Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    God, no. That was like one of the most universally reviled states Shadow had ever been in. Empowered Shadows sucked. Hard.
    What? I'd take Cata Shadow back in a heartbeat.

Unpopular by pve players but spectral guise or psychic horror given back.
    <inactive>

Couple ideas:

• Remove the cast time for VF
    • Give LotV a latent buff to damage in VF when over 70 Insanity
    • Make Mind Sear do literally any fucking damage
    • Make Shadow Crash baseline but remove the Insanity generation on it
    • Reintroduce Cascade or Halo
    • Make Mind Spike actually worth spec'ing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Unpopular by pve players but spectral guise or psychic horror given back.
    Spectral Guise was extremely useful in PvE. I don't know why this would be considered "unpopular."

I'd change all the whines on this forum to constructive criticism posts.

1 change?

Make us viable outside of raid encounters.

If I had to pick one, the change I would make would be to address the following problem: SW:P falling off all the damn time. It's a real problem in my life. My preference would be to make Void Eruption refresh all DoT's on all targets. Maybe a more realistic change would be to add 3 seconds to Shadow Word: Pain. These could both be added as Artifact traits down the line as a try-before-you-bake-in solution.

DoT's falling off after entering Void Form is the main failure of Void Eruption/Void Bolt design. Clearly Void Form is supposed to be all about casting spells frenetically in a maddened state. We're not supposed to be worried about DoT maintenance, otherwise why would Void Bolt refresh them? Yet it never fails, SW:P always falls off in multi-dot situations, and it very often falls off in single target situations when I'm starting from zero insanity. Usually I get VT refreshed just in the nick of time in that situation but it seems like I'm almost always having to reapply SW:P after entering Void Form.

I really dig what they did with Shadow Priest design and fantasy this expac on the whole, the DoT issue above is my main gripe, although it's downright agonizing how pathetic I seem to be on dungeon trash despite my best efforts. If I could make two changes, the second one would be to reduce Shadow Crash cooldown by a lot (and remove the insanity generation, totally fair tradeoff), and replace those Artifact traits that boost Mind Sear damage with traits that boost Shadow Crash damage, and while we're at it just put a bullet in Mind Sear's head. That spell needs to be put out of it's damn misery.
    Last edited by hablix; 2016-09-10 at 03:11 AM.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Void Torrent castable on the move
    or
    Void Eruption default instant cast

I would like to see Mind Spike being some sort of aoe cleave, like 2x MS make MB instant and the MB will apply dots to all targets in a certain range, or maybe make Void Torrent like cleave ability if there is more than 1 target. I would also like to see some ability we can use to generate more insanity when we dont have Lingering Insanity stacks, the playstyle when you're not in voidform is completely boring, just cast DoTs, MB, MF, MF, MF. Would also be cool to see some of our c'd getting a lower cd, maybe make so some of our cd on some spells will go down everytime you gain a stack of insanity or something :-)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Couple ideas:

• Remove the cast time for VF
    • Give LotV a latent buff to damage in VF when over 70 Insanity
    • Make Mind Sear do literally any fucking damage
    • Make Shadow Crash baseline but remove the Insanity generation on it
    • Reintroduce Cascade or Halo
    • Make Mind Spike actually worth spec'ing

- - - Updated - - -

Spectral Guise was extremely useful in PvE. I don't know why this would be considered "unpopular."
    I was referring to Psychic Horror. Bad wording on my side.
    <inactive>

A class change token which would change your class but retain levels, reputation, artifact XP and everything else. The only thing keeping me in shadow is the fact that I can't invest time to get to this same point where I'm currently with another class.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Mind Sear has a 20% chance per tick to call down a Shadow Crash on the main target"

Quote Originally Posted by Guffnat View Post
    "Mind Sear has a 20% chance per tick to call down a Shadow Crash on the main target"
    I like this idea but the thought of high haste situations where you get a lucky amount of procs and literally begin turreting Shadow Crashes is a bit of a humorous one.

God, no. That was like one of the most universally reviled states Shadow had ever been in. Empowered Shadows sucked. Hard.
    DS Shadow is hated because the t13 bonus forced us to play like an Arcane Mage. T11 and t12 Shadow is universally praised as the glory days though, which also included Emp Shadows (which was really easy to keep up). T11 and t12 also just happens to be the two patches in the entire lifetime of WoW, when Shadow was at its strongest performancewise.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Replace Shadowcrash by a spell that changes you into some kind of awesome void creature for X seconds giving you only one spell which is shadowcrash on a 1 or 1.5 sec cd. Basically giving you some good aoe dps for a couple seconds. Make the damage of the shadowcrash less than it is now (maybe make it hit as hard as voidbolt?), and put it on a 30/40 sec cd or something. And decrease the travel time of the shadowcrash bolt like 1/1.5 sec.

Also make VoidTorrent castable outside of Voidform, let it generate 80 insanity or something if you do.

In return they can nerf mass hysteria by a bit.

I would trade mind sear for rain of fire , you can call it rain of shadows and it would throw black bolts from the sky who would aoe all mobs for a decent amount similar to other classes so i wont have to do a tryhard rotation everytime i play against trash.

Give any meaningful and reliable base line AoE. Mind Sear is bad and dear god does every shadow priest know that. I understand they are meant to be more of a multi-DoT kind of AoE class, but it's so damned tedious. Not only that, even shadow crash feels very bland because of how slow it lands. You can have a lot of situations where you clip just a few enemies or none in a public setting - very frustrating.

Deleted
    When you are out of voidform & combat you generate 1 insanity per second until hardcap of 50 insanilty. This way shadow can finally get into roling while outside doing world quests.

Power word shild/shadow heal should also give 4 insanity to make up for dps loss while moving/ emergency healing.

Why couldnt blizzard make it like this?
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2016-09-10 at 11:12 PM.

Not just one change but I'd make Mind Sear spread all the dots from the main target to all targets damaged by Mind Sear. The dots wouldn't need to last the normal duration, maybe as long as 50%. Each application of every dot spreaded my Mind Sear would grant the normal amount of Insanity. Each tick of Mind Sear refreshes the duration of the dots on every damaged minion.
    Shadow Crash does x% more dmg to mobs that are afflicted by SW:P and VT, leaves an AoE on the ground and its traveling time is reduced by x seconds.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dopefishz View Post
    Not just one change but I'd make Mind Sear spread all the dots from the main target to all targets damaged by Mind Sear. The dots wouldn't need to last the normal duration, maybe as long as 50%. Each application of every dot spreaded my Mind Sear would grant the normal amount of Insanity. Each tick of Mind Sear refreshes the duration of the dots on every damaged minion.
    Shadow Crash does x% more dmg to mobs that are afflicted by SW:P and VT, leaves an AoE on the ground and its traveling time is reduced by x seconds.
    Nice. That mechanic worked quite well for Hunters back in the days when Multi Shot applied Serpent Sting on all targets hit for a short duration.

Void Tendrils (root/CC) returned.

I will flay your mind.