved the Horde and did not leave your faggy Alliance to die. She did what a smart warchief would.