Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I had no issues whatsoever navigating the map.

Whistle, CH mage's portals and plethora of flight master are making me wondering why the devs still bother with the "no fly zone" if i basically already do not run around.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    Okay, what is the problem with these kites, glides, mountains and stuff in this expansion? Reached 110, did many world quests, profs etc never needing that stuff once and there are flight paths almost everywhere. Am I missing something? :O
    That's like saying "I've never used a calculator in my life and never needed it!". It is a convenience, you have to try it yourself to understand how good or bad it is... I found kite/glider very useful even as a priest.

Deleted
    Even tho the quests were fine, ive never had a more horrible lvling experience due to all those mountains and cliffs.
    And the amount of Quests / World quest at max lvl its the exact same BS as MoP with Daily quests (which blizz said before they will never do again, but just did)
    The dungeons is awesome tho
    Cant wait until raids open

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP, it's infuriating navigating these maps, I just wish they were more open like zones used to be, I also love everything Nightelf but I find Val'sharah to be claustraphobic and I usually can't wait to get out of there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Even tho the quests were fine, ive never had a more horrible lvling experience due to all those mountains and cliffs.
    And the amount of Quests / World quest at max lvl its the exact same BS as MoP with Daily quests (which blizz said before they will never do again, but just did)...
    But without hardly any decent rewards for the first time ever, what's with that?! The rep rewards are mostly embarrassingly poor.

AFter a few days of WQ's moving around the zones is just 2nd nature to me.

Deleted
    I can see how navigating cliffs would be challenging for 5 year olds.

Map is fine. We don't need flying. Yes, this is another "give flying" thread.

Deleted
    Slow fall, levitate , heroic leap etc helps a lot. Gliders are also a option. You also got the whistle with a low CD to take you to nearest flight point.

As a warrior I do enjoy going off road and see if I can somewhere faster - and explore stuff at the same time.
    It is all about perspective on things. If you don't enjoy exploring you have many different easy options to get from point A to point B. Use them.

Deleted
    Reason why I play warrior and rogue. Cliffs? How sweet, let's see how it fares against my heroic leap or grappling hook.

The only thing that pisses me off a lot is terrain that is not smoothed properly. I have lost track of how often I have gotten stuck in some tree or else that had a larger hit box than its visual appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this isn't a flying thread and I don't intend to derail it into such, I have a flying related pet peeve. Wings.

In zones with flying enabled, my druid can spring off of a cliff or a building and pop flight form. Wings!
    In zones with flying disabled, my druid can spring off of a cliff or a building and pop travel form. Oops! No wings! <bungee plummets>

How do I get around this? Toys and particularly goblin gliders.

Now, my druid springs off of a cliff or a building and I hope that I remember to pop wings by using that glider and not turning myself into a hurtling chunk of venison.

Come on Blizz. Stop cheesing us with the glider crap. Let us used winged mounts or flight form with exactly the same utility as the damned gliders.

<bungee goes to an area with stuff like cliffs. Watches the demon hunters pop wings. Turns himself into a deer and cries.>
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is why we needed the kite. There's so many death drops in this expansion that your options are now Become an Engineer, Roll a DH, or take the long narrow road around the cliff.
    Yeah, or become a Paladin with Divine Shield, or a Mage with Slowfall, a Priest with Levitate, a Hunter with Disengage, a Druid with Flap, a Warrior with Heroic Leap... Wait that's actually starting to feel like a decent amount of options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is why we needed the kite. There's so many death drops in this expansion that your options are now Become an Engineer, Roll a DH, or take the long narrow road around the cliff.
    Or a mage, priest, rogue, druid or warrior. I am sure there are even more options I don't think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're a Monk or DK without a Glider, I don't really see how death drops are an issue. Maybe Shamans too, but I don't know if they have anything in their kit.

Even the Kite, while I consider it pretty much useless now, will save you from a death drop every 15 mins. If you're dying more often than that from falling, I'm not sure what anyone could tell you to help. And then you have Emerald Winds too. And you also have a slowfall toy from WoD.

Deleted
    The hilliness of terrain really annoys me in this expac.

Even if I don't die, I often take so much falling damage that I have 30% health left after 30 seconds of mounted walking. And the HP regenerates at a pitiful rate, they removed most of the accelerated regen passives from classes.

Not to mention zones like Stormheim which are total pain to navigate.

It's like they wanted to do Storm Peaks but forgot to realize that they'll restrict flying for a year. So they added those silly grappling hooks.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-09-10 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    This is NOT about flying. Please keep flying out of this, thank you!

Well then. The most open zone we currently have in the game are Suramar and arguably Aszuna. Both of them have their fair share of artificial movement restrictions. Especially aszuna features an abundance of tiny plateus all over the place to limit movement and force people into certain paths. Other zones such as Highmountain, Stormheim and Val'Shara meanwhile are complete and utter mazes to the extreme.

They top anything seen in the game before in how little freedom they give people to find their own paths. They're more reminiscent of Guild War (1) maps with extremly limited movement options than the open world one is used to in WoW. While I like the atmosphere of these zones and think that quite a few of them were beautifully crafted I do not enjoy this change at all.

I always liked WoW because it gave me the option to find my own way, to traverse freely, because it had rolling plans and open accessible maps. One just needs to look at places such as Mulgore, The Valley of the Four Winds, Dragon Blight or Uldum to see what I mean. Yes they had obstacles in them but they weren't outright mazes with people being forced onto narrow paths as their only way of moving forward and in many cases only one right path existing. The longer I play the more cramped, suffocating and wrong these changes feel.
    What artificial movement restrictions? You mean geography?

I get the feeling OP would like the entire game to look like Hellfire Penninsula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's what makes zones interesting. If every zone were like Dragon wastes in Northrend, it would be boring.

I don't mind the terrain design at all.

What I do mind:
    -The world is PLASTERED with aggressive mobs, all equal to your level thanks to the bullshit scaling. Always having to fight your way through gets tedious very quickly.
    -Little tiny doodads you often don't see on which your character gets stuck.
    -Constant "stuff" hanging in the camera path, obstructing my view.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    And the amount of Quests / World quest at max lvl its the exact same BS as MoP with Daily quests (which blizz said before they will never do again, but just did)
    The dungeons is awesome tho
    Cant wait until raids open
    I dont see a problem with lots of WQ for non raiders like me, I enjoyed MOP dailies aswell. You dont have to do them if you dont like.

Sooooo, what? Should zones be just flat surfaces without any obstacles?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Welp. You tripped and fell over your hyperbole. You'd have to be mentally impaired to have any difficulty with these zones.

Who the hell actually died by falling while questing? Geez.
    well I have died more than plenty of times while questing, miscalculating the distance before disengage or small lag and Im dead. Happens only on my hunter tho, since I always take shortcuts by jumping cliffs and buildings and either depend on my engi glider or disengage to save me.

But yeah, Stormheim and Highmountain would be pain to navgate through without some sort of glider or chute, Stormheim has the graple atleast, but its still meh

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    They top anything seen in the game before in how little freedom they give people to find their own paths.
    This is a totally ridiculous statement. The "freedom to find their own paths", give me a break. It's this typical new disingenuous way to make whining look more substantiated instead of simply saying "I don't like it". Let's make up a term and give things a name and act as if was a "thing".

It's also completely contradictory. If you want open planes that you can afk-autorun through like nothing, where's the "finding your own path" part in that? Winding, multi-layered zones like the Legion ones are the ones where you need to find your way through, memorize the terrain, come up with your own little shortcuts, use items etc. If "finding your own paths" was really your thing, you should be loving the heck out of the Broken Isles.