Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How are you guys liking Arms rotation?

Do you guys find it fun or easy to mess up or very punishing in certain circumstances?

If you were to rate it from 1-10, 10 being you loved it and 1 being you hate it and wished Fury was better so you could switch, how would you rate it and why?

I hate the FR build, it's like a 3. I love the standard build though, like 11/10. I hope they are adjusted to pull similar numbers at some point in time. But neither is hard, maybe punishing technically, but not in reality since they're simple to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    I hate the FR build, it's like a 3. I love the standard build though, like 11/10. I hope they are adjusted to pull similar numbers at some point in time. But neither is hard, maybe punishing technically, but not in reality since they're simple to pull off.
    But why do you hate it though? You said its simple and pull off great numbers and all.

Random CS droughts feel bad but overall I like FR much better than boring the CS-MS-filler specs. Fury is also boring to me although it flows well.

But why do you hate it though? You said its simple and pull off great numbers and all.
    Probably has a lot to do with feeling like he's not doing anything every few seconds. Specs that have you auto-attacking a heavy amount are often found boring by most.

I really enjoy it, aside from the sine wave feel to rage generation. At times it seems like I need another rage dump that's off the gcd, and other times I'm starved of rage for days. Otherwise, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere321 View Post
    Unlike most people, I find the FR build dull. I hate the wait and spam play style. I like the more traditional style with overpower procs and the passive damage, not to mention the moderate use of execute. The standard build also has many more options with talents making it more flexible. The numbers mean nothing to me, I'll play FR in raid cause I have to, not cause I care about numbers. I'd rather be middle of the pack with my build then number 1 with FR, but that's not how it works in a mythic guild, even a retirement home like mine. It's just an awful design in my opinion, but then you have other people who think the exact opposite of me. It's all subjective. At this point I'm just hoping one of our tanks quits lol, would be much happier in that role currently.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it. It performs well, and feels fun to play. It is however a bit clunky, but that's fine considering the state Arms has been in during previous times. Arms is more fun than it has been in a real long time.

"Punishing" speccs, as in being difficult or making mistakes and stuff really is a non-issue to be fair. Even if you're the slowest kid on the block you'll be able to learn any specc fairly quickly given you actually try.

8/10

Also, I'm assuming we are talking about FR Arms as it's the only viable one. As well as me thinking the "standard" (which really isn't standard at all) build is not fun at all since all you do is press CS > MS > Slam with no thoughts what so ever towards rage, CDs, or anything at all for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    FR is mindnumbing to play. The complexity and higher skill ceiling is a myth. It's dull and simplistic, and being forced to play it to stay relevant is rapidly draining the fun from the class. Balancing has to happen ASAP.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Fury is mind numbing to play. The complexity and higher skill ceiling is a myth. It's dull and simplistic, and being forced to play it to stay relevant is rapidly draining the fun from the class. Balancing has to happen ASAP" - Warriors that don't like Fury but has been forced to play it since the dawn of Warrior DPS except for a select few patches.

See what I did there? Talking about preference and then applying that to everyone is just weird. I think that Fury, for example, is mind numbing and dull, but that's just me.

Also, talking about complexity and skill ceilings for any specc is a myth. Seriously, if anyone believes the difference between good and bad players (unless we are talking extremes) are skill ceilings on speccs then they're delusional.

I'm not saying the FR build doesn't have problems in terms of clunkiness and shit, I'm just saying your post and logic behind it has.

I love the fr build, it's fun.

I'm enjoying it, it's frustrating at times for sure but it feels nice to be useful on single target again and the highs with the spec are quite rewarding. But the way people are talk around here I think some people would rather Arms be mediocre all round than have a spec like FR with a niche strength that they feel obligated to play. I hope it doesn't get nerfed, because Arms has fuck all else going for it and Fury is dogshite.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The FR build sucks but without FR arms way better now.
    Too bad FR is way above any other build.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawm View Post
    FR is mindnumbing to play. The complexity and higher skill ceiling is a myth. It's dull and simplistic, and being forced to play it to stay relevant is rapidly draining the fun from the class. Balancing has to happen ASAP.
    A lot of people seem to say that it's very hard to master and require skill to be able to maximize or reach it's DPS potential...

Deleted
    From 1 to 10, I'll give FR build a 4/10.

If you have enough procs, then it's middly fun. If not, it's way too boring. And like some people said before, almost no skill involved IMO.

If we are talking about the "normal" Arms build wich can offer variety with mono and aoe rotations, and doesn't require us to afk every 20 sec, I'd say 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere321 View Post
    Not everyone enjoys switching between doing zero dps and apm during cs dry spells to going ham like a retarded monkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The FR build sucks but without FR arms way better now.
    Too bad FR is way above any other build.
    I'm not sure I understand what people mean, you drop Slam for FR and then stack FR 3 times followed by MS, repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what people mean, you drop Slam for FR and then stack FR 3 times followed by MS, repeat?
    Not quite, no. Look up a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by YoZ View Post
    If you have enough procs, then it's middly fun. If not, it's way too boring. And like some people said before, almost no skill involved IMO.
    Easy to say any spec has "almost no skill involved" when you are parsing in the 30th percentile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Solid 2 for the entire spec. 6+ of the talents shouldn't even be talents to begin with. Only spec I know that makes you pick between survivability, mobility, and utility where almost all the other Mdps get all 3. As for rotation it still potato, slow clunky and based of procs. If the proc rate is so bad that they keep adding multiple different things that increase it to the point where its constant then why have the proc to begin with?

Ya I'm no fan of the FR build either. I play it, but don't like it. I like a more barbaric constants slam of hits not this this slow FR build with the extreme high's and lows. I prefer constant OP procs and MS filled with slam's. Don't really care to spend my 3 GCD button presses on for a pure buff that does no damage. But there is no other option if you need the best dps available. I think if I remember correctly that the Standard build only does 60% of an FR builds dps.