Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thats really as unurprising as the fact that ICC was a raid. The real question is what will be a main focus of 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    I would laugh so hard if Kil'jaeden the DECIEVER's plan was "let these fools gather the Pillars of Creation for me in one place so that I can go retrieve them like fish in a barrel."
    Pretty sure thats what is going to happen. Had that happen with the Heart of Gorgorek which we put in our garrison during Warlords and I knew next quest the Iron Horde would take it. Seems like a highly possible outcome for this to occur again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats really as unurprising as the fact that ICC was a raid. The real question is what will be a main focus of 7.2
    It isn't, but can't be safe enough with spoilers.

Now that's the question; is ToS the final raid, or the 7.2 raid with 7.4 or. 3 being something beyond that?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I have the feeling that Kil'jaeden will be the last boss of Tomb of Sargeras raid
    Yeah and Avatar of Sargeras as Ra-Den version.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2016-09-10 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    I assume there's gonna be a fun second raid tier, and then the conclusion of the storyline is gonna be the final battle against the Legion (for this expansion) at the Tomb of Sargeras, where we probably fight Kil'jaeden.

Then the Legion is cut off from our world again.

And I assume, based on the fact that in the Illidari starting zone you retrieve the Sargerite Keystone, which allows you to go to ANY Legion world, that it's gonna be something like this:

Illidan is gonna be resurrected by the time we go to the Tomb of Sargeras and he's gonna show up and go "so look, I'm not thrilled about what you did back at the Black Temple, to be honest, you kinda ruined the moment, but anyway..." and he's gonna pull out the Sargerite Keystone, put it on the table, and say "Who wants to come with me to Argus." End scene of Legion, queue Argus expansion.

The only downside I see is that it's gonna be another Legion expansion, but Argus is almost a blank slate, and it could look as diverse as they want it to, and Legion looked very diverse, too, with a lot of zones featuring only a little bit of the Legion, so it could work.

Alternatively they could have an expansion between this one and Argus, where maybe Azshara steals the Sargerite Keystone and we have to get it back. This way, you have something different between now and the next Legion expansion, and you can tease an Argus expansion for a bit, gives people something to look forward to and a neat little story to get involved in.

I would laugh so hard if Kil'jaeden the DECIEVER's plan was "let these fools gather the Pillars of Creation for me in one place so that I can go retrieve them like fish in a barrel."
    Liquiiiiiiiiid.

Deleted
    Just so that we are clear:

1- The topic isn't about the very predictable revelation; it's about the flow of events.

2- Spoilers is for safety because I am not sure if this falls under one according to the forum rules.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In august Q&A Blizz dude mentioned the addon will last "a few years". That most likely means more than 3 tiers. I bet on Emerald Dream/Nighthold/Tomb of Sargeras/Argus-Throne of KilJaeden raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    In august Q&A Blizz dude mentioned the addon will last "a few years". That most likely means more than 3 tiers. I bet on Emerald Dream/Nighthold/Tomb of Sargeras/Argus-Throne of KilJaeden raids.
    2 years are a few years. They confirmed 3 raid tiers, there's not gonna be more. Also what you listed would be 3 raid tiers. Emerald Dream and Nighthold is 1 tier. Tomb of Sargeras would be 1 tier and Argus would be 1 tier. That's 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Tomb of Sargeras will be mid or pre end patch raid. Back in TBC people assumed what BT will be last raid when in reality blizzard pulled Sunwell out from their pants. KJ palace at Argus is really thing. No need to assault whole planet - small but powerful strike team on board of Exodar could work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I think Tomb of Sargeras will be mid or pre end patch raid. Back in TBC people assumed what BT will be last raid when in reality blizzard pulled Sunwell out from their pants. KJ palace at Argus is really thing. No need to assault whole planet - small but powerful strike team on board of Exodar could work.
    Why would we need the Exodar if we have the Sargerite Keystone though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would we need the Exodar if we have the Sargerite Keystone though?
    How you suppose to assault demon fortress in demon world without aviation? I think Exodar making crash landing at one of KJ palace's towers/buildings could be amazing.

This is definitely midway. The real threat is the void. This is the Legion expansion, we won't have another legion expansion next in terms of going to Argus. The last tier usually hints at the next expansion. 4.3 hinted at Cataclysm, which hinted at Mop, which really made clear WoD which undoubdedly yelled out stuff about Legion. This time all signs point to the void. The legion will be locked away mid tier which will awaken the void and lead us to the next expansion. It's like clockwork.

Kael'thas was demonic like the other felblood elves by the time the events of Sunwell Began.

7.2 The Return of Kael'thas Muwhahahahah and what better time to send Illidan personally after the old turncoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    How you suppose to assault demon fortress in demon world without aviation? I think Exodar making crash landing at one of KJ palace's towers/buildings could be amazing.
    It's quite simple, by following Illidan's original plan. His portal anchors are right inside KJ palace. Illidan opens a portal, our elite assassination team charge in and assault the place before the demons have time to reorganize and move their army there.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I'm guessing middle-tier. We go to the Tomb and kill Kiljeaden and seal that threat for now. Final tier will be a setup for 8.0. I'm guessing the final tier will be N'Zoth, taking advantage of our weakened state and leading up to the Void Lords whose main obstacle was the Legion, in 8.0.

Argus will be this expansions Tanaan/Timeless Isle as we gather info/power to take on NZoth and move towards the Void Lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I'm guessing the final tier will be N'Zoth, taking advantage of our weakened state and leading up to the Void Lords whose main obstacle was the Legion, in 8.0.
    God, I hope not. This will pain me two folds:

1- I would love to see N'zoth in an expansion with Azshara.
    2- it will feel strange to have a Legion based expansion with an Old God as the final boss.

God, I hope not. This will pain me two folds:

1- I would love to see N'zoth in an expansion with Azshara.
    2- it will feel strange to have a Legion based expansion with an Old God as the final boss.
    I have a feeling the title "Legion" is ambiguous.

One side is directly related to the Burning Legion(duh).
    But at the same time it also means "number of people or things". This could mean the legion of enemies we have to fight, both internal and external.
    Thal'Dranath is supposedly where NZoth hangs out and we are going there later as a max level zone. I could see this accompany this accompany the Tomb as a mid-tier jumbo patch. Final patch/tier would be NZoths lair and maybe Argus as another max level/catch-up zone like Tannan.

All signs in my biased mind point to OG final raid with Void Lord 8.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I have a feeling the title "Legion" is ambiguous.

One side is directly related to the Burning Legion(duh).
    But at the same time it also means "number of people or things". This could mean the legion of enemies we have to fight, both internal and external.
    Thal'Dranath is supposedly where NZoth hangs out and we are going there later as a max level zone. I could see this accompany this accompany the Tomb as a mid-tier jumbo patch. Final patch/tier would be NZoths lair and maybe Argus as another max level/catch-up zone like Tannan.

All signs in my biased mind point to OG final raid with Void Lord 8.0.

>.>

That is really a stretch. But ok, we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I betting we going to have to fight Varian's fel burned out husk as one of the bosses in that raid, and probably a resurrected Naisha as well. Drak'thul might be apart of this raid too I'm guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Tomb as the mid tier. Final tier would be Argus/KJ. We already know from the Illidan novel that Argus is basically a broken world of black rock that the Legion usually leaves behind, so i doubt you want an expansion full of that given there would be no diversity, it is not like there are any rebel Draenei cities there, only Army of Light encampments.